Poll: Would you like Ships/Zeppelins to have and Extended travel before Loading screen?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New SHIPS to cross/travel Azeroth

Good eveing dear friends.

As of now we have Ships and Zeppelins to cross between Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms.

In The Current edition the Ships and Zeppelins don't Travel far before they disappear so as a low level player or as any player you see the Zeppeling or Ship Vanish in thin air.

In Vanilla the Zeppelins and Ships Traved at least dubble distance before they Disappeard, making it feel like they where out of sight before they Vanished.

Making it so that the Ships and Zeppelins traveld longer ingame before the loading screen pups up gives people time to speak and interact with each others and it give a good feeling on beeing on a ship with its crew.

Many of my friend would love to make the Ships and Zeppelin travel longer, it opens up a window for talking and chilling on the Ship.

PS: since we have a 1000 portals in our citys that can take us everywhere, how about making Zeppelin and Ships cooler extending there travel duration.

Dear Regards,
    Wolfrick
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2017-10-14 at 01:12 PM.

I don't see why it needs a loading screen at all really. You can load what you need during the travel time without swapping to a loading screen.

As long as the zeppelin ride is sped up a tad it'd work grand.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't see why it needs a loading screen at all really. You can load what you need during the travel time without swapping to a loading screen.

As long as the zeppelin ride is sped up a tad it'd work grand.
    It has a loading screen because Kalimdor and EK are on separate servers.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I think he is just Trolling ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It has loading screens because it's way faster.
    There's a zepp from Undercity to Grom'gol Base camp in Stranglethorn, and that's on the same server, but there's still a loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Good eveing dear friends.

As of now we have Ships and Zeppelins to cross between Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms.

In The Current edition the Ships and Zeppelins don't Travel far before they disappear so as a low level player or as any player you see the Zeppeling or Ship Vanish in thin air.

In Vanilla the Zeppelins and Ships Traved at least dubble distance before they Disappeard, making it feel like they where out of sight before they Vanished.

Making it so that the Ships and Zeppelins traveld longer ingame before the loading screen pups up gives people time to speak and interact with each others and it give a good feeling on beeing on a ship with its crew.

Many of my friend would love to make the Ships and Zeppelin travel longer, it opens up a window for talking and chilling on the Ship.

PS: since we have a 1000 portals in our citys that can take us everywhere, how about making Zeppelin and Ships cooler extending there travel duration.

Dear Regards,
    Wolfrick
    Why though?. Who uses these boats when there is portals and why would you want to talk to randoms in the middle of nowhere?

Making travel time take more time is annoying and adds nothing. No thanks.

Deleted
    Try taking the zeppelin between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff. That has no loading screen and travels the full distance. Maybe the first few times when you're totally new to the game it's cool, but from then on it's just a huge pain not only to wait for the whole trip to finish, but the wait for the zeppelin to arrive in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CatLover View Post
    Try taking the zeppelin between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff. That has no loading screen and travels the full distance. Maybe the first few times when you're totally new to the game it's cool, but from then on it's just a huge pain not only to wait for the whole trip to finish, but the wait for the zeppelin to arrive in the first place.
    I was just about to post this. Its awful now muiltiply the distance by 10 to get from kalimdor to easter kingdoms people would lose their shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    I was just about to post this. Its awful now muiltiply the distance by 10 to get from kalimdor to easter kingdoms people would lose their shit.
    wait a minute there.....you mean we interact with people in an MMO game? thats not what that means. what gives mane this isnt an fps?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time we all ask the hard question and wonder why the Dwarves haven't invented a Mole Machine v2 which functions like the Flight Master's Whistle on Azeroth.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's a zepp from Undercity to Grom'gol Base camp in Stranglethorn, and that's on the same server, but there's still a loading screen.
    Yes for Undercity and Grom'gal. No for Kalimdor and EK. They are not on the same server.

Have you never had several people in your guild go offline because they were on one continent that you weren't on? Because the server they were on crashed, but yours didn't. Computers would not be able to handle loading all of Azeroth with all the people at the same time, so the continents are on different servers. Same how Minecraft only loads a small amount of area around the player, because it's entire world IS on one server.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I think he is just Trolling ^^
    His not though. Kalimdor and EK are two completely seperate maps, so they need two servers. This is why silvermoon needs a load screen to eastern plaguelands, because silvermoon is actually on the same map as outland.

