Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One has to wonder why he was denied bail.
    Me thinks this wasn’t his only run in with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Should I cower in fear at the next Communist Party USA meeting? Is that a serious threat to society? What about a meeting of flat earthers? Or anti-abortion religious zealots?
    Well the difference between any of them and a KKK rally is that the KKK is, generally, promoting actual racial hatred and inciting violence.

In this particular case, I believe (based on early reports at least) that the Grand Wizard was starting shit with a black dude and some old guy, so the black guy pulled out his "flamethrower" and then the KKK guy fired some warning shots.

Everyone involved was pretty stupid, but the KKK guy is a bit more in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    This to. It's likely he may have a history of gun crime, or crime in general.

- - - Updated - - -

This to. It's likely he may have a history of gun crime, or crime in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It is a conflict of ideas. If one side comes out and has a rally saying white folks are oppressed and being violently silenced, and no one else shows up, then they sort of stand around for a while and leave. Sure, they got some press, but certainly nothing compared to the times when they've been protested. And in the end, it didn't help their cause. They just looked like losers.

By contrast, when 20,000 people come out to suppress the opinions of a few hundred, when that message is "people are trying to suppress us", you've given them weight. Now a bunch of folks that never would have agreed with them see their point. You've made them more important than they were, now they're the Resistance.

I don't care about confederate monuments. I do know folks that see "southern culture" and consider the confederate flag and these monuments to be a part of that without seeing it as glorifying the actual civil war and slavery. It is not about war, it is about northerners not understanding sweet tea and fried chicken and calling everyone in the South rednecks/ hicks. They don't care about most of the monuments, except when they see northern liberals coming to take them down because once again they don't understand southern culture. Instead of trying to understand and reconcile peacefully with these people, they get labeled racists and told how horrible they are. If they try to explain things, they get told they're nazis.

That's the entire point of Trump's "good people on both sides" stuff. There are people that weren't there to hate on black people, but to protest outsiders trying to destroy part of their culture. There were also folks there to hate on black people. That doesn't mean it was some monolithic group. The "us vs them" rhetoric is dividing the country while complaining about divisive politics like it's just the other guy doing it.

Seriously, some of the Charlottesville KKK guys had freaking wooden shields, they looked like bad LARPers. Giving them credibility and acting like they are somehow in a position of power is just silly.
    The lack of size might've been because of how poorly received the last protest was and the fact people lost jobs and opportunities over it. Some of the supporters of that ideology try to bomb apartment buildings and have made calls for ethic cleanings. I am just as critical of black lives matter when they call for the same shit. Those people should have protested with a separate group why would you demonstrate along with white supremacist... I would dissociated with any racial supremacist group because none of it really matter at all in the end.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-10-14 at 07:32 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    But it was in self defense against a guy with a flamethrower! /s

Only in the world of fake news can you make that claim, really if it is so dangerous for you just leave the area and you have nothing to worry about, if anything it is the people he is shooting towards that have grounds of self defense since really we already know these nazis have killed before and they gladly say they will kill again in the name of the white race etc etc racist fascist nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Only in the world of fake news can you make that claim, really if it is so dangerous for you just leave the area and you have nothing to worry about, if anything it is the people he is shooting towards that have grounds of self defense since really we already know these nazis have killed before and they gladly say they will kill again in the name of the white race etc etc racist fascist nonsense
    Did you miss the /s?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I know right? I guess all those people throwing firebombs during the Civil Rights era weren't doing anything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

So then why did you try to say it wasn't dangerous?
    Once again, that's not what I said. I said it wasn't significantly dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin mages... always bitchin about nerfs...
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Fear of that he will interfere with the investigation and or threating and or harrass victims of his crime to make witness withdraw testimony etc etc, this is why Bail is denied

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Ever heard the expression “if you fly with the crows you get shot with the crows”? I doubt there were any moderates amongst the Unite the Right extremists, but if there were they will be labled alongside the extremists they stand with.
    Just like all leftists that share a space with ANTIFA makes them part of a terrorist group, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Just like all leftists that share a space with ANTIFA makes them part of a terrorist group, right?
    Well, if you are standing around with Antifa, and they start chanting a bunch of racist shit for hours on end, and you don't kindly excuse yourself, then... yes, that's what it is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, if you are standing around with Antifa, and they start chanting a bunch of racist shit for hours on end, and you don't kindly excuse yourself, then... yes, that's what it is like.
    Sorry, not sorry. Still doesn't make someone part of a group.

I know you guys really want it to work like that, but reality isn't that black and white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    He's defending the racist by trying to argue he was using self defense/clearly aimed away from people. what the fuck are you talking about?
    SO defending a right person for any reason makes you someone who defends racist people?
    WTactualF are you talking about?
    Get your shit right.
    You are one of those who thinks that disagreeing with a act regarding a racist makes you a racistdefender.
    He is not defending racism , he is defending the act caused by a racist.
    2 hugely different things.
    SO again get your shit right before you call people racism defenders will you!!
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-10-14 at 08:38 PM.

Sorry, not sorry. Still doesn't make someone part of a group.

I know you guys really want it to work like that, but reality isn't that black and white.
    Once again, if you choose to be around people shouting racist shit for hours on end, don't be surprised when people associate you with that group. Let's not forget, they were doing it the night before, as well, so it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone who was there.

Sorry, not sorry... but that is how the world works.

At some point, when a normal person heard the constant racist chatter coming from the people around him, he had a choice. He could stay with the racist fuckttards, or he could leave. If he chooses to stay with the racist fucktards, their racism and anti-Semitism are clearly not a deal breaker. Now, he can try and claim he's not racist all he wants, but there's evidence to show that he's comfortable with overt racism around him.

