Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i still prefer MoP and wrath .
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Treasures of Aht Urghan for FFXI was the best expansion of any MMO

Agree. Legion is the best game EVER created, let alone mmo.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2017-10-15 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Overall I rate Legion 9.9/10 and A++. I'm excited for what Blizzard has in store after Legion as well.
    I'd give legion a weak 4/10 - it was a 8/10 up until 7.2 - and from there on it's been in very sharp decline.
    I'm not excited about next announcement. I'm dreading it.

Legion is very strong on repeatability of content. Very low on quality gameplay moments.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-10-15 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Either troll or completely delusional.
    I would bet that 99% of people knew who the OP was before they opened this thread.

Best expansion in mmo history? lol! It is not even the best expansion in WoW.

One of worst WoW expansions.

Amount of RNG is insane
    Too much grind. Way way way too much
    Class balance is far from acceptable
    Legendaries? Stupid Artifact? Stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    not even remotely close:

>the content is not good for 'replayability' the same quests on a shorter rotation than old world quests was fun at the very start but got old super fast.

>from a gameplay perspective they have fucked up so many classes and specs beyond repair at this point that an entire full rework is needed to fix the clusterfuck they have caused, but this won't happen due to people being 'too confused' when major class changes happen so the masses of casual players cause these major game breaking problems to go unchanged, this expansion has been the worst expansion for game breaking bugs that have been untouched since beta testing began, so many i can't even count them, and every major patch we get sees even more bugs causing game breaking problems which cannot be mitigated by players at all.

>fun yet challenging? yeah sure, if by challenging you mean monsters scaling so high that while lvling you can't realistically mass pull them to get quests done and must pull one mob at a time and drink/eat between pulls (release), then sure, it was challenging, then they added the ilvl scaling bollox where it doesn't matter how well geared you (and i'm one of the best geared around) you are still fighting the same strength mobs you were 50-100 ilvls ago, making getting upgrades a pointless waste of time for 'open world' content.

>pvp this whole expansion has been FUBAR, the stat templates in ranked pvp are a monumental failure due to how certain classes synergise with certain spells, and the ganking is even worse now than it has ever been since the great ability purge of '16 where so many of the tools NECESSARY to survive in pvp were removed because of 'ability bloat' which we all know wasn't the case that's just the bullshit spin they tried to sell to everyone to make taking the abilities away less painful, and world pvp is a clusterfuck of epic proportions where again, it doesn't what gear you you will still get globalled before you know what hits you by some classes (predominantly melee).

> raids, these are debatable, EN was interesting for a while until you hit the cenarius wall (aka the real end boss), ToV was akin to TOC back in wrath, like marmite you either loved it or hated it, personally i liked it overall but the initial tuning of the place was a mess, then you had nighthold which aesthetically was pleasing on the eye and a very nice layout, but again the dev team screwed up to all hell the boss tuning after the first three requiring you to have the old 54 points paragon trait or you were a liability to your raid which put the AP grind in the forefront, until that point it was a thing but not too widespread, then they 'rebalanced' all stats and gave us a new paragon trait because the old one was too powerful, cue the tomb of soageras where if you don't have a full roster you can't realistically clear content in a timely fashion, this latest tier has decimated (and i mean that in the literal sense here) all raiding guilds across the spectrum with the extreme emphasis on those of us that clear mythic lvl content with this tier seeing the lowest participation turnout for a raid tier since sunwell.

>lore, it has been changed and chopped so often that nobody knows wtf is going on anymore, you have the chronicle book series which is the comprehensive story of warcraft from start to finish, then you have the in game lore which completely contradicts what chronicle tells us, so you tell me, then you have the story of legion, it's not told in game why we must enter the emerald nightmare to fight xavius (who serves the old gods first the legion second), it was not told why we were forced to kill helya in ToV and why odyn banished her in the first place, the nightborne and nightfallen is done relatively well i'll give you that and suramar as a zone is probably the best thing blizzard have produced to date, and tomb while aesthetically nice i have mentioned why it will forever be remembered as a meme mid tier raid and a very poor one at that.

>dungeons, at this point it is the M+ system (or mythic keystone as blizz are pushing it) that is keeping the game going right now, and is the best feature bar none that legion has brought.

overall this expansion gets a solid 4/10 this might change as we get to antorus but without some kind of magic pulling something out of their ass to save mythic raiding then i can only see bad times ahead.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