Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It isn't an oversight there is no reason to add this. For the few this matters to you can check dates of achievements if you want. Not sure why you think it was/is an oversight to not give an achievement to things when that achievement didn't exist. You are really reaching for problems if you have gotten to this as something that needs a fix or even a minute of time from developers.
    I believe it is an oversight. Beyond that, it's a uniformity issue in the way that the achievements are displayed. Blizzard has proven historically that they care about how their achievements are displayed, so I'm appealing to that fact. And I'm not reaching for anything. This is entirely insignificant compared to the real problems WoW has, but since I've never seen this question posed, I felt it was worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It'd be no different from any other retroactive achievement check, though, no? Sure it's work, but it's not investigative work or some huge time investment that some are claiming. The achievement dates are all you need to dole out the achievements properly. There's achievement dates for both 10/25 so it'd just be for killing the final boss. Anything extra (0-4 lights, etc.) would stay the way they currently are. Just the way I see it going down.
    The only retroactive achievements they gave was when achievements were 1st added. Beyond that they and almost everybody else doesn't give a crap about old achievements for old content. Since cutting edge or ahead of the curve wasn't a thing when they added those they aren't going to go back to add them. It is too much work for a nonsense non issue. They aren't going to spend any time deciding what patch may or may not have qualified as ending the time window for these achievements. There is no upside for Blizzard here. It is a waste of time and whatever small amount of people like yourself that might want this to be done somebody would stand as your mirror for the counter point that they would have done it in 25 many or whatever content for the achievement if it was being added.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

they gave you mounts and titles for being leet

I believe it is an oversight. Beyond that, it's a uniformity issue in the way that the achievements are displayed. Blizzard has proven historically that they care about how their achievements are displayed, so I'm appealing to that fact. And I'm not reaching for anything. This is entirely insignificant compared to the real problems WoW has, but since I've never seen this question posed, I felt it was worth talking about.
    It can't be an oversight it wasn't even a feature. It isn't like they forgot to do it or chose not to when they had previously. If ToS didn't have it, but following raids did that would be an oversight. The reason nobody has posed the question as you put it, there is no reason to it is a silly thing to waste time on. Achievements already are time stamped if you can't do the math to figure out if a date is before or after some arbitrary cut off that is on you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It can't be an oversight it wasn't even a feature. It isn't like they forgot to do it or chose not to when they had previously. If ToS didn't have it, but following raids did that would be an oversight. The reason nobody has posed the question as you put it, there is no reason to it is a silly thing to waste time on. Achievements already are time stamped if you can't do the math to figure out if a date is before or after some arbitrary cut off that is on you.
    It's an oversight because when they were created, they didn't go back and award the Wrath/Cata ones retroactively. You're entitled to your opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    IMO it is mostly irrelevant at this point.

What? Add this just to enhance the bragging experience?
    "Hey bro, I killed Madness when it was current!"
    "Sure"
    "Seriously, look at this achieve, I was a professional!"
    "Nice"
    That would be a complete waste of time and the result as described above will most likely be bad for the ego of those who like bragging.
    New companion pets for old raids are a example of a good addition, collectors can keep them and those of us that don´t like pokepets just sell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    achives came out in bc bro
    no SILLY with WOTLK achivments where added.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Achievement

It'd be no different from any other retroactive achievement check, though, no? Sure it's work, but it's not investigative work or some huge time investment that some are claiming. The achievement dates are all you need to dole out the achievements properly. There's achievement dates for both 10/25 so it'd just be for killing the final boss. Anything extra (0-4 lights, etc.) would stay the way they currently are. Just the way I see it going down.
    But that's also part of the other point I was hoping you'd catch, these were achievements that Cutting Edge replaced. There's no point making a retroactive achievement for these when cutting edge was pretty much designed as a replacement for the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But that's also part of the other point I was hoping you'd catch, these were achievements that Cutting Edge replaced. There's no point making a retroactive achievement for these when cutting edge was pretty much designed as a replacement for the older ones.
    Well Wrath was a bit of a mess with how raid achievements were handled. This would go a long way in corralling those achievements into the modern normalization of how they're currently given out (AoTC/CE).

10+ Year Old Account
    No please.
    The addition of AotC made me interested enough to raid (current) heroic. As soon as I got the one for Will of the Emperor I knew I wanted more because they made me feel like a very good player. Killing Deathwing and Ragnaros while current didn't give me the same satisfaction because I had nothing to prove it, but now I can. If they added the achievement for old expansions it'd feel pretty cheap to me, since I would be retroactively "punished" for not having killed them years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    No please.
    The addition of AotC made me interested enough to raid (current) heroic. As soon as I got the one for Will of the Emperor I knew I wanted more because they made me feel like a very good player. Killing Deathwing and Ragnaros while current didn't give me the same satisfaction because I had nothing to prove it, but now I can. If they added the achievement for old expansions it'd feel pretty cheap to me, since I would be retroactively "punished" for not having killed them years ago.
    With this change you'd get the AoTC and or CE for Deathwing/Rag. It's a small casualty for the people who "could have killed the boss but didn't for whatever reason" in order for those that did to have uniformed achievements that are just like the modern form of achievement.

