Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I consider them, but I don't care because I'd rather save my gold. Plus i make more money when the wow tokens are this high. A win win for me.
    Oh, a capitalist.. I think it is called, right?

The thing is, this is an MMO, there is more than you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Of course. Program the bot to do dps for you, you just only have to move the toon and use some protection/soaking etc ability. Very popular in the mythic scene.
    Fascinating.

I have to admit, back in DAoC, I had a macro-device (Nostromo N52) to twist chants on my Paladin, but that was more the result of laziness than anything else - it was perfectly easy to do by hand, but to keep pressing 789 every few seconds for potentially hours on end was... somewhat tedious.

Kind of takes the fun out of it doing it as a raider for DPS, but I suppose the path is to is that people feel like they can't compete, but don't want to drop out, so seek a machine to do the job for them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I got banned for botting almost six months ago.

I have never botted.

I imagine that is what is most people say who get caught, however in my case I've done pretty much everything that violates the t&c's except botting and often made videos about it, I've never attempted to hide it. So maybe my denial carries more credibility.

What actually happened: a GM appeared in a bg one time. He vanished after a couple of seconds but I saw him very clearly. Had I actually been botting I would have stopped at that point because it was fairly obvious I was being watched.

Then, a few weeks later, I began to get randomly teleported around in a twin peaks bg. I think the gm was trying to see if I was a bot by running me into a wall. Subsequently I got banned specifically for botting. It seemed the GM was looking for evidence to support his hypothesis, didn't find out, and banned me out of pure spite or something. Botting was the stated reason they offered when pressed.

I wasn't too bothered, I'd been expecting a ban for years because of the other exploits I do which I generally publish. I only published exploits in the first place as a means to get banned, a kind of self-exclusion measure.

However, what surprised me was:

a) Blizzard were using manual verification to identify bots which is incredibly inefficient.
    b) Blizzard really, really suck at bot identification and would be fooled really easily by comparatively unsophisticated software.
    c) They will have tons of false positives, probably in the tens, maybe hundreds of thousands despite lengthy manual verification procedures.

Bear this in mind if you are one of those people that loves gloating over these banwaves. They are going to hit the wrong people, and almost certainly will be surfed easily by sophisticated botters.
    You were obviously targetted for inspection because of your status in the exploit community and the publication of those exploits. Possibly because of reports in BG's if you exploited stuff in them. The GM's probably take those measures against much reported bots and your ban has nothing to do with the general banwaves.
    /spit@Blizzard

Iv been using tmorph for 5 years and didnt get banned get shrekt blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Okay we get it. You don't care. The problem is with you failing to understand why others would care about this.
    This game has always has botters and it's been chugging along just fine. You guys take it too seriously. I had to fight against a speed hacker warping across the map in a low level wsg once and i thought it was funny as hell. We still won, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You were obviously targetted for inspection because of your status in the exploit community and the publication of those exploits. Possibly because of reports in BG's if you exploited stuff in them. The GM's probably take those measures against much reported bots and your ban has nothing to do with the general banwaves.
    It wasn't part of a banwave no, you are correct.

I did think it was very ironic they banned me for the one t&c violation I haven't done

- - - Updated - - -

And some people, like me, enjoy playing the AH and don't find it as fun when prices on things start to crash. Why should a cheating fuck get some extra advantage and ruin the market by posting up auctions of things they didn't earn?

It sure is fun when token prices go up because cheating fucks buy them right? I love paying more gold for bnet balance! Thanks botters!

And then consider the casual player, who used to go out and farm herbs and ore to sell. What happens to that player when the prices on items aren't worth the effort to farm? They stop farming or even stop playing. Botters have a ripple effect on the game. All you care about is cheap materials but you don't bother to consider how the rest of the players might feel about them.
    I'm not really a big fan of bots, but that cuts both ways. If you can't afford ah items it is easy to get discouraged-bots bring those prices down.

This is very similar to immigration in RL: middle-class people love immigrants because they cut the price of their weekly shop, working-class people hate them because they drive down the wages of unskilled labour. Both factions tend not to admit how self-interested they are.

Hey there, 10years veteran player here with zero ''abuse history'' in those years, got in banwave, didn't do shit. i have massive data of everything i do ( screenshots, etc.. )

I am a free helper/advicer ( because of my enormous timeplay 1760+/days /played ) for every news/old players returning because of my knowledge ( like all veterans ofc )

One GM said he has data from me doing the ''tierce program'' but do not want to say me when or what, but this is absolutely impossible as i report and screen everything stupid or strange i see in game, like bots and crap.

I'll be glad to have any help if anyone knows anything or know ppl in the same case.

I am for those ban waves ofc, i enjoy see them each time, but i think there is some real false-positive here.

Take care everyone.

PS: can't post screenshots for proof yet, cause 1st post obviously

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of bots, but that cuts both ways. If you can't afford ah items it is easy to get discouraged-bots bring those prices down.

This is very similar to immigration in RL: middle-class people love immigrants because they cut the price of their weekly shop, working-class people hate them because they drive down the wages of unskilled labour. Both factions tend not to admit how self-interested they are.
    I have plenty of gold and have been making plenty since Vanilla. My point is it is easy to get discouraged when you see bots slam a ton of materials up for cheap which causes prices to crash in other markets as well. For example ore botters slamming up tons of ore hits uncut gems, cut gems, crafted rings, crafted helms and so on. I have no problem with legit earned items hitting the market but when you have botters just slamming up as much as they can to make as much gold as they can in a short window it really sucks. I'm glad for any and all ban waves that slow these cheaters down a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Parkx View Post
    Hey there, 10years veteran player here with zero ''abuse history'' in those years, got in banwave, didn't do shit. i have massive data of everything i do ( screenshots, etc.. )

I am a free helper/advicer ( because of my enormous timeplay 1760+/days /played ) for every news/old players returning because of my knowledge ( like all veterans ofc )y
    You being a 10 year veteran with 1760 days plays means jack shit. If you used cheating programs you took a ban. If you didn't use them then open a ticket. Nothing else can be done about it.

