Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Dat diversity meeting....man what a time to be alive. Surely there are no more fitting topics for gaming convention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Trans people are people - many serve in the military. You do know that the Orange Goblin rolled back specific protections for LGBT people just this week right?

It's a panel. It's a meet up. It's so people know they're not alone. It doesn't hurt anything. You're making a huge deal out of nothing.
    "Orange Goblin is a heavy metal band from London, United Kingdom primarily performing in the stoner metal genre" -wikipedia. Other than that I have no fucking idea what it is, you americunt. Somehow I still have this feeling that you are bullshitting. You leave something out or just outright lie.

Can you not see what you are doing? You are whining how they should have their hugfestival and how we need to talk about things yet you QQ when I voice my opinions. I guess you are one of those "every opining is important and matters and we should talk about thing as long as you agree with me" -persons. So I'll just answer you with your own words: My opinions don't hurt anyone. You're making a huge deal out of nothing.

Or perhaps I should've followed this advice
    Please don't respond to trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And there are no women or black skilled people ? That's what you mean ?

The recruitement bias is obvious even when not explicit. Doing something about it is a good things. At least better than burying their heads in the ground and keep telling themselves "herp derp we only hire the best one nothing to improve here".
    So you're saying Blizzard recruiters have purposefully not hired non-white/asian applicants? That's quite the statement considering you have zero idea about the ratio of applicant ethnicity or their recruitment process in general.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Always interesting how people get worked up about a "diversity" thing they don't have to go to. As if it existing would somehow threaten them.
    Clearly it's needed.
    You are 'murican so I get that it's hard to wrap your head around this but I'll try to help you. People are not worked up about diversity. There's nothing wrong with that. People are simply tired of this constants talk about diversity. Of course it doesn't help that you can't really discuss diversity (voice positive and negative things about it). It's just a giant circlejerk "LOOK HOW ACCEPTING AND DIVERSE WE ARE GIVE US GOOD PEOPLE POINTS WE ACCEPT EVERYONE BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE YOU ARE A NAZI IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING WE SAY AND DO HURRDURR". So... yeah.
    Last edited by mmocc0c81e3d4b; 2017-10-14 at 12:38 PM.

And they still can't balance the fucking game

Im sry to say to everyone but that picture on the front page of all the devs has been photo shopped!

Here is the original copy....;

I can't be the only one amused by how the term "triggered" first became a mocking term to describe "SJW", but nowadays seems to apply to a ton of anti-Social Justice Warriors, whenever a subject like Diversity is mentioned. Whenever anything related to equality pops up, you can expect a bunch of triggered crybabies to have a massive public freak-out.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Live the diversity and the photo. It's like a where's Waldo of spotting the black guy in a sea of white men.

ah the comments in here are great, but lol diversity meetings. are these supposed to make america not racist?

good luck with that.

While I ignore all the culture wars bullshit raging around me, let me say that the gnome race thingy was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Korhali View Post
    Unpopular opinion incoming! This diversity thing is just getting dumber and dumber. Diversity is important, but not in the way many people seem to think.

Skin color doesn't determine whether or not you're competent at game design. Sexual orientation doesn't determine whether or not you're competent at game design. Gender doesn't determine whether you're competent at game design. Religion doesn't determine whether or not you're competent at game design.

You want to know what does determine whether or not you're competent at game design? Three things: Education, Professional Experience, and Diversity of Thought. Ideas that differ from that of the collective, that may offer perspective that other people lack. The ability to look at a problem differently from others and propose solutions that are more efficient as a result. Diversity of Thought is not obtained through hiring all walks of life. It is obtained through the evaluation of individuals based on their merits, even going so far as to hire someone you disagree with if only to break up the GroupThink.

