Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I played destro in MoP and it was hella fun and engaging since it had a definite meta playstyle of trying to fit as many CB's into procs as much as possible which i enjoyed.

There was something about having all your trinket procs align when you had 4 shards then popping dark soul and just giggling as you literally unleashed hell on the target!!

Builders hit for literally fuck all, but i didn't care as they were there to build and fuel the CB goodness, i didn't even mind using RoF on single target as it gave you an extra button for movement as well as a sustained source or emberbits to further counter act not being able to generate on the move once your conlflag charges were gone.

And then there was shadowburn, oh how i miss that spell, the change to its current form in legion was the main thing that drove me away from destro, for me that spell is more iconic to destro than CB ever was, after all we had it way before CB was a thing and to neuter it down to is piss poor weak usless form was just the final kick in the dick for me.

The spec just worked in MoP and i can't help but think it was the morons who couldn't plan ahead for things like movement or just blindly spamming CB's without any real thought for waiting for procs etc that got i changed into the abortion that it was in WoD with incineratebolt, but i digress and going off topic a little here.

Destro mastery is certainly one of the elephants in the room IMO i mean why would you implement a mechanic that actually makes it harder as a dev to balance a spec, while pissing the playerbase off with more RNG?? Not only that but the whole point of Chaos Bolts is they crit all the time, so mastery is basically Crit 2.0 for chaos bolts??? Why the fuck would you do that??? It's reintroducing the complete opposite of what the spell is supposed to represent.

With pvp templates now being a thing there is zero excuse for not having a super sayam chaos bolt, take the cost down to 1 Soul Shard, reduce filler/builder damage, buff CB to similar modifiers as MoP and make the T21 4p Baseline........you know like it used to be (how lazy a 4p is that!!) and fixed.................

Wont be done tho, cause the other elephant in the room thats actually the real reason destro is playing like it is, is the artifact. There are only so many things that you can do to CB in terms of modification via the artifact talents, and there are way too many points to be spent so they have to divide them up through the other spells, every artifact ability that buffs damage elsewhere equals a necessary reduction to other spells i.e CB for balance reasons so we arrive at why buffing CB can only go so far so that the other shit the artifact provides still feels "meaningful"

TL: DR Destro can be fixed but the only way really that we will get a MoP style spec back (the best iteration of destro to date IMO) is getting rid of the artifact so there is no necessity to spread the damage out over so many different spells.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2017-10-10 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I take the Destruction T21 2P and the T19 4P, thank you.
    Too bad you gimp your iLVL.

Hey!

Thanks for the good post. I agree with everything you said. I remember this was different at the start of Legion

Apologies for the question, but the T21 2p for Destro will be similar to the Archimonde trinket?
    Meaning: the buff is on the target, so the benefits will be very low except full single target? And even then the travel time of CB and Incin can make it a pain to keep it up on the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And T21 will be a further regression there where Mastery bonus goes away (should be baseline really) AND instead CB will be partially a DoT (I think same thing that was in MoP? Memory eludes me, but at least there CB hit like a frikkin' truck on top of that) and there is another way to generate shitton of shards, so weaker spender nukes spam, just great.
    I think in MoP it was an effect of GoSac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think in MoP it was an effect of GoSac
    Yeah you are right, i got so used to playing Sac that i thought the effect was baseline lol.

Thats another thing that's annoying me about legion, petless spec is totally un-viable in 99% of scenarios, and by that i mean its a significant loss in pretty much all raids and mythics. This bullshit of "you can play petless if you want but it wont be anywhere near the optimal" is just basically a plain FU to the playerbase. If they are sticking to the warlock is a pet class so you will play with a pet, just delete the dam talent and make a new one like they did for Demo otherwise it just feels like having a second but much smaller dick lol. Sure you can whip it out but you are never gonna pick it to take to the show!!! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

And T21 will be a further regression there where Mastery bonus goes away (should be baseline really) AND instead CB will be partially a DoT (I think same thing that was in MoP? Memory eludes me, but at least there CB hit like a frikkin' truck on top of that) and there is another way to generate shitton of shards, so weaker spender nukes spam, just great.
    The 4pc T20 is really underwhelming for Destruction, losing it isn't a big loss.

The 4pc T21 is a boring design especially since it's similar to the MoP GoSac effect. However the MoP version split Chaos Bolt's damage between the direct damage impact and the DoT for PvP reasons. For T21 the DoT will be extra damage on top of the direct damage - so essentially it will make Chaos Bolt hit x% harder (depending on exactly how it's tuned).

