Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillson View Post
    I remember getting Sunwell KJ to 22% the day before the pre-patch and achieves came out. They were nerfing it after that. The prestige of killing him was going away since the nerfs were so much. I never killed him in BC. Easily my saddest moment in WoW raiding history. I don't need any sort of achieve given to people to remind me I didn't kill him in time. I know this is a BC story, but the concept applies to Wrath/Cata and CE).
    Yeah, my post wasn't about whether they should or shouldn't add the achievements, it was just a note that achievements weren't a BC thing.

I personally wouldn't care if they added the achieves or not. So many years have gone by, that it doesn't mean much at this point.

"Oh, you killed heroic 25 man LK before nerfs? Cool, can you play your currently class well now that it no longer resembles anything from back then and can you make raid times?"

Those achieves don't show if a player can play well currently, and 99% of people won't care anyway. Now, I could see why for that 1% it would be nice to have it and I doubt it would be difficult to implement.

/shrug.

Better question: why would 1% of the playerbase be happy, or even care? Kind of makes me laugh, hardcore raiders have demonstrated they don't give a shot about casuals, but care way too much about what casuals get for rewards for doing things they can and/or "don't be care about" <--- whatever this means

See how easy it is to make statements like this?
    Nope. Rarely ever seen hardcore raiders talk about the casual playerbase as the instigators. Typically the progression raiders come out to talk about things after a casual makes comments about wanting the exact same rewards as mythic raiders without even stepping foot into anything higher than an LFR.
    Obviously, and/or "don't care about" is referencing the casual playerbase that don't care about progression raiding. Can't believe that had to be spelled out for you as it's not a cryptic message.
    Keep trying though, I'll wait for your next response that has no merit and tries to lessen a specific playerbase.

You keep saying blizzard cares about this, but you have yet to provide any real evidence of this. Can you provide examples to us that support your claim? Evidence related to raid achievements, since this is what we are talking about.

I've already disputed your idea of uniformity since the conditions for current AotC/CE achievements didn't exist back then, and therefore wouldn't fall under the idea of consistency.

Sure, no problem.

They moved quite a few raid achievements over to the Feat of Strength tab. Things like I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am and He Feeds On Your Tears were once normal achievements that later became Feats of Strength.

Then you've got raid achievements they added in after the fact. Things like The Fifth Element, Scepter of the Shifting Sands, Zul'Gurub, Deadliest Catch, and Zul'Aman.

Then you've got how they've altered PvE achievements in terms of how they're displayed. A couple examples are:

MoP/WoD Challenge Mode achieves -- If you earned them over the entire expansion and earned other Feats of Strength in between the dungeon achieves, they staggered incorrectly in the display section. Much later, after the fact, they re-arranged the dungeon achievements to be in order regardless of when you earned them.

X Dungeons and Raids Emblems -- Not only were these each their own individual achievement, they were turned into Feats of Strength and combined into one Feat of Strength that houses every level of it along the way. I.E You click on it and it shows all the lesser steps of the achievement you earned inside the display.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Yeah, my post wasn't about whether they should or shouldn't add the achievements, it was just a note that achievements weren't a BC thing.

I personally wouldn't care if they added the achieves or not. So many years have gone by, that it doesn't mean much at this point.

"Oh, you killed heroic 25 man LK before nerfs? Cool, can you play your currently class well now that it no longer resembles anything from back then and can you make raid times?"

Those achieves don't show if a player can play well currently, and 99% of people won't care anyway. Now, I could see why for that 1% it would be nice to have it and I doubt it would be difficult to implement.

/shrug.

You're right, these achieves don't show if a player can play well currently. And I'd wager it's probably closer to 20-30% (And I'm being really conservative on that number) of people who'd receive either an Ahead of the Curve or a Cutting Edge from their raiding days of Wrath/Cata that are currently playing. Totally agree that it wouldn't be difficult to implement either.