Skin color, sexual orientation, gender and religion doesn't necessarily mean you have that perspective. Being a black person in contemporary society doesn't offer you insight into game development, or any other technical skill for that matter. Being a gay dude doesn't either. Individual experience does. That is why you need to look at the individual merits of the person, and not just run down the diversity checklist. Anyone who thinks that being a minority offers any more perspective than individual accomplishments and experience has an agenda to further.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hide in my bunker to weather out the shitstorm I think I've caused.
    You failed to mention genetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post
    minorities have known this for a long time. tell that to the white people that dont, or go out of their way to devalue what people think/say just because they're a minority.
    The problem with your "opinion" is that "minorities" expect "whites" to value their input in a Western, i.e. "white" society. Regardless, this type of nonsense doesn't have a place at a gaming convention nor a gaming forum. Now, if you don't mind, I would prefer to see more speculation about the upcoming expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Im sry to say to everyone but that picture on the front page of all the devs has been photo shopped!

Always good to lighten the mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised, I honestly expected 0 women working on development. Seems like in most game companies, there are
    drastically few women (if any) on any development teams compared to men (obviously). There were actually quite a
    few women there.

Although not a single black person to be found. I guess that would explain the lack of black characters in Warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I can't be the only one amused by how the term "triggered" first became a mocking term to describe "SJW", but nowadays seems to apply to a ton of anti-Social Justice Warriors, whenever a subject like Diversity is mentioned. Whenever anything related to equality pops up, you can expect a bunch of triggered crybabies to have a massive public freak-out.
    irony. the lost art.
    "I think one of the problems that Lucas Blizzard has now, in the Lucas Film Blizzard empire, is the fact that he doesn’t they don't have more people around him them who really challenge him them."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Just to catch you up to 2017... You don't hire people for the sake of diversity in successful rich hi-tech companies, you hire people with the required skills and the most impressive portfolios.
    How does that relate at all what I said?

I'm not talking about hiring for diversity, I'm talking about getting more people interested in the field so that more people will pursue relevant education and build strong protfolios so that there's more competition and even more cream to rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    When did posting a comment on MMO-Champion equate to being triggered or commonly lead to a massive public freak-out?

Granted, the diversity meet-up seems silly to me. But my life will continue as it has been. Although, I would like to the ability to disagree with an event without the involvement of calling someone triggered from either side of the fence. It's just a cringe inducing word.

I like cheese.

Oh look, so many Mexicans!

White color is under attack...

Perhaps education is useful..somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post

Dats racist!!!

Today on an EU server found an US player, we asked, why do you play here? His answer: Did you see the us servers, cesspool, all of them. Politics, hate, spewing disgusting things. I'm paraphrasing, but cesspool was one of his point.

Not the first time I meet with hatred from there, when I get it in beta, there are always so dense people, it just hurts the experience, and sucks out any joy we have. In WoD beta, we were called eurotrash, just for existing, Asian and Russian players were mocked by them. It is so bad, many of us are trying to avoid talking on chat, or any interaction with US players. There are nice people amongst them, but majority... Never seen such spite from any fellow non-US members. There are bickering, but US level is a new record.

In Europe generally we see more diversity, not ideal on some fields ofc, but we don't live our life without seeing someone from a different nation, we have that everyday.

So when a word like "diversity" just appears, they are frigging triggered, holy moly. Of frigging course they will not hire an incompetent dude just for being Asian/Black/Blue/Purple, good gods you are so dense. But they try to have more cultures, more backgrounds, more diverse opinions because it is a frigging creative group, to come out with new ideas, to cater bigger audience than your basement. People play from all around the world, and it doesn't revolve around you. The more the merrier, more viewpoints more ideas to add. Gods forbid they want to unite they team even if they have their differences. Do you know about team building meetings? Or like colleagues going to a trip or a drink and the company pays for it? No? Yeah, we have that here. Same poop on that line.

Homogeneity is death of creativity, death of inspiration, death of freeing your mind, to look outside of your box and also: death of many nations.

Lore or game has many cultures in it, it is so diverse, without diversity it would be so bland. Those are coming from variety of cultures and people. Are you triggered by that too?

/rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody mentioned this whiny comment yet i can't be arsed to check them.

"WE LOST A RAID TIER COZ OF ALL THEM DOGS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfcap View Post
    snip

/rant
    A simple look at the answers here proves your point. I rolled a character in EU once and trade chat was used for.... wait for it.... TRADE! None of that TRUMP TRUMP MAGA MAGA bullshit we see all day long. People on these forums love to imagine problems with diversity and equality.