Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Denmark

Maybe it's not technically ''murder'', but I'm not one for debating technicalities and convenient definitions.
    Only religious people call it murder.

Deleted

Maybe it's not technically ''murder'', but I'm not one for debating technicalities and convenient definitions.
    It isn't murder

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It isn't murder
    Which is why I mentioned debating technicalities for convenient definitions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Only religious people call it murder.
    Dance around definitions all that you want.

If you think killing human life because you're irresponsible isn't immoral that only shows how much a world with no religion has degraded.

If you think killing human life because you're irresponsible isn't immoral that only shows how much a world with no religion has degraded.
    I am religious. I am just not christian though I was raised as a christian. I don't see it as murder, I think it's wrong but I don't see it as murder. Only ones I know that think of it as murder are christian.

I am religious. I am just not christian. I don't see it as murder, I think it's wrong but I don't see it as murder. Only ones I know that think of it as murder are christian.
    I wonder which religion would accept abortion, then.

Don't get me wrong it should be legal, but to say it isn't immoral is too much.

I wonder which religion would accept abortion, then.
    Islam does, for one. Buddhism is another.

Islam does, for one. Buddhism is another.
    Something tells me it's up to the husband.. I mean if you have a kid outside marriage as an Islamic woman you're already screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Have you asked if they feel a victim
    Does the beaten housewife feel like she's a victim?
    Probably but she wouldn't dare tell you.

Programming prevents it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Since when is respecting one's customs synonymous with adhering to them?

Didn't they call themselves "technically a Nazi" to begin with? I think it's in someone's sig.

Funny how you first rail at @Ahovv for his portrayal of people like O'Reily, then write this horseshit. Mind you, my point is not pointing out that you write horseshit, because all of your previous posts here have been just that as well. Just focusing on your hypocrisy combined with some completely nonexistent moral high ground you believe yourself to stand on.

A world operating on other morals than those you have does not equal a world with no morals. Laws don't magically pop out of thin air. Good job showcasing why your earlier argument is built on nothing but crappy preconceptions and a ton of bias.

Ehh, isn't that still getting your cake while denying others their own, just in different scope? Some religions have symbols that cannot exactly be hidden from view completely. Sikhs for example (unless you expect them to cover their religious headwear with even more headwear). Those religions would be affected differently than, for example, Christians whose primarily worn symbol is a necklace with a cross.
    Yeah but no one can check if you have a religious symbol under your clothing. You have to draw the line somewhere and it is just isn't possible to have it 100% even as well, it isn't 100% even.. You can't say, "no religious symbols but because that effects religion X more than religion Y we will add something else for religion X only to compensate.. I think "no religious symbols" is fair. Religion is something you practice at home or in a designated area. You don't need to proclaim your faith to the outside world at all times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I think "no religious symbols" is fair. Religion is something you practice at home or in a designated area. You don't need to proclaim your faith to the outside world at all times.
    I have a cross tattoo on my left ankle. Are you going to force me to run around with long pants/cover up my ankles at all times?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-14 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    More likely because it's a stupid tradition perpetuated by radical "scholars' who follow a regressive ideology that does nothing for any woman unlucky enough to live under it other than opress them and strip away their rights.

Perhaps.

If it’s not harming people this just seems empty.

@Mehrunes

First of all kindly fuck off with the ad hominem.

Where exactly is my hypocrisy and what's my high ground? This is the third time I state I am not religious. Learn to read or get blocked, I don't have the time neither the will to state the same thing 100 times for people that are so simple they immediately assume that if you praise a group you must be part of it.

I still recall in 9th grade when I told people that people should not be mocked for being gay and I immediately got called gay ( it was the f-word but whatever ). I'd expect more than 9th grader material from a forum, then again...

Could that be appeal to law?

Law also allows you to cut part of a baby boy's dick. Law allows a cheating wife to take half of a man's money after she cheated on him with Jamal. Law allows a lot of shit that it should not.