Once again, if you choose to be around people shouting racist shit for hours on end, don't be surprised when people associate you with that group. Let's not forget, they were doing it the night before, as well, so it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone who was there.

Sorry, not sorry... but that is how the world works.

At some point, when a normal person heard the constant racist chatter coming from the people around him, he had a choice. He could stay with the racist fuckttards, or he could leave. If he chooses to stay with the racist fucktards, their racism and anti-Semitism are clearly not a deal breaker. Now, he can try and claim he's not racist all he wants, but there's evidence to show that he's comfortable with overt racism around him.
    I'm sure you'll make the same argument next time a protest goes sour due to ANTIFA.

I'm sure you'll make the same argument next time a protest goes sour due to ANTIFA.
    Well, it's a good thing I don't support Antifa and their support of political violence.

Well, it's a good thing I don't support Antifa and their support of political violence.
    Still, if any Left-leaning person feels at ease to be in the same side as someone covering their face, completely dressed in black... and decides to stay there... y'know. Maybe we can start calling those Anti-Trump protests, that had ANTIFA clearly present, to be simply Terrorist marches, as well?

Still, if any Left-leaning person feels at ease to be in the same side as someone covering their face, completely dressed in black... and decides to stay there... y'know. Maybe we can start calling those Anti-Trump protests, that had ANTIFA clearly present, to be simply Terrorist marches, as well?
    Ohh, look at you try and move those goalposts.

If I'm around anyone, and they start spouting shit I don't like, I either tell them to shut up, or I leave. It's that simple. If you want to call any march with Antifa a terrorist march, I'm fine with that. I'm also fine calling white nationalist marches Nazi marches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    KKK D&D Wizard ?
    Nah, FATAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Have we reached the point where law enforcement is just going with 'let them kill each other off' approach?

You cannot convince me that none of those cops heard that discharge, yet not one of them even appeared to blink.
    No, you're at the point where your law enforcement is protecting their buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What wizard uses firearms? Sounds like a phony.
    Harry Dresden.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I mean yeah, there's that, but I mean it more from the perspective of complete lack of clarity between various ranks. Is imperial wizards higher or lower than grand wizard? How do they compare to dragons, because I think they have some named like that too. So on and so forth. Though in regards to imperial wizard specifically, what empire is it even referring to?
    This is what I could find:

Empire – constituting the whole area of the Klans activities. This was led by the Grand Wizard and his staff of ten Genii, as well as a Grand Exchequer (treasurer) and Grand Scribe, whose duty was to keep lists of the subordinate officers. The Genii, Imperial Exchequer and Scribe were appointed by the Imperial wizard
    Realms – while the role of Realms was laid out in the first prescript they were only identified as states in the second. Realms were ruled by a Grand Dragon assisted by eight Hydras, as well as a Grand Exchequer and Grand Scribe, whose duties were identical to the above officers on the imperial level. All officers were appointed by the Grand Dragon.
    Dominions – identified in the second prescript as "coterminous with such counties as the Grand Dragons of the several Realms shall assign" and "not to exceed three in number for each Congressional district".The Dominion was headed by a Great Titan assisted by six Furies, a Great Exchequer and a Great Scribe, appointed by the Great Titan.
    Provinces – the second prescript identified the Provinces as equivalent to a county. It was supervised by a Grand Giant, assisted by four Goblins, a Grand Exchequer and a Grand Scribe, appointed by the Grand Giant.
    In the first prescript each officer is given the power to appoint Deputies to organize Realms, Dominions, Provinces and Dens until the latter can elect their own officers. The Grand Wizard was to be elected by a majority of Grand Dragons, and each lower level was elected by a majority of the next lower level of officers (Dragons elected by Titans, Titans by Giants etc.), as soon as three units had been formed at each level (three Dominions within a Realm for Grand Dragon, three Provinces within a Dominion for Grand Titan etc.). In the second prescript each officer appoints the lower officer with the approval of his superior.

Dens
    The Dens were the basic level of organization for the Reconstruction Klan. In the original prescript, its chief officer was the Grand Cyclops, who appointed two Nighthawks, a Grand Turk, a Grand Sentinel and a Grand Ensign in addition to his Grand Scribe. The Grand Cyclops, Grand Exchequer, Grand Magi (second officer) and Grand Monk (third officer) were elected by the body politic of the dens, identified as Ghouls In the second prescript the Grand Ensign is dispensed with, while the Grand Exchequer was appointed by the Grand Cyclops, who was now appointed by the Grand Giant. Only the Grand Magi and Grand Monk were elected by the Ghouls.

The exact function of these officers and meaning of the titles varied. The two Nighthawks have been identified as couriers. The Grand Sentinel was in charge of the "Grand Guard", an organization which is not otherwise elaborated upon in the prescripts, but apparently served as the Den's security detail. The Grand Turk was the den's "executive officer" and was charged with informing Klansmen of "all informal or irregular meetings" and helping the Grand Cyclops maintain the "control and government" of the Den. The Grand Ensigns job was to take care of the Klan's flag.

Ohh, look at you try and move those goalposts.

If I'm around anyone, and they start spouting shit I don't like, I either tell them to shut up, or I leave. It's that simple. If you want to call any march with Antifa a terrorist march, I'm fine with that. I'm also fine calling white nationalist marches Nazi marches.
    Moving goalposts? Maybe try reading what I've been typing, haven't changed a thing.

The original argument that I was replying to was that there was no good people on that side of the protest. I said that being on that side automatically didn't make you a bad person.

Now, if I'm wrong - anyone, regardless of motives or affiliations, that stands on the Left side of those marches and protests, automatically makes them a bad person as well, since ANTIFA are there. That doesn't sound very fair, doesn't it?