Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Marijuana is a dangerous substance and should be controlled.

Oh this thread is about sulphuric acid? That is fine to carry around.
    Don't you mean LSD

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Don't you mean LSD
    No I don't.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    No I don't.
    Acid is slang for LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    The missing 24 hours thing is a myth.
    It's not where i live.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    It's not where i live.
    The 24 hour thing, generally is 24 Hours if there are no special circumstances, but that is immediately dropped if you say the person was acting depressed might do something, the person is a minor, the person was making some threats to do something, etc. It is really only in place to keep someone from calling the cops if their spouse stopped at a bar on their way home, slept at a friends house after having a few drinks, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    If you don't have a valid reason, I'm fine with it.
    What reason would be valid?
    Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Or you know you could just not import such cultures in the first place instead of removing the freedom of everyone. You imported them you have to deal with their culture #Multiculturalismworks
    Why do you bother with such nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    What reason would be valid?
    Just curious.
    I'm sure people have valid reasons, chemistry project, disposing of a body, fuck if I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I'm sure people have valid reasons, chemistry project, disposing of a body, fuck if I know.
    Both very valid reasons.
    Just be careful next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, the stuff should have a legal limit on it anyways, like most other protected stuff. I mean in that if you purchase it, you should have to hand over forms of ID, and also provide some form of evidence of who you work for or such (construction companies and whatnot). The average joe really doesn't need any of the serious stuff for any reason that I can think of.
    Yeah,the only thing you can need for everyday life is very diluted stuff for like cleaning purpose and shit.if you don't work somewhere that actually requires acid you don't need strong acid (and usually it's provided and kept by the company anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Hydrochloric Acid is used in home swimming pools a lot and that is some extremely potent stuff.
    That's a legit reason to own it, not to carry it around :P. If it's not in the store shopping bag with a receipt stating you just bought it, I'm totally ok with penalties being assessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own a pool and take care of it myself. Pool care is expensive if you hire it done.
    My dad owns a pool. Seems like nows the right time to get a pool keeper license or whatever.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It’s not breaking bad. The acid attackers are using household cleaning products that are freely available for purchase.
    Nothing gets by you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why isnt it first time caught for penalty?

How many people have a VALID reason for carrying around acid with em in public?
    If u do have a valid reason for having, id assume it would be in a sealed container and u would be transporting it with a car,
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Hydrochloric Acid is used in home swimming pools a lot and that is some extremely potent stuff.
    And how do I drive my car with ACID in it around? Can I carry vinegar now too? What about salt water? All are acidic to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's a legit reason to own it, not to carry it around :P. If it's not in the store shopping bag with a receipt stating you just bought it, I'm totally ok with penalties being assessed.
    The guy I was replying to was saying how no one would need strong acids. I'm not exactly okay with the government creating a crime out of just owning or carrying an acid.

If a cop catches a guy carrying acid around he can question him and send him on his way after determining the person's reason for carrying the stuff, but jail time for carrying an acid (Even on a second or more offence) seems to be extreme overkill
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2017-10-15 at 12:34 AM.

Disagree:
    - Should be 6 years at minimum, not months.
    - Should be on the first catch without a valid reason.
    - Useless law if there isn't actually control and inspections.
    - You should be completely afraid of the consequences for going around with that stuff without a strong reason and strong proof.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2017-10-15 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

So how exactly do they plan to spot someone carrying acid? Granted if your waving a big bottle with a massive corrosive symbol on it's kind of obvious but anyone with the smallest amount of brains could easily hide acid in an unmarked container. Are we to believe they'll be random stop and searches with acidic test for all liquids the police find on you? For knives this approach work because a knife is obvious when seen acid is not obvious. Think it needs a severe rethink as this won't achieve much.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Or you know you could just not import such cultures in the first place instead of removing the freedom of everyone. You imported them you have to deal with their culture #Multiculturalismworks
    Import such cultures? You moron. I'm right leaning and even I can tell you that white kids have been usuing acid in robberies - not just those of middle-eastern origin using it in 'honour' attacks.

This law has been long needed as acid has not been classified as a weapon, ergo the greatest charge able to be brought against someone using it was GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm) as opposed to premeditated attack with a weapon.

With exception to companies and schools, there's no justification to have the stuff in great quantity but the primary reason for the law is to set a president of long prison sentencing for those who use this, previously laxly punished attack method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So how exactly do they plan to spot someone carrying acid? Granted if your waving a big bottle with a massive corrosive symbol on it's kind of obvious but anyone with the smallest amount of brains could easily hide acid in an unmarked container. Are we to believe they'll be random stop and searches with acidic test for all liquids the police find on you? For knives this approach work because a knife is obvious when seen acid is not obvious. Think it needs a severe rethink as this won't achieve much.
    It isn't about catching them carrying it. It's about being able to reclassify it as a weapon to deter it's use. It gets used in the UK as an alternative to a knife/crobar because it's not considered a weapon, ergo carries a dramatically lower minimum sentence for GBH opposed to assault with a weapon.

How would I prove that I carry it around for what ever I intend to do with it later? Do they want to see if I use them on a a fence, battery or something like that? Whacky ass law with little to no practicality. Certainly carring some into a pub or dance club might be immediate cause for concern, but proving it for normal shopping is kinda past the point ..

Edit: It's also kinda telling that chemistry is one of the most neglected subjects in schools these days, when the only use for acidic and base substances seems to be to do some honor-revenge-assault or disolving bodies mafia style in the mind of people. Well that and actually doing shit yourself without calling some professional to put a nail in the wall.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-10-15 at 05:07 AM.