I think this is long overdue and a super easy fix that would be a welcome addition by many veteran raiders.

Thoughts?
    Would be welcomed by many veteran raiders, but would also provoke massive tantrums by others that got their kills just after the cut-off date, and who would swear blind they would have pushed harder if they'd known there was a reason to do so.
    Last edited by Banquetto; 2017-10-14 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's never to late to correct oversights.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just an oversight. Relevancy has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said anyone was experiencing problems or that it was an issue. It's just an oversight that could be corrected very, very easily.
    It's not an oversight. The notion didn't exist back then.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Would be welcomed by many veteran raiders, but would also provoke massive tantrums by others that got their kills just after the cut-off date, and who would swear blind they would have pushed harder if they'd known there was a reason to do so.
    Great point. No noble deed goes unhindered though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's not an oversight. The notion didn't exist back then.
    When I say oversight, I mean that when it was implemented, it should have been retroactive.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Great point. No noble deed goes unhindered though.

- - - Updated - - -

When I say oversight, I mean that when it was implemented, it should have been retroactive.
    I know what you mean. You seem like another autistic logic poster, despite the explanations ppl gave you in this thread. Your idea sucks and will never be implemented.
    /spit@Blizzard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    irrelevant and easy to spoof them
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I know what you mean. You seem like another autistic logic poster, despite the explanations ppl gave you in this thread. Your idea sucks and will never be implemented.
    To be so dismissive and condescending over something like this? Seems rather petty but hey, whatever floats your boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    irrelevant and easy to spoof them
    Relevant in the sense that Blizzard historically cares about how their achievements are displayed. This change would bring the uniformity they aim for.

Oversight: an unintentional failure to notice or do something. Synonyms (mistake, error, omission)

This entire thread hinges on your assumption that blizzard made a mistake by not retroactively awarding players with an achieve that, at the time, they would have had zero idea on how to actually acquire. You have the benefit of knowing how AOTC/CE achieve's work, now, and we know exactly what the cutoff dates are to achieve them. During Wrath and Cata players had absolutely zero idea of what those dates would have been, because these particular achievements didn't exist.

You can't retroactively award players with an achievement for defeating a boss before a particular date, without having first told those players what that date is. If they were to do what you are proposing, you would be punishing all those players/guilds who didn't find it necessary to push bosses before certain cutoff dates, because those cutoff dates didn't exist. Blizzard isn't going to punish the many, simply to reward the few (especially when the microcosm that is MMO-C, almost unanimously agrees that the reward would be effectively pointless)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillson View Post
    Oversight: an unintentional failure to notice or do something. Synonyms (mistake, error, omission)

This entire thread hinges on your assumption that blizzard made a mistake by not retroactively awarding players with an achieve that, at the time, they would have had zero idea on how to actually acquire. You have the benefit of knowing how AOTC/CE achieve's work, now, and we know exactly what the cutoff dates are to achieve them. During Wrath and Cata players had absolutely zero idea of what those dates would have been, because these particular achievements didn't exist.

You can't retroactively award players with an achievement for defeating a boss before a particular date, without having first told those players what that date is. If they were to do what you are proposing, you would be punishing all those players/guilds who didn't find it necessary to push bosses before certain cutoff dates, because those cutoff dates didn't exist. Blizzard isn't going to punish the many, simply to reward the few (especially when the microcosm that is MMO-C, almost unanimously agrees that the reward would be effectively pointless)
    Surely. I've said the nod to veteran raiders outweighs whatever backlash from those blowing smoke. Sounds like you disagree and that's a-ok.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Relevant in the sense that Blizzard historically cares about how their achievements are displayed. This change would bring the uniformity they aim for.
    It's a left over from the past where you had no mythic difficulty. If you want a AotC or CE achievement for those old tiers you can make one yourself. It's not that hard. They're just defeat last boss of the current tier while relevant. You still have the same achievements for clearing it today as you did back then, the only difference is that you can complete them in LFR while back then you would complete them on normal and heroic. You could pick the meta or just the single endboss of the tier achievement and link as your FoS achievement as you had one for both difficulties despite it not being a FoS as they are today for heroic and mythic, the date would tell you if they were done while current or not. Those who cared would know. This is old achievements you want which isn't really prioritized by blizz as they're just a tool to an end for them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.