Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    There's none. By using WoW you waive those rights away within the breadth and the scope of Blizzard's intended scan. Now if you can prove that WoW looks for more data (and then Blizzard stores and uses those for their own profits) than those they asked you permission to check, we could discuss.
    You cannot waive such rights.

In the past Blizzard has tried to scan things outside of Wow's memory space, Such as files or running tasks, Once upon a time they would send this information back to blizzard servers to ban accounts, They quickly backed off once this became a legal issue for them.

You may have noticed a file shipped with Wow called "Scan.dll" inside your wow directory that is as far as Blizzard has been able to go with such a thing.

But you may notice when you try to load Wow with software like Cheat Engine open, Scan.dll will detect this but instead of flagging or banning your account (remember: legal issues), it simply refuses to run and gives you a message in the Wow client telling you to close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Yes, as I said. It doesn’t affect anyone else, unless you are a very sensitive person that simply feels the worlds revolves around them, and likes to make any non-issue an issue.
    You missed my last part then. Why should people be allowed to break the ToS to play and look whatever they want to? While the rest of the people who abide by the rules are stuck with any limitations Blizzard puts in? What makes those people who break the ToS feel like they are above the rules and shouldn't be punished for it? You say it doesn't affect anyone else, but it does in a different way than you are thinking. You know how many people would pay to race change, come back, etc if some classes were open to more races? It also removes the sense of reward in the game when you finally get that appearance you've been wanting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Probably using something else. I know people who've used it almost religiously (and I've used it quite liberally too) who haven't been banned.
    You should be though. You broke the rules after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And what the hell does a random poster on a forum site have to do with ingame bans?

At least stick to the topic at hand rather than derailing please.
    I knew you'd reply to my post since I added 1 word in it which wasn't related to it.
    Good to see you cherry pick 1 word from an entire context.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You should be though. You broke the rules after all.
    Probably. But no one's been banned for it. Blizzard doesn't care

Probably. But no one's been banned for it. Blizzard doesn't care
    They clearly do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They clearly do now.
    Still don't know anyone banned for it. Still calling bullshit on the guy being talked about earlier in this thread.

The reason people got banned for using the morpher in EWT is because it requires EWT, and Blizzard can't see what you're using it for, so bans them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    There's none. By using WoW you waive those rights away within the breadth and the scope of Blizzard's intended scan. Now if you can prove that WoW looks for more data (and then Blizzard stores and uses those for their own profits) than those they asked you permission to check, we could discuss.
    That's a pretty tall order since even the bot developers don't know when the accounts were flagged by their own admission, so the origin point of detection is a pretty big unknown. However, agreeing to a terms of service, end user license agreement or terms of access agreement can in no way waive your rights- depending on your home nation of course; but given the first point, even if they did- there would be little in the way of proof to show that they had, and even if you could get a case in a courtroom it's still the uphill battle of you vs. Blizzard Legal.

I think we're saying the same thing, just in different terms.

The reason people got banned for using the morpher in EWT is because it requires EWT, and Blizzard can't see what you're using it for, so bans them.
    The only degree of cheating in the eyes of Blizzard is- you're either not cheating or you are. If you are, you will (eventually) get banned.

I only used EWT for tmorph functionality is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If you want to bot or something like that, don't do it from your main account.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Still don't know anyone banned for it. Still calling bullshit on the guy being talked about earlier in this thread.

Well, we can only hope that they will get all players using these.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you play a game and have a need for cheating, maybe you should find an easier game?
    Or maybe Blizzard will think "if we don't make the rotations even simpler, some players will bot and we'll lose their $$$ when we ban them".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

i dont think it will fix anything to do with pvp, but at least the schaudenfreude is soothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we can only hope that they will get all players using these.
    Maybe. When that day comes I'll eat the ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    The only degree of cheating in the eyes of Blizzard is- you're either not cheating or you are. If you are, you will (eventually) get banned.

I only used EWT for tmorph functionality is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    True, and maybe someday tmorph users will get banned.

That said, Tmorph currently doesn't worth with 7.3 (due to new security put in place my blizzard), so people who were desperate went with the next best thing, EWT, which apparently wasn't as safe as they'd been lead to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Or maybe Blizzard will think "if we don't make the rotations even simpler, some players will bot and we'll lose their $$$ when we ban them".
    They've cut significant amount of abilities in last few expansion, if they cut more you would have 2 button specs.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They've cut significant amount of abilities in last few expansion, if they cut more you would have 2 button specs.
    Uh huh. The rotations at present are still complex enough that some people find botting is necessary, even with the risks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Uh huh. The rotations at present are still complex enough that some people find botting is necessary, even with the risks.
    No, botting is not necessary, its used by cheaters to juke their way. They got a well deserved ban.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No, botting is not necessary, its used by cheaters to juke their way. They got a well deserved ban.
    Some people find botting necessary. YOU may not think it is necessary, but they find it so. And it's what they think, and how they act based on that perception, that is relevant to the argument I was making.

They clearly do now.
    being banned for using EWT has nothing to do with how you were using EWT - someone using EWT only for model editing vs someone using EWT for a rotation bot is zero difference when they are getting banned for using EWT in the first place
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-14 at 03:05 PM.

Some people find botting necessary. YOU may not think it is necessary, but they find it so. And it's what they think, and how they act based on that perception, that is relevant to the argument I was making.
    They have the option to improve by practicing instead of cheating.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

They have the option to improve by practicing instead of cheating.
    You seem to be making the argument that "if people just behaved like I want them to behave, we wouldn't have a problem".

When you find yourself doing that, please stop. You are making useless noise.