So appealing to it is rather stupid.

We were talking morals. Law allows you to abort, which is immoral. End of argument.

We're talking about morals. That's 100% bias and preconceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really simple, if you kill 6 million people you aren't Christian, because any Christian would realise his soul is sentenced to damnation.

I mean it doesn't take a genius.

But yes, he has quotes where he calls religion stupid, the death of ration.
    Its anything but simple.. Maybe you should look at what it have meant to be a christian throughout time.. Its a ever changing substance.. And yes some religious people have already thrown reasoning to the sea, thus doing mind gymnastics to thinking they are doing a gods work. And not all christians even believe in the concept of hell or damnation.

How you can even begin to put your own view of a christian over everyone elses baffles me.

And what is immoral to you is simply a product of the time and place you are living in..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If it’s not harming people this just seems empty.
    All I can say is there's nothing that would make me trade places with those women forced to wear them (revealing a deeper underlying oppression).

If that's the case - something should be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Its anything but simple.. Maybe you should look at what it have meant to be a christian throughout time.. Its a ever changing substance.. And yes some religious people have already thrown reasoning to the sea, thus doing mind gymnastics to thinking they are doing a gods work. And not all christians even believe in the concept of hell or damnation.

How you can even begin to put your own view of a christian over everyone elses baffles me.

And what is immoral to you is simply a product of the time and place you are living in..
    Doesn't that sort of defeat the point?

It's like saying that Aslan is real but Narnia is a preposterous concept.

Could it be that it's all a crock of shit that someone made up and those in power continue to make up as they go along?
    (Specifically the subject at hand where women should cover themselves head to toe, never speak against a man, leave the house without one etc etc ... see the fun user friendly manual "Radical Islam and you - 100 ways to be a worthless human being")
    Wasn't there something about the Burka being a fairly recent introduction - thus putting into question its "tradition" argument too?

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post

No amount of mental gymnastics will allow you to reach the conclusion that Hitler was a Christian lad who truly believed he was doing the right thing when he killed 6 million jews.

He didn't fear God or an afterlife. He rejected them. No man who believes in an afterlife would stain his 'soul' like that.

@Mehrunes

First of all kindly fuck off with the ad hominem.
    Kindly don't use terms you don't understand because it makes you look questionable. The innate hypocrisy of that post is part of its substance. So pointing that out, even if done in mocking manner (which is appropriate to the idiocy of your hypocrisy) is not ad hominem by default. So you can cry me a river I guess.

Where exactly is my hypocrisy and what's my high ground? This is the third time I state I am not religious. Learn to read or get blocked, I don't have the time neither the will to state the same thing 100 times for people that are so simple they immediately assume that if you praise a group you must be part of it.
    What does you not being religious have to do with anything? And I dunno, whatever could be your highround when you're dismissing someone who doesn't agree with your romanticized and cherry-picking portrayal of religion (hello "look at all dem schools and scientific advances caused by religion" while you brush those hindered and burned by religion under the carpet) as an edgelord

And do you really need to have things spelled out to you like a child? You whined about @Ahovv's protrayal of religious people as being inaccurate, disparaging and generalizing and in the next post you made an inaccurate, disparaging and generalizing portrayal of non-religious people. Which part of that was beyond your comprehension, exactly?

I still recall in 9th grade when I told people that people should not be mocked for being gay and I immediately got called gay ( it was the f-word but whatever ). I'd expect more than 9th grader material from a forum, then again...
    Given how the only place in which I called you religious is your victimized and fallacious mind, this is utterly fascinating. And by fascinating I mean irrelevant.

Could that be appeal to law?
    No? Seriously, don't pull fallacies out of your ass if you don't understand them, because you're engaging in fallacies of your own when you do it. Since apparently things are once again beyond your comprehension, the statement that laws don't pop out of thin air is not an appeal to law, but pointing out the things that precede the law. Which is the values of the society that make the laws. You know, morals. Just in these cases, morals you don't share.

