Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wouldn't say do away with factions, but on non-pvp servers we should be able to communicate, group, guild and such together. Just keep faction npcs hostile to the other faction so we can't go in each others towns and cities like now. Big part of EQ2 is the whole Freeport(evil) vs Qeynos(good) thing yet on non-pvp servers everyone can play together. I love that so much, everyone should be able to play whatever they want and still be able to play with their friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id be content if Normal servers were co-op personally and pvp servers were non co-op. The same rules for RP servers. Battlegrounds wouldn't a big issue since I just attack things with health bars or red names.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Replace, yes. Do away with? No.

Horde and Alliance combining into one faction, with a new playable faction to be the "playable misunderstood bad-guy team". If Scourge and Burning Legion were one faction, for example, and they were both working tirelessly to undo the Void, for example, (assuming the Void is the prime evil in the universe) then we can keep the "faction wars" fresh with a new spin on it, while retaining existing characters.

Light vs Void works too, I guess. As long as new races and a new faction replaces what we've lost, I'm fine with it.

My only issue with Light vs Void is then we need a NEW big bad to raid/pve against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Alliance and the Horde are the only two forces capable of threatening each other.

The Old Gods? The Legion? The Void Lords? All irrelevant and easily cast aside distractions.

I understand that the faction conflict is a sacred cow to the developers but it is fundamentally flawed as a concept.

Neither player faction can ever lose or even be dealt a serious blow; therefore it isn't a real conflict. Neither side is in danger so the story will never progress.

At best it's a series of Southshores and Theramores in a neverending, stagnant cycle.

At the end of the day its a piss poor justification to charge players $30 to play with friends on another faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    Id be content if Normal servers were co-op personally and pvp servers were non co-op. The same rules for RP servers. Battlegrounds wouldn't a big issue since I just attack things with health bars or red names.
    This wouldn’t work because of PVE balance. It has to be for both types of servers or none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Keep the factions just make all the races like Pandaren, where they can choose with faction to belong to.
    Is this a joke? i dont want Gnomes in the Horde...

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand your point and your idea.

But one of the MAJOR things about World of Warcraft is its factions and the Tensions between them, having 50% of players on your realm going around and you never know what they will do, gives you the Feeling of Terror and tension, it is quite enjoyable.

Blizzard have been very lazy with the Faction Tension the last Expansions, I really hope that in the next Expansions the Horde and the Alliance will brake out in a REAL WORLD WAR!!! (Sylvannas VS Graymane)

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a Jaylock thread when I clicked on it. Was mistaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    World of "War"craft not World of Peacecraft. There are some who want peace and some who do not care for it. This goes in hand with the player base as well. I do like the idea of us having the option but it should not the final option. We can work together still and strive for peace but that should be the be all end all that we finally come to terms and have peace. And then in the distant future that peace dissolves again and we have ourselves World of Warcraft 2 or Warcraft 4.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

7+ Year Old Account
    oO.

Have you ever read the early quests? did you play Orcs vs Humans or even WCIII?

Mo you don't "do away with" factions. The game and lore thrives on it, it is made up of it.

Please stop this assinine fuckery. Enjoy the game for what it is. or just go play Hello Kitty or Overwatch or something. Put Wow down.

Or go hang out on pandaria...

Draenei, gnomes, tauren, and blood elves go neutral. The rest of the stupid races stay on their stupid factions killing each other for stupid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    oO.

Have you ever read the early quests? did you play Orcs vs Humans or even WCIII?

Mo you don't "do away with" factions. The game and lore thrives on it, it is made up of it.

Please stop this assinine fuckery. Enjoy the game for what it is. or just go play Hello Kitty or Overwatch or something. Put Wow down.

Or go hang out on pandaria...

WC3 had 5 factions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Exactly, I mean short of battlegrounds and getting attacked if we go into the opposing factions cities by guards do we even SEE HvA? Hell even Vanilla WoW wasn't about HvA it was about Nefarian, C'thun and Ragnaros lol

- - - Updated - - -

Uh.........what? Wrathgate? Mount Hyjal? Also show me in any of Legion where you see Horde vs Alliance.
    Alot of people want to do awey with the Alliance and the Horde they make no sence anymore.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...you-go-neutral

they should keep them around for lore/storytelling reasons (no reason not to really) but players ought to be able to mix in instanced content. There's no real reason for players to stay segregated in such as instances, lfr/normal/heroic raids, etc. Palette swapping everyone to the race of the leader should be pretty simple.

Diablofication of WoW, in terms of lore, would be the final nail to the coffin. Do you realize how infertile Diablo lore is? Simply because it is all about light vs dark, evil vs good. Boring, binary shit.