Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    1. The information was in the link

2. Intersex isn't exactly uncommon knowledge either

3. Always click the link

It isn't my fault you embarrassed yourself
    1. No it wasn't. The link was about a failed system at a failing hospital, not about intersexuality.
    2. Yes, it is. Even your own link says "10's of families are waiting for therapy." That's not a high number dude.
    3. Why when you copy/paste the entire article? If you had posted a few paragraphs I would click the link, but not when you post the entire article.
    4. Projection much? I've got more important things to be embarrassed about then a snarky poster who half asses a discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    1. No it wasn't. The link was about a failed system at a failing hospital, not about intersexuality.
    2. Yes, it is. Even your own link says "10's of families are waiting for therapy." That's not a high number dude.
    3. Why when you copy/paste the entire article? If you had posted a few paragraphs I would click the link, but not when you post the entire article.
    4. Projection much? I've got more important things to be embarrassed about then a snarky poster who half asses a discussion.
    1. Read the link
    2. Just because something only occurs rarely doesn't mean the knowledge is rare too! Homosexuality is a minority yet everybody knows about it!
    3. I didn't copy & paste the entire article (I rarely do) if I had you would see a wall of text and complain.
    4. It isn't projection - all you had to do was click a link (which you still obviously haven't done) but instead you clicked reply immediately and looked a tit doing so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Can't parents just book a private psychologist in light of the Hospital's failure?
    We charge around £100 an hour, some families struggle with the costs.

This kind of thing shouldn't be legal until the patient is 18.
    These are actually medically diagnosed people, not people with mental illness thinking they are a girl even though they are males.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is rather hilarious. Just goes to show you how little rubes know about intesex or trans folks. Yet they still think they should be sticking themselves in the medical decisions of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    These are actually medically diagnosed people, not people with mental illness thinking they are a girl even though they are males.
    Exhibit A here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I am aware of that and did not infer that they were mentally ill in any way. Unless their condition needs to be addressed immediately they should be allowed to wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves what they want to be. Letting a parent or doctor decide just because one is easier isn't right.

No, it's your fault for expecting someone to know something that they don't and then refuse to tell them so as to keep them ignorant. If you have information share it. If you won't do that then don't talk shit about someone who doesn't know.

Intersexuality and all that it's about isn't common knowledge. And if you're not here to educate people why the hell are you posting in the first place?

Or you discuss it with people who do know, like you. Which is why I'm on these forums, to learn things I couldn't find looking through other places on the internet. People with first hand or professional experience or who have read up on the subject from better sources than I could ever find. You also can't know what you're looking for when you don't know what you are looking for. I didn't know intersexuality was a thing till yesterday. I knew what a hermaphrodites but not the term "intersexuality."

Because it looked like you quoted the entire article. Why would I click the link when you've already posted what looks like everything in it?

After clicking the link and looking at the "Read more" there are articles titled "At 12 I grew a beard and had a period" and "Doctors 'played God' with my body." Why the hell would I want to read something click baitie as that? After skimming the third one it looked like it had information worth spending time reading.

So why the hell would I go through all that bullshit when here you are with information on the subject?
    Just admit you made a mistake. Coward.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of that and did not infer that they were mentally ill in any way. Unless their condition needs to be addressed immediately they should be allowed to wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves what they want to be. Letting a parent or doctor decide just because one is easier isn't right.
    Yeah, and the AAP and ACOP both disagree with this statement on both intersex and trans kids.

Edit: Waiting to 18 is disastrous for these kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    That's gender dysphoria, not intersexuality. We are discussing children born with two sexual organs or other biological anomalies.

Deleted
    The document you linked is primarily about Transgender, not Intersex.

This thread is about Intersex children, not Transgender. Please keep it that way.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's gender dysphoria, not intersexuality. We are discussing children born with two sexual organs or other biological anomalies.
    And the guide includes intersex kids since there is also a similar treatment line. Likewise, intersex individuals are generally part of the trans community, particularly when they're denied treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    The document you linked is primarily about Transgender, not Intersex.

This thread is about Intersex children, not Transgender. Please keep it that way.
    Sure, but you'll note I only got involved when another poster brought up the "mental health" of trans people.

These issues are linked, particularly given that medical science is basically stating being trans is an intersex condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They are all rodeo clowns?
    Yup! Sent them all to clown college, Spookums University.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't know whether to feel contempt or pity.
    Don't worry, it doesn't matter what you feel.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These issues are linked
    some overlap

but ones a mental abnormality and ones physical
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    some overlap

but ones a mental abnormality and ones physical
    Evidence is that being trans is the result of prenatal hormones impacting the brain.

And to be frank, intersex doesn't have a clear definition. I have AIS (mild to partial, somewhere in between) and I've been both included and excluded by support groups and various criteria. Really got crapped on by a few people when I decided to transition. I even got called a "faker" despite presenting a bunch of symptoms (the most obvious being a lack of facial / body hair and a voice that never dropped).

Deleted
    In what way is this not the parents fault?
    When needing psychological assistants why can't they search it themselves?
    Wth

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Don't worry, it doesn't matter what you feel.
    Leaning towards pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Literally how dumb the argument was.
    Holy fucking shitballs, do you even know what literally means and how to use it? You sound like some dumb broad I used to work with. Every time she would open her piehole the world literally would be in a sentence somewhere.

The day I heard her say "literally get a life" was the day I stopped listening her to inane drivel. Normally, I would just roll my eyes and groan to myself when she was speaking, because while she was quite intelligent, she was like most 20somethings, nearly braindead. Hell, in a meeting, she used literally three times in a single sentence. Three fucking times. All of them incorrectly. It took all of my self control not to throw up in my mouth.

Congratulations on raping the English language. I hope you're proud.
    Last edited by BelziBhaal; 2017-10-15 at 06:24 AM.