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    If they are sticking to the warlock is a pet class so you will play with a pet, just delete the dam talent and make a new one like they did for Demo otherwise it just feels like having a second but much smaller dick lol. Sure you can whip it out but you are never gonna pick it to take to the show!!! >.<
    I think this is part of their whole idea of making talents that are clearly and strictly worse but a tiny QoL increase, which can be found on a couple of classes. Nobody picks them, of course, because the QoL increase is laughable. But that's what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    The 4pc T20 is really underwhelming for Destruction, losing it isn't a big loss.
    It isn't a big loss for overall damage, but its shit mechanically / for progression. When you have a priority target you need to burst down (which is why people play destruction) having that guaranteed dmg is king vs reintroducing RNG and adding a dot instead. Its pretty much the exact opposite of what would be healthy for the spec.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It isn't a big loss for overall damage, but its shit mechanically / for progression. When you have a priority target you need to burst down (which is why people play destruction) having that guaranteed dmg is king vs reintroducing RNG and adding a dot instead. Its pretty much the exact opposite of what would be healthy for the spec.
    Which is kinda why I'm thinking the go-to will be 2pc T21 + 2pc T20 and then just whatever is highest ilvl. I can't really be bothered to sim it for now though. The dmg increase from 4pc t21 is (napkin math-wise) so laughable it should be worth it to drop it for a 5-10 ilvl increase.

Blizzard changed stats on t21. Now it's worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Blizzard changed stats on t21. Now it's worse.
    Why worse ? For destruction the cloak,chest,pants and hands now look pretty good statwise. And for affliction you still have mastery on shoulders and pants ( on head too if you don't use the legendary hood). The statmix is pretty good actually but the set bonuses suck (for destruction at least).

As long as its an item that has stats on it and is a higher ilvl its good for destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    the stat changes made me happy that means i only need to farm Harj and Misstress mythic tier so i can run 4pc and 2pc . question is what legendary to run....wilfred + x?

Deleted
    I still have some hope that they will change destro set bonuses like they did with aff before ToS release. Maybe some US destros can start threads in official forum to let blizzard know that everybody hates this set ?? I have no power as a EU player.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    the stat changes made me happy that means i only need to farm Harj and Misstress mythic tier so i can run 4pc and 2pc . question is what legendary to run....wilfred + x?
    Is using 4pc/2pc even worth losing ritual as demo?

I was thinking about this the other day and the only thing I came up with was maybe if you got 3 perfect relics with imp damage+left hand of darkness then netherlord might be good.

The problem with 4pc/2pc as demo is 2/3 of your best legs take up a tier slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    I still have some hope that they will change destro set bonuses like they did with aff before ToS release. Maybe some US destros can start threads in official forum to let blizzard know that everybody hates this set ?? I have no power as a EU player.
    There's very very few people who ever post on the official forums in general, a fraction of which are attempting to be constructive, and a fraction of those who actually have good critique.

Its probably one of the biggest problems with class design in this game. I've raided in the high end scene for some time now and those players will complain up a storm about class design and will talk for hours about it but god forbid any of those people actually spend that time making well thought out constructive posts for the devs to act upon.

I wouldn't hold my breath at all on destro tier changing at this point, frankly I'm not expecting much of anything to happen with the spec at all. Things will more than likely stay as is across the board.

Demos finally dead with the ptr set. Its doing less damage on the ptr than it is on live at 942 ilvl.

Going to miss it if it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Demos finally dead with the ptr set. Its doing less damage on the ptr than it is on live at 942 ilvl.

Going to miss it if it goes live.
    Think Ian already confirmed there'd be tuning after heroic week like they usually do in that last Q&A iirc. Never makes sense to worry about current numbers when a raid is about to happen.

I wouldn't expect a miracle but I imagine it won't be made worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    They will probably nerf tier 20 to the ground post launch to make tier 21 shitty numbers more appealing.
    Just like they did with t19 to make t20 look stronger!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    Just like they did with t19 to make t20 look stronger!
    That's what happens when D3 devs are working on WoW. No imagination when it comes to set bonuses. I mean look at unholy DK 2pc and destro 4pc T21 literally the EXACT same. Or boomkin 4pc and affliction 4pc T21 again the EXACT same bonus. What a fuc*ing joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out if you play with soul conduit,sindorei spite,feretory and 2pc T20 you can get out some decent dmg from the T21 4pc. Incinerate crit rate was exactly 50% and did 16,1% of my total dmg (pretty good increase). Flames of argus (T21 4pc) with 3,5% of my total dmg. Still not a huge fan of T21 for destro. It's non existent in AoE. Magistrike restraints applies 2pc and 4pc debuff too. https://imgur.com/a/rP1s6
    Last edited by mmoc14d4b4599f; 2017-10-17 at 11:47 PM.