Poll: $1,000,000 USD for 4 Rounds... With Mike Tyson.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All I have to do is run around in circles like Floyd Mayweather? Sign me up.

4 rounds and you have to still be standing?

ARe you nuts? You'd be half dead after one.

Um, I'm sure I would be annihilated but I guess it's worth trying to stall out the game for 4 rounds for that much money?

I mean what are the odds you'd get brain damage from one fight?

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    A million dollars isn't shit.
    Can I have yours then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Um, I'm sure I would be annihilated but I guess it's worth trying to stall out the game for 4 rounds for that much money?

Can I have yours then?
    Now that is a fight I would pay to see.

I guess the odds of sustaining brain damage are somewhat low, you're probably more likely to just die outright.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2017-10-14 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    I'm fast, could possibly train to dodge him enough for 4 rounds without dying.

Still wouldnt do it, already made more without having to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Nobody here could go 4 rounds with Tyson.
    Exactly..
    Nobody here could go just one round. Some would likely even die. Most come out with life altering injuries at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Mike Tyson? Is this 1990?

Would do it for free tbh, that old midget doesn't scare me at all.
    That old midget is still pretty much in shape.
    He's recently been a judge on the TV show Superhuman, looks pretty fit. He still sports that 6 pack.
    One can tell he's working out regularly
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Exactly..
    Nobody here could go just one round. Some would likely even die. Most come out with life altering injuries at the least.

That old midget is still pretty much in shape.
    He's recently been a judge on the TV show Superhuman, looks pretty fit. He still sports that 6 pack.
    One can tell he's working out regularly
    ]
    Ahh come on WildTree, what is the fun in life without risk. There are thousands of people that visit here, maybe millions, SOMEONE could at the very least survive 4 rounds. Not talking about win but survive for 1 million big ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Can I have yours then?
    Hmm well the head is a hard target to hit, and it can be pretty thick, so I don't know, I would guess it would depend how fast and accurate Mike Tyson still is.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Am I allowed to just run away?

Even an 'older' Mike Tyson could take your average to slightly above average person out no problem. Dude is still stacked.

If it was just fight him? Sure. But if it is 'You have to last 4 rounds', then no way. I would be smoked the second he opened up on me, despite efforts to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    You have no clue do you? A boxer would only be able to accomplish that shit on a non trained person or a yellowbelt toddler.
    Why the fuck do you think no one uses boxing in mma.
    Because people who use boxing are just fighting on the ring for the more money and it requires more skill and training? Simple and obvious.

Quoted for truth. It's funny that there forum street fighters and saying that the old Mike Tyson is old and would beat him easily. Totally clueless people, who fought maybe 2-3 times in their entire life and had trained maybe 2-3 years in some non-professional gym.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-14 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Ahh come on WildTree, what is the fun in life without risk. There are thousands of people that visit here, maybe millions, SOMEONE could at the very least survive 4 rounds. Not talking about win but survive for 1 million big ones.
    I know you talking about surviving. But the problem with that is how one survives.
    I think you're too optimistic.
    As for the forum stats:
    Most users ever online was 253,388, 2014-04-08 at 11:12 AM.
    Members: 550,863
    Active Members: 20,228

Now, it's safe to say that most of these people are the opposite of a fitness loving person that engages in sports activities on a regular basis. And among those that do, most won't do any sport that would help them in a boxing ring.
    Let's keep in mind, that the idea of outrunning the opponent is not very effective. Even the best trained professional boxers weren't able to escape Tyson for long.
    One can try to run circles around him, but that won't work. That tactic has a counter tactic and eventually he'll got you where he wants you, in a corner. Remember Mayweather.. he let McGregor run around like a monkey, just to make him his bitch once the audience got enough for their money.
    Plus, now even though there are a few lists about the topic, but at least ESPN has him as the hardest hitter in Heavyweight history. Such lists are however a bit flawed, because they rely too much on evaluation than scientific data. Many top boxer are retired, or not even alive anymore. And the tech didn't exist during their hay days.
    Tyson's punch has never been measured either.

As a fun thought.. I still stick to the conclusion.. fuck no, a million bucks isn't even remotely worth risking my health lol

(not so much of a) fun fact.... Approx. 650 professional boxers, estimates say, lost their lives in the ring throughout the history of professional boxing.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-10-14 at 01:14 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Now that is a fight I would pay to see.

