Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah except again your problem not everybody else's and if you wanted to do that which you clearly don't there is no point taking any of your nonsense seriously. Because I am perfectly serious and saying I wouldn't give a shit if the same initiative was taken in Pro Sports either.
    Everyone would be aware that it's pants-on-head retarded. The main reason there aren't white corners in the NFL at a high rate is mostly because it's a position that favors sprinting and white people are mostly pretty shitty at sprinting compared to African-Americans. Everyone pretty well knows that. It'd be hilarious to watch a team take it seriously and insist on having a secondary that consisted of two white corners, a black safety, a Hispanic safety, and an Asian nickel-back though, which is basically the equivalent of insisting that Blizzard go find a black woman to hire as a programmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Anyone who argues that "white anyone being white is all really the same thing" is a racist, full stop. That's the red flag. These people should be demonized for that sort of view.
    Yeah, well when I actually see any sort of consistency coming from you or any others LIKE you, spouting the same thing, then I will still go on not really giving a shit. Mostly because from beginning to end. You really give no fucks about any values I care about or many others.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

No wonder Blizz constantly makes the best games.

So what's your point exactly... do we need race quotas or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Everyone would be aware that it's pants-on-head retarded. The main reason there aren't white corners in the NFL at a high rate is mostly because it's a position that favors sprinting and white people are mostly pretty shitty at sprinting compared to African-Americans. Everyone pretty well knows that. It'd be hilarious to watch a team take it seriously and insist on having a secondary that consisted of two white corners, a black safety, a Hispanic safety, and an Asian nickel-back though, which is basically the equivalent of insisting that Blizzard go find a black woman to hire as a programmer.
    No, they would be just as full of shit as you were when you brought up diversity in the sports. See that is why what you say doesn't make any sense, and why you have a hard time understanding me or trying to.

This isn't all the fuck about you, or all about the people that feel for others to get evened out they don't want to give up anything, even when it isn't YOUR SHIT. I mean unless I am wrong and you actually fucking own any part of Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    No wonder Blizz constantly makes the best games.
    KeK

OT:
    This thread is fucking retarded.
    What about having a diversity in a game and recruiting people just because their qualification and not a skin color?

Yeah and 100% of the LOTR's movies where white.
    Probably because most of the fantasy universes are based on the medieval times... yeah.
    Anyway, I wouldn't say that Uruk'hai were white, but whatever grinds your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    ITT: if you're not black, you're white
    I am sure plenty of Asians, Latinos and Black people might agree with you.

Deleted
    Look at all these racists pointing at asians like they interchangeable with other minorities whenever it's convenient. African Americans represent 20% of the USA population. Asians 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Except studies show that minorities, not counting asians, are super unrepresented in the IT industry. Scientific studies trump some random naysayer on the internet, professor.
    I have notined a TON of Indian people as of late. Aren’t Asians considered a minority?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So what's your point exactly... do we need race quotas or something?
    No we need none asshole quotas, for people that can't ever be content to not shit over everyone else actually applying any kind of decency in life. Seriously that would be the only kind of PURGE I would support.

Yeah, well when I actually see any sort of consistency coming from you or any others LIKE you, spouting the same thing, then I will still go on not really giving a shit. Mostly because from beginning to end. You really give no fucks about any values I care about or many others.
    Smh grow up kid. It's entirely possible for people to disagree on one thing and agree on another. It's also entirely possible for the various circumstances of a particular action to deviate a standard opinion. Case and point, you know nothing about me, you know nothing about what I actually believe and are being hyper aggressive "AGAIN" to everyone in this thread because you can't get over your own ego, you're literally jaylock level on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    Look at all these racists pointing at asians like they interchangeable with other minorities whenever it's convenient. African Americans represent 20% of the USA population. Asians 4%.
    No they don't blacks make up 13% of the population or 14% at best overall.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Blizzard have a corporate culture which is basically an object lesson in why black people are fucked when it comes to employment.

People, especially right-wingers, seem to have this idea that racism should be some kind of neo-nazi consciously rejecting black people from employment. They observe that employers are not like that and determine racism doesn't exist, and that black people are just lazy or something.

Here's what exactly happens and Blizzard are a perfect example: it is really cliquey. It is all about gaming the social hierarchy. As an outsider you don't stand a chance.
    I very much there is much or in fact any conscious racism going on, but the white nerds running Blizzard don't have any black friends so they aren't going to bring them in. Even if they did, a black guy would have difficulty not being seen as an outsider. To some extent black guys are just a part of a larger subset who aren't in Blizzard's little friendship club-I doubt there are many jocks in there either for example.

One thing that black people could do to ameloriate this situation is get their kids to make friends with the white nerd with the glasses. That would probably be more effective than going on a march or whatever.
    You know what would probably help more? Get their kids to go to college and get comp sci or other relevant degrees for tech.

I think you've pretty much got the whole thing backwards - social networks of the sorts that are relevant in the software world often form during college or early employment. Being in those circles requires an interest in them, an aptitude for them, and going to school for them. Do that and you'll people the people in the field. I didn't have scientist friends until I went to school for science.

There are good-ol-boys networks in some fields, but the idea that the software industry is afflicted with them is pretty contra to anything I've seen.

Deleted
    I see plenty of Asians and Hispanics in that crowd, but I suppose they don't count.

All I see in this picture is good. They look nerdy, casual wear nice kind of people to me They represent us nerds good...One could fear Blizzard would have more strict rules for cloths etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Smh grow up kid. It's entirely possible for people to disagree on one thing and agree on another. It's also entirely possible for the various circumstances of a particular action to deviate a standard opinion. Case and point, you know nothing about me, you know nothing about what I actually believe and are being hyper aggressive "AGAIN" to everyone in this thread because you can't get over your own ego you're literally jaylock level on this forum.
    Ok I will just read more material from guys who joke about rape being legal. As far as agreeing or disagreeing, I really couldn't care less, I am not under any delusion you are any different than most of the people complaining about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    They're hired probably because they're better at making games? I don't know about you, but I'd hire people because their qualification, not skin color. But that's probably because I know how the world works and how adult people should act when they have their own company. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, they would be just as full of shit as you were when you brought up diversity in the sports. See that is why what you say doesn't make any sense, and why you have a hard time understanding me or trying to.

This isn't all the fuck about you, or all about the people that feel for others to get evened out they don't want to give up anything, even when it isn't YOUR SHIT. I mean unless I am wrong and you actually fucking own any part of Blizzard
    I don't work for Blizzard, but I do work in software. My company has been criticized for being insufficiently diverse and it's irritating - we're basically representative of the general demographics of the university in this city. The diversity pitch is nothing but an obvious money-grab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I see plenty of Asians and Hispanics in that crowd, but I suppose they don't count.
    Only when you want them too right, I am sure you care a whole bunch about both those groups and their being represented fairly in society right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I grew up wanting to play cornerback in the NFL. A Google images search of NFL cornerbacks makes me feel like they're not very diverse though. Clearly the NFL has some sort of systemic anti-white bias and needs to start a diversity program for corners.
    About 68% of all players are black. Other races aren’t broken down too well other than white and Pacific Islander.
    http://www.profootballlogic.com/arti...l-census-2016/
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-10-14 at 12:28 PM.