Deleted
    And some people, like me, enjoy playing the AH and don't find it as fun when prices on things start to crash. Why should a cheating fuck get some extra advantage and ruin the market by posting up auctions of things they didn't earn?
    He doesn't ruin the market, he fixes it. You're the one who's ruining it.

Deleted
    Saw announcement threads on US and EU forums.

On US forums people are cheering and thanking Blizzard.

On EU forums people are saying that more action is needed and bots are already back (putting it politely). Very few cheerful posts, lots of posts demanding more action.

Question to US players: is Blizzard really getting rid of bots over there? In EU after reporting any bot it takes months until that bot disappears. So I'm wondering if GMs in US are better at their job than GMs in EU (or simply doing their job unlike EU colleagues)?

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    He doesn't ruin the market, he fixes it. You're the one who's ruining it.
    That's funny. I didn't know you were on my server and know what my character is and what markets I post in. I don't think you have ANY fucking idea what I do in my market. I refuse to take prices over certain levels because I don't believe in ripping off my server. I am not someone who is going to buy up everything cheap and repost it to 10X the price like I've seen happen on other realms. So please, don't assume anything like that because you just look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Some raiding guilds permit botting because the bots bring in materials for flasks and food.
    While I knew some people banned for botting, I've never seen a guild openly approve / encourage people to bot. It's either rare, or not the type of guilds I played in. Most guilds I've been in handled consumables in one of the 2 ways:
    1. It's all on you, the raider, to supply yourself.
    2. Guild takes BOEs, sells boosts, raid drop mounts etc. and uses that gold to fund consumables for the raid team.

You being a 10 year veteran with 1760 days plays means jack shit. If you used cheating programs you took a ban. If you didn't use them then open a ticket. Nothing else can be done about it.
    Yes, your are 100% right, but considering 10years of nothing may be better than 2 years of nothing.

Already opened some tickets, but didn't found a conscientious GM yet. still waiting sending proofs again and again.

But the thing is, i would like to know what crap make honest ppl stuck in banwave and how can i be sure it wont happen again, with any other blizzard licensed game ?

I have friends who told me, than some GM's just don't care/bother look into it or just lied, and other do everything they can to help ( for any request type ) so here come the ''you have to find the right one'' how is this even possible ?

Yes, your are 100% right, but considering 10years of nothing may be better than 2 years of nothing.

Already opened some tickets, but didn't found a conscientious GM yet. still waiting sending proofs again and again.

But the thing is, i would like to know what crap make honest ppl stuck in banwave and how can i be sure it wont happen again, with any other blizzard licensed game ?

I have friends who told me, than some GM's just don't care/bother look into it or just lied, and other do everything they can to help ( for any request type ) so here come the ''you have to find the right one'' how is this even possible ?
    Have you tried not using software that is against the ToS?

If you were banned in this wave something on your pc tripped Warden, false positives are EXTREMELY unlikely in this.
    Wrongful suspensions sadly happen when its manual bans for strange mail/AH use. Not for automated bans based off Warden.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Have you tried not being a cheater? That might help.

I am glad that this happened, since I think that this is what SHOULD happen, since cheating is just really uncool in my opinion.

Honestly though lol, I don't fear bots......I really don't anymore.....

What I would like to see happen far more, is for PVP TO BE BALANCED, and for rated and non rated PvP to be merged, since it just isn't working like this OK.

PvP in general is SUCH A MESS right now, and another banwave isn't going to do that much to help with that imo.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I wonder what is the "good" way of using cheats in MMORPG
    good was probably the wrong word if I wanted to avoid triggering people I guess - completely 100% harmless would be more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Have you tried not using software that is against the ToS?

If you were banned in this wave something on your pc tripped Warden, false positives are EXTREMELY unlikely in this.
    Wrongful suspensions sadly happen when its manual bans for strange mail/AH use. Not for automated bans based off Warden.
    Sad thing is that some people actually don't believe what they are doing is wrong because they paid for the tools to use. Thinking somehow if they paid money for a service, then they can use it "legally". Also, I think the bot creators tell people to open up tickets to Blizzard, saying that they were falsely banned. I guess that's to take the pressure and fault off of them for providing an illegal service anyway.

All that said, these ban waves make me smile just to see all the excuses pile in about being banned "unfairly".

Deleted

if you are legit innocent a higher level support agent can usually find that out. just make sure you are using the correct procedures (a regular ticket might not be it). getting them on the phone usually also helps due to human nature etc.

some ways you can get wrongly detected are:
    -you share your PC with a botter
    -you share your account with a botter
    -you share your internet/IP address with a botter (or in rare cases your ISP changed your IP)
    -you use programs that hook into the wow client somehow, e.g. streaming/recording software, overlays, etc, particularly uncommon ones.
    -you use a VPN
    -you download a bot program for a school project or w/e.
    -etc

most of those won't be enough to convince blizz to overturn a ban unless you have a good reason.

the people who got banned should have a lifetime debuff that simply says "shame" as the debuff so all can see. once their suspension runs out