Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Except studies show that minorities, not counting asians, are super unrepresented in the IT industry. Scientific studies trump some random naysayer on the internet, professor.
    Tbf, you also didnt actually link a study.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Why should anyone care? Asians (both East and South) are wildly overrepresented, whites are moderately underrepresented, blacks and Hispanics are heavily underrepresented. But who cares? Why is that a problem that needs solving rather than just a fact about the world? Surely it's better to be an NBA point guard than a Blizzard software developer, but I hear precious little lamentation about the underrepresentation of whites there.
    Because it's not your fucking problem, how about that, since the entire world doesn't revolve around you and how it only serves you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are people of many different races in that photo. If the OP would have looked closer, there is a black lady on the left hand side near the front wearing a grey hat so who is being racist when bitching and complaining about diversity by circling someone of color and stating they are the only black person in the photo?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Right like you know when trying to suggest when it comes to Jews and Hollywood or Crime and Statistics, when it comes down to White vs Hispanic White, right?
    I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

Can we all take a minute and talk about the disgusting neckbeard in the 3rd row from the front, 2nd from the left? Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    always makes me think of this

Because it's not your fucking problem, how about that, since the entire world doesn't revolve around you and how it only serves you.
    Right, I agree - it's not my problem. It's not anyone's problem since it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Ever stop to think that perhaps the whiteness in the picture is the reason for the current diversity drive at Blizzard.

Still, companies shouldn't hire anyone based on the color of their skin, regardless of what that color is. Hence, hiring to be diverse just to be diverse is just dumb. Hire the best people, period.
    The diversity push from Blizzard was specifically meant for woman. And from a general look at the picture, the ratio seems fine to me.

i almost wish everyone that worries about this kind of thing would just die. it would do nothing but do the world a favor.

but i don't. i stop just short of wanting that.

i'm also annoyed that this is the only thread on that picture. i was hoping someone would make one trying to comb over it to see for potential expansion hints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why does WHITE skin color mean not diverse?

Is having employees from europe, russian, spain, australia, asia, south america, and america not diverse enough?

When the fuck did diversity only count if you had every country + black people? That is fucking racist. You're literally marginalizing every group but the black ones when you say this bullshit. Literally, the stupidest thing I've read today, congratulations.
    Since the same people that make the fucking argument you just did, claim that being white anyone being white is all really the same thing and an oppressed group who identity and accomplishments are all tied together right.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, I agree - it's not my problem. It's not anyone's problem since it's not a problem.
    No it isn't your problem. Full stop and just as much as you don't give a shit about me or anybody else, why the fuck do you think anyone should care about you or any groups of you that hold the same view.

I mean you could all you know organize and shit right.

I grew up wanting to play cornerback in the NFL. A Google images search of NFL cornerbacks makes me feel like they're not very diverse though. Clearly the NFL has some sort of systemic anti-white bias and needs to start a diversity program for corners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    always makes me think of this
    Yeah and 100% of the LOTR's movies where white.

No it isn't your problem. Full stop and just as much as you don't give a shit about me or anybody else, why the fuck do you think anyone should care about you or any groups of you that hold the same view.

I mean you could all you know organize and shit right.
    I honestly don't have any idea what point you're trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up wanting to play cornerback in the NFL. A Google images search of NFL cornerbacks makes me feel like they're not very diverse though. Clearly the NFL has some sort of systemic anti-white bias and needs to start a diversity program for corners.
    Yeah except again your problem not everybody else's and if you wanted to do that which you clearly don't there is no point taking any of your nonsense seriously. Because I am perfectly serious and saying I wouldn't give a shit if the same initiative was taken in Pro Sports either.

Since the same people that make the fucking argument you just did, claim that being white anyone being white is all really the same thing and an oppressed group who identity and accomplishments are all tied together right.
    Anyone who argues that "white anyone being white is all really the same thing" is a racist, full stop. That's the red flag. These people should be demonized for that sort of view.

Deleted
    Blizzard have a corporate culture which is basically an object lesson in why black people are fucked when it comes to employment.

People, especially right-wingers, seem to have this idea that racism should be some kind of neo-nazi consciously rejecting black people from employment. They observe that employers are not like that and determine racism doesn't exist, and that black people are just lazy or something.

Here's what exactly happens and Blizzard are a perfect example: it is really cliquey. It is all about gaming the social hierarchy. As an outsider you don't stand a chance.
    I very much there is much or in fact any conscious racism going on, but the white nerds running Blizzard don't have any black friends so they aren't going to bring them in. Even if they did, a black guy would have difficulty not being seen as an outsider. To some extent black guys are just a part of a larger subset who aren't in Blizzard's little friendship club-I doubt there are many jocks in there either for example.

One thing that black people could do to ameloriate this situation is get their kids to make friends with the white nerd with the glasses. That would probably be more effective than going on a march or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't have any idea what point you're trying to make.
    Haha that is par for the course, most of what you post is in the same line of trying REAL hard for a smart guy to not fucking understand what's going on or what people are talking about. MAYBE that is why you don't give a shit about any of this.

Maybe get a Starbucks or something.

Whats your point, OP?

You hire based on qualifications, not skin color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

ITT: if you're not black, you're white
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.