They generally don't like to add retro-active achievements for things you've already done. That said, uniformity and "Why not" and bragging rights are good enough reasons. (Though I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone puffing their chest over anything in Wrath/Cata.) However I'd be more interested if they could go back and retroactively add achievements for Vanilla and BC. Might see less rose-tinted glasses everywhere if people couldn't prove it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    With this change you'd get the AoTC and or CE for Deathwing/Rag. It's a small casualty for the people who "could have killed the boss but didn't for whatever reason" in order for those that did to have uniformed achievements that are just like the modern form of achievement.
    Only Deathwing, I killed heroic Rag a week after DS got released (but it was still a pretty big deal, that's why I said "current").
    Also I think the main purpose of those achievements is to prove something while the thing is still there, why would we get it 5 years later when everyone can kill the Lich King naked with their fists?

Uniformity. Blizzard historically cares how their achievements are displayed. This takes the verifiable proof of Wrath/Cata raiding achievements and turns them into the modern AoTC/CE versions.
    That really isn't an answer its the desire. Why does it matter? What does anyone gain? What does the game get for it? Is it worth the time to do it for next to nothing much my achievements line up better in a window?

I mean I have seen some baby dick things to worry about of these forums. But this is like.. a "I just got out of the pool" baby dick thing to worry about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because we had GearScore fellas
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    achives came out in bc bro
    #1 I wasn't talking about achievements in general, I was talking about Ahead of the Curve achievements. (How was that not obvious to you?)

#2 Achievements came out with Wotlk. Pre expansion patches are literally the expansion with leveling and new zones locked.

"bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They generally don't like to add retro-active achievements for things you've already done. That said, uniformity and "Why not" and bragging rights are good enough reasons. (Though I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone puffing their chest over anything in Wrath/Cata.) However I'd be more interested if they could go back and retroactively add achievements for Vanilla and BC. Might see less rose-tinted glasses everywhere if people couldn't prove it...
    But they have historically. Agreed on why this would be worth doing. And yeah it'd be nice if they could for Classic/BC, but there's very little if any actual proof that we the players can see. Maybe there's more going on under the hood that they can see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    #1 I wasn't talking about achievements in general, I was talking about Ahead of the Curve achievements. (How was that not obvious to you?)

#2 Achievements came out with Wotlk. Pre expansion patches are literally the expansion with leveling and new zones locked.

"bro"
    if you knew all this then i guess you can answer your own fucking question, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    if you knew all this then i guess you can answer your own fucking question, bro.
    I didn't ask a question lol.

It's never to late to correct oversights.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just an oversight. Relevancy has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said anyone was experiencing problems or that it was an issue. It's just an oversight that could be corrected very, very easily.
    "Oversight"? You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It wasn't an "oversight". An oversight would be forgetting to put in AotC for Antorus. An oversight would be updating the +Stam+Armor+Damage trait for every tank class by 10% and forgetting to apply that same fix to, say, Warriors. An oversight would be forgetting to remove a placeholder icon or piece of loot from a drop table before the game/patch went live.

You know what an "oversight" is not? Not adding something they had no intention of adding and that is irrelevant to the game as a whole. Otherwise, by your logic, it was an "oversight" that they didn't add personal loot to all raids that existed prior to Personal loot being a thing. It was an "oversight" to that they didn't go back and add emissaries to the MoP content since they did have dailies you could do every day.

The fact is, not adding AotC and CE achievements to raids that did not have them when they were current is not an oversight. It is something that was never planned and never intentioned to be planned. Thus, it could not possibly be an oversight.

Additionally, this is literally a waste of the time of a developer. There are actual positive benefits that can be done with that time. The fact in, because as you admit yourself, there is a time stamp on where you earned it, it is easier enough to go and look when you first earned it and see that, in fact, you killed it while current. And as to your "super tiny nod to veteran raiders", they added achievements for every boss to show you killed it and when. That was your nod.