Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's never to late to correct oversights.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just an oversight. Relevancy has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said anyone was experiencing problems or that it was an issue. It's just an oversight that could be corrected very, very easily.
    Why is it an oversight again. These acheivments were not in the game and that point and did not had to be. You are pretty much saying that it is an oversight, that people don't have Ahead of the Curve from back to Naxx....

Nobody is asking for this aside form you. Nobody is feeling a loss aside from you and it is not an oversight at all. The curve was not simply in the game at that point.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Why is it an oversight again. These acheivments were not in the game and that point and did not had to be. You are pretty much saying that it is an oversight, that people don't have Ahead of the Curve from back to Naxx....

Nobody is asking for this aside form you. Nobody is feeling a loss aside from you and it is not an oversight at all. The curve was not simply in the game at that point.
    It's an oversight because when AoTC/CE were added to the game there was two previous expansions with verifiable proof of the exact same thing. Blizzard has altered achievements for uniformity. This would be no different.

And I'm not feeling a loss. I just think it's a foregone conclusion that this should be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never to late to correct oversights.
    But, it isn't an oversight. Even if it was implemented, it would just be a feat of strength, and worth nothing. There is no reason to add them for old content as they can be obtained with closed eyes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But, it isn't an oversight. Even if it was implemented, it would just be a feat of strength, and worth nothing. There is no reason to add them for old content as they can be obtained with closed eyes.
    Sure it is. The only way to obtain these would be if you killed it within the time frames of Wrath and Cata. No one could obtain it other than those veterans, so not sure what you're on about with "as they can be obtained with closed eyes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. The only way to obtain these would be if you killed it within the time frames of Wrath and Cata. No one could obtain it other than those veterans, so not sure what you're on about with "as they can be obtained with closed eyes."
    Aha, so, you didn't include that it was just to display progress of the Lich King fights for people who didn't it then. Even so, it wouldn't be needed. Would be air. Wouldn't matter when people did it now. And if you are pondering, look at the date on their kill, that is the date that is the closest for them to track back on.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-10-14 at 06:35 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Aha, so, you didn't include that it was just to display progress of the Lich King fights for people who didn't it then. Even so, it wouldn't be needed. Would be air. Wouldn't matter when people did it now. And if you are pondering, look at the date on their kill, that is the date that is the closest for them to track back on.
    I can't understand what you're saying, sorry. The ONLY people who would receive this achievement update would be the ones who raided during Wrath and Cata whom completed those raids within the specific time frames. Since there's verifiable proof, this is a very easy achievement update to fix this oversight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand what you're saying, sorry. The ONLY people who would receive this achievement update would be the ones who raided during Wrath and Cata whom completed those raids within the specific time frames. Since there's verifiable proof, this is a very easy achievement update to fix this oversight.
    But it doesn't matter, has no value and wasn't really an oversight. It is basically fluff you want so it is easier to identify people, right? There is no reason to go back and create an achievement for even older progression status.

But it doesn't matter to me, has no value to me and I think it wasn't really an oversight. It is basically fluff you want so it is easier to identify people, right? There is no reason to go back and create an achievement for even older progression status.
    Fixed that for ya. I think it's an incredibly easy fix for a slight oversight. There's been quite a few uniformity achievement alterations. This would just be another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for ya. I think it's an incredibly easy fix for a slight oversight. There's been quite a few uniformity achievement alterations. This would just be another one.
    No, I don't think it wasn't an oversight, I know it wasn't - the 'curve' achievements hadn't even been thought of. You 'THINK' the new feature should include old content. There, 'fixed it' for you. For it to be right, one has to say, "I think it was an oversight of the new feature not to include old content", then it fits better.

And for a person who is one of those 'veterans', I don't give a damn and really, wouldn't have a purpose anyways. At least with newer content it has a position, if you do it back track, it doesn't even have much glory to it.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-10-14 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Auto-correct changed a word, had to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    While achievements started at the end of BC we did not get the first Ahead of the Curve achievement until MoP. Cutting Edge started with WoD and Mythic raids.
    Technically, while TBC didn't have achievements early on, it did have unobtainable titles; if you have one, it's the 'ahead of the curve' achievement in a sense, although it was for the entire expansion and not for that individual tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, I could say, I don't think it the old content should be included in the new feature.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I might be going too deep in details for this discussion.