Law also allows you to cut part of a baby boy's dick. Law allows a cheating wife to take half of a man's money after she cheated on him with Jamal. Law allows a lot of shit that it should not.
    Great example, that first one. Top notch example of moral decay caused by lack of religion. You know, given how circumcision of infants in most of the world is caused by religion.

So appealing to it is rather stupid.
    Why even ask me if I made an appeal to law if you're going to make claims based on it being the case later on? To paraphrase you, kindly fuck off with your dishonest squirming.

We were talking morals. Law allows you to abort, which is immoral. End of argument.
    Pretending your morals are everyone's morals, stomping your foot down like a child and screaming "end of discussion" doesn't magically make you correct. The issue of abortion is an issue of conflict of rights. Particularly the mother's right to bodily autonomy vs the fetus' right to life (with an added side topic of wheter a fetus has the right to life which in turn is related to another sub-topic of whether or not it is even a person that can have rights). The stance of abortionists is that of mother's bodily autonomy being superior. Which, lo and behold genius, is a moral stance.

We're talking about morals. That's 100% bias and preconceptions.
    There's a difference between discussing morals and pretending that morals you don't share aren't morals. Just so happens I addressed the latter on your part. Alas, your dishonesty and comprehension run deep, it seems.

So you're one for deliberately being wrong and you think that's some kind of a point?

It isn't a convenient definition. It's just a definition. Which, lo and behold, predates legalized abortion quite a bit. That reminds me of your earlier attempts at portraying my argument as various kinds of fallacious. What you're partaking in is appeal to emotion. You try to silence the discussion by portraying abortion as something universally considered bad and flail about how people try to hide that by "convenient" definitions. And the thing is, the only thing it achieves is to expose your argumentative bankruptcy.

Because, imagine that, you can make arguments against abortion without reaching for that low hanging (and completely rotten) fruit. Death penalty isn't murder either. That doesn't prevent it from being considered immoral by many, many people.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-15 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I'm a very progressive, open-minded, tolerant ultra-lib, and i am all for banning this type of thing. Religion is no excuse for the systematic oppression of women. I am aware that many muslim women say they like wearing them, but those who are a party to their own oppression are the ones who are the most at risk for abuse, the ones that need help the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I have a cross tattoo on my left ankle. Are you going to force me to run around with long pants/cover up my ankles at all times?
    And what if someone has that tattoo on their face? Because that mean they'd have to hide it. But if that someone is a Muslim woman (well, with religious-appropriate tattoo in this case), that'd enter burqa territory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

- - - Updated - - -

as an atheist its cute that you say we live in a world with no religion. while atheism is the fastest growing "religious group", the VAST majority of the world is still religious on some level. Abortion is also nothing new, people have been terminating pregnancies through various means for thousands of years. now we just figured out how to do it safely. Safe, available abortions are arguably one of the greatest medical advances of the 20th century, from a sociological point of view (overcrowding and unwanted children are very bad for any society). Removing a small clump of unwanted cells from a womb is no more immoral than removing a tumor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    as an atheist its cute that you say we live in a world with no religion. while atheism is the fastest growing "religious group", the VAST majority of the world is still religious on some level. Abortion is also nothing new, people have been terminating pregnancies through various means for thousands of years. now we just figured out how to do it safely. Safe, available abortions are arguably one of the greatest medical advances of the 20th century, from a sociological point of view (overcrowding and unwanted children are very bad for any society). Removing a small clump of unwanted cells from a womb is no more immoral than removing a tumor.
    The anti-abortion arguments almost make it sound immoral that you're not fucking as often as possible to produce potential babies. I mean hell, if you're not doing that, that's prevented life! You're not even giving it a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    The anti-abortion arguments almost make it sound immoral that you're not fucking as often as possible to produce potential babies. I mean hell, if you're not doing that, that's prevented life! You're not even giving it a chance!
    its relatively rare, but there are people who believe that.