I guess the odds of sustaining brain damage are somewhat low, you're probably more likely to just die outright.
    I judge that to be pretty unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you talking about surviving. But the problem with that is how one survives.
    I think you're too optimistic.
    As for the forum stats:
    Most users ever online was 253,388, 2014-04-08 at 11:12 AM.
    Members: 550,863
    Active Members: 20,228

Now, it's safe to say that most of these people are the opposite of a fitness loving person that engages in sports activities on a regular basis. And among those that do, most won't do any sport that would help them in a boxing ring.
    Let's keep in mind, that the idea of outrunning the opponent is not very effective. Even the best trained professional boxers weren't able to escape Tyson for long.
    One can try to run circles around him, but that won't work. That tactic has a counter tactic and eventually he'll got you where he wants you, in a corner. Remember Mayweather.. he let McGregor run around like a monkey, just to make him his bitch once the audience got enough for their money.
    Plus, now even though there are a few lists about the topic, but at least ESPN has him as the hardest hitter in Heavyweight history. Such lists are however a bit flawed, because they rely too much on evaluation than scientific data. Many top boxer are retired, or not even alive anymore. And the tech didn't exist during their hay days.
    Tyson's punch has never been measured either.

As a fun thought.. I still stick to the conclusion.. fuck no, a million bucks isn't even remotely worth risking my health lol

(not so much of a) fun fact.... Approx. 650 professional boxers, estimates say, lost their lives in the ring throughout the history of professional boxing.
    Damn let me get some Medication!

Ok 253.000 that's a lot right, is that like ever, I mean surely lots of people lurk or get linked here?

You have a pretty solid break down, I could argue some points, but I wont, EXCEPT THIS ONE Tyson is old though!

As for McGregor alright, I hate Mayweather but I have to say his record is pretty undeniable, I didn't put McGregor winning at all, but I was surprised he went toe to toe.

I think I gave him about as much chance to school Mayweather, and I would Mayweather playing Tennis against Venus Williams
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because people who use boxing are just fighting on the ring for the more money and it requires more skill and training? Simple and obvious.

Quoted for truth. It's funny that there forum street fighters and saying that the old Mike Tyson is old and would beat him easily. Totally clueless people, who fought maybe 2-3 times in their entire life and had trained maybe 2-3 years in some non-professional gym.
    Well yes most money is in boxing but the reason it issent used in mma is for the simple reason that it's ineffective. I am not stating it's a bad fighting technic, it's just useless in people with more disciplines where 70% of the fights happen on the ground.

And yes I agree, he is not in he's prime but man I would not want to get hooked by that guy.

Deleted
    You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Nobody here could go 4 rounds with Tyson.

If the payout were guaranteed on KO, then sure, I'd do it.

But required to last 4 rounds? Not a damn chance.
    Well it could be fixed like mayweather vs McGregor. In the cage may would be down in seconds. In the actual fight between them with boxing rules McGregor would have been down before round 3, hell even 2. So let's fix this shit and split 50/50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children !
    Hi, I'm Richard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Am I allowed to just run away?
    Ofc, run in circles. U will still get cornered. You could run around screaming like a little bitch and hope for sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At his age and shape now I would do it for sure. It isn't like I'd have to win just make it a few minutes. Being a half foot taller my head would be decently protected due to reach issues alone. A pretty easy way to make a million dollars.
    Fighting people significantly bigger/taller than him and knocking them utterly senseless is something he is specifically known for. Good luck with that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, lasting 4 rounds with anybody is hard enough (if you box, you'll know what I mean). Lasting 4 rounds with Tyson is impossible for someone who doesn't train. People should realize that it's quite difficult to last 2 true rounds with anybody before your legs are shaking and you're flat-footed. In essence, 4 rounds equates to 12 min. of burpees at a steady to fast pace (not a conservative pace).

It's damn hard! Knockout punches come when the victim is tired and/or doesn't see the punch coming.

It's not an acceptable chance at a $1,000,000... lol
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2017-10-14 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Fighting people significantly bigger/taller than him and knocking them utterly senseless is something he is specifically known for. Good luck with that...
    In the late 80s and early 90s.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."