Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Diversity Meet-Up at BlizzCon ... meanwhile at Blizzard HQ

Look at all the baby worgen

I guess having various Asians and/or Indians no longer counts towards diversity in USA.

Deleted
    Why there are 6 dogs but no cats...?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an asian guy in the front toward the right- looks diverse enough for me.

But seriously, nothing wrong with promoting diversity in the workplace, even if you're not the most diverse company to date. And don't be silly, this isn't everyone that works at BlizzHQ, let alone Blizzard as a whole; how many black people work in their IT department? HR? Maintenance? Remote PR and marketing agents? What about those in sales, customer and tech support lines?

Moral of the story- it's easy to judge and get indignant when you oversimplify the entire premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is a tremendous step forward. That is like 100% more than they had.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    There's an asian guy in the front toward the right- looks diverse enough for me.
    There's at least 5 Asians in first two rows, mate...

we need less white people.
    -a bunch of self loathing white people

so progressive
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post

But seriously, nothing wrong with promoting diversity in the workplace, even if you're not the most diverse company to date. And don't be silly, this isn't everyone that works at BlizzHQ, let alone Blizzard as a whole; how many black people work in their IT department? HR? Maintenance? Remote PR and marketing agents? What about those in sales, customer and tech support lines?

Moral of the story- it's easy to judge and get indignant when you oversimplify the entire premise.
    Except studies show that minorities, not counting asians, are super unrepresented in the IT industry. Scientific studies trump some random naysayer on the internet, professor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

OP is a mong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    OP is a mong.
    And you are a racist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    we need less white people.
    -a bunch of self loathing white people
    so progressive
    So I get it compassion and you know consideration that should be only for people of the same skin color? Great lessons in fucking life.

Deleted
    Ever stop to think that perhaps the whiteness in the picture is the reason for the current diversity drive at Blizzard.

Still, companies shouldn't hire anyone based on the color of their skin, regardless of what that color is. Hence, hiring to be diverse just to be diverse is just dumb. Hire the best people, period.

Because when someone thinks "diversity" in a tech company they are totally thinking of Asians.

lol

Why does WHITE skin color mean not diverse?

Is having employees from europe, russian, spain, australia, asia, south america, and america not diverse enough?

When the fuck did diversity only count if you had every country + black people? That is fucking racist. You're literally marginalizing every group but the black ones when you say this bullshit. Literally, the stupidest thing I've read today, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I guess having various Asians and/or Indians no longer counts towards diversity in USA.
    When it's convenient, Asians are white.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why does WHITE skin color mean not diverse?

Is having employees from europe, russian, spain, australia, asia, south america, and america not diverse enough?
    There's another issue, non-South-Eastern Asians are pale af, even among Indians there's enough diversity when it comes to skin colours: from really pale to pitch black.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Except studies show that minorities, not counting asians, are super unrepresented in the IT industry. Scientific studies trump some random naysayer on the internet, professor.
    Why should anyone care? Asians (both East and South) are wildly overrepresented, whites are moderately underrepresented, blacks and Hispanics are heavily underrepresented. But who cares? Why is that a problem that needs solving rather than just a fact about the world? Surely it's better to be an NBA point guard than a Blizzard software developer, but I hear precious little lamentation about the underrepresentation of whites there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Right like you know when trying to suggest when it comes to Jews and Hollywood or Crime and Statistics, when it comes down to White vs Hispanic White, right?

There's another issue, non-South-Eastern Asians are pale af, even among Indians there's enough diversity when it comes to skin colours: from really pale to pitch black.
    It's almost as though using a photo to show some kinda of diversity or lack thereof is the action of a complete mong .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.