No, I don't think it wasn't an oversight, I know it wasn't - the 'curve' achievements hadn't even been thought of. You 'THINK' the new feature should conclude old content. There, 'fixed it' for you.

And for a person who is one of those 'veterans', I don't give a damn and really, wouldn't have a purpose anyways. At least with newer content it has a position, if you do it back track, it doesn't even have much glory to it.
    It's clearly an oversight. It wouldn't be the first time achievements were created after the fact for previous eras either. Tack on the fact that there's verifiable proof, and this is a very obvious thing to do.

And I'm also one of those "veterans", and I care and think it does have a purpose. Funny how that works, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's clearly an oversight. It wouldn't be the first time achievements were created after the fact for previous eras either. Tack on the fact that there's verifiable proof, and this is a very obvious thing to do.

And I'm also one of those "veterans", and I care and think it does have a purpose. Funny how that works, huh?
    What purpose does it have other than nostalgia rights?

And no, wouldn't be the first time,

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Technically, while TBC didn't have achievements early on, it did have unobtainable titles; if you have one, it's the 'ahead of the curve' achievement in a sense, although it was for the entire expansion and not for that individual tier.
    Great point. The only omissions to the AoTC/CE type achievements are Classic (virtually no verifiable ways to prove any kills), and Wrath/Cata (who have verifiable proof).

- - - Updated - - -

What purpose does it have other than nostalgia rights?

And no, wouldn't be the first time,
    As I said, achievement uniformity. They've shored up how achievements are listed many times (taking ones out, putting ones in, combining others), so this would just be another one of those alterations, since there's verifiable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Not so much of an oversight as it 'it is what it is' attitude by Blizz, and I understand their logic. I have server first HLK 25 achieve so I consider that my "ahead of the curve" wrath achieve, otherwise I couldn't really care less to be honest. How good you were 7 years ago will probably not translate well into how good you are now in its own.
    I've never heard this topic be brought up to them, so I can't say that's what their attitude is or that their logic dictates that this shouldn't happen. Do you have something to point to what you're saying?

And your server first HLK 25 is obviously verifiable proof, but what about the other guilds/players on your server that killed HLK 25 within that time frame as well, but don't have a server first achievement as you do?

And this isn't about proving anything to today's standards. It's about achievement uniformity.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, achievement uniformity. They've shored up how achievements are listed many times (taking ones out, putting ones in, combining others), so this would just be another one of those alterations, since there's verifiable proof.
    But, there is verifiable proof that you done it. Just because there is proof that can be verified to have been done in old content before X nerf, doesn't mean it suddenly deserves an achievement from a feature that was added in quite later. Still doesn't give it much purpose either, other than self-validation among players (aka. bragging rights of how you were X amount of years ago but not today).

But, there is verifiable proof that you done it. Just because there is proof that can be verified to have been done in old content before X nerf, doesn't mean it suddenly deserves an achievement from a feature that was added in quite later. Still doesn't give it much purpose either, other than self-validation among players (aka. bragging rights of how you were X amount of years ago but not today).
    Achievement uniformity. The proof is listed in a different format than the rest of the AoTC/CE achievements. This change would shore that up so that the AoTC/CE goes back to the beginning of date-stamped achievements, and not just arbitrarily starts when they created them.

Too much work for something that doesn't matter. Honestly, I'm surprised you wouldn't have just gone all the way back for Vanilla.
    Before anyone cries out "Its EASY!" Keep in mind, devs/programmers would have to go thru all the accounts to find out who killed it first per server (some of which have been deleted/merged since then), award them per account flagged for that day/time, decide if they want to award titles for it, THEN the programmers have to go and implement it.
    Lot of work for something that's 4+ years old and 2-4 xpacs ago

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I assume when they first implemented the system of AOTC they asked themselved if they wanted to retro-act it, but decided against it. A fair assumption, but otherwise no I have never heard of anybody bringing it up in the what, 4 years its been active? The point to what I'm saying is:

What does it matter?
    Seeing as how many little things slip through the cracks when adding new achievements, I can't make that same assumption. It matters because Blizzard cares about achievement uniformity. If they didn't, they wouldn't have made any alterations to achievements over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    irrelevant imo. I would trade those feat of strength for more mythic only mount dropping on the last boss, before it becomes rare next tier