It's a technical problem. This is also the same thing with instances. I remember once upon a time a few blizzcon's ago blizzard were talking about introducing new tech that would actually phase you over into the new map without a load screen happening but I guess they never managed to work out how to do it, or make it feel like seamless experience.

Loading screens and a short travel time within the harbor are simply faster. It is less immersive, but it gets people to where they need to be much quicker so they can just go out and do what they want.

I remember in WotLK, Alliance-side, the boats went to Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. The Howling Fjord boat was such a long ride, because it had to go through a fjord and wind around in order to properly dock at the nearest town. This also meant that it took quite a while for the boats to get back to Menethil Harbor. It didn't feel productive to stand there with several others for what seemed like an eternity in order to have some fun in Northrend. Of course, as the expansion went on, more and more people just got ports to Dalaran from mages instead, and set their hearth in Dalaran as well.

If there were things to do or buy at each dock or in each ship/zepplin, sure. Wait times could be fun if there were some sort of minigame or fun dialogue to pass the time. But, the majority of players would be impatient regardless, and the most conversation that people had while waiting for boats were always along the lines of "Wow, this boat is taking forever to get here." The majority of players aren't as social as people think or hope.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I understand why it get faster but it remove the cool and interesting way of being on a ship with other players, the Zeppelin that goes from Undercity to Stranglethorn vale, would be amazing if it Traved the entire way, for low level players on the group they would go like "WOW, what is that in the air" and while you are on the Zeppelin you could talk to people, that trip on the zeppelin would be amazing with out a loading screen XD

THanks for the idea ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Just travel between Org and Thunder Bluff to your heart's content.

We don't know how far it is from the Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor, so what if it took 38 minutes (or pick an equally random time) to complete? If it was 2 minutes, then that may be cool the first time, but would be generating complaints after that.

Immersive things like a journey by zeppelin are fun for some, especially those inclined to RP.

But that's not why 99% of people get on the zeppelin. They get on them to get to their destination as soon as possible. To most, waiting on the zeppelin, and waiting for it to get them to where they want to go, is a nuisance.

I am a roleplayer, with a roleplay guild. And I love every scrap of immersion Blizz can give us, that doesn't undermine the gameplay experience for others. But I feel that changing this detail, will.

Yes for Undercity and Grom'gal. No for Kalimdor and EK. They are not on the same server.

Have you never had several people in your guild go offline because they were on one continent that you weren't on? Because the server they were on crashed, but yours didn't. Computers would not be able to handle loading all of Azeroth with all the people at the same time, so the continents are on different servers. Same how Minecraft only loads a small amount of area around the player, because it's entire world IS on one server.
    I actually sometimes wonder if that would no longer be the case with how much more powerful even common computers are to what existed years ago. WoW was designed not to just run on "ok" pcs for when it launched, it was designed for much older technology because it was meant to be the most accessible MMO on the market.

I wonder if now that would no longer need to be the case. Newer zones alone probably have more detail and polys than a quarter of existing old continents. But unless there was an actual benefit to spending the time stitching all of the outside worlds together, it would just be wasted money and time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    immersion in an rpg? get outta here!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLover View Post
    I have, and I love it, there is so much stuff to do on that Zeppelin, you see an amazing View there is a Troll who "Trolls" the entire journy and you can just sit around and enjoy the ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    His not though. Kalimdor and EK are two completely seperate maps, so they need two servers. This is why silvermoon needs a load screen to eastern plaguelands, because silvermoon is actually on the same map as outland.

It's a technical problem. This is also the same thing with instances. I remember once upon a time a few blizzcon's ago blizzard were talking about introducing new tech that would actually phase you over into the new map without a load screen happening but I guess they never managed to work out how to do it, or make it feel like seamless experience.
    thanks alot for reminding me about that Blizzcon, it would be amazing to not have a loading screen at all.

PS: I know why there are loading sceens, I just would love to make the Ships and Zeppelin travel a longer distance before they get "Teleported" to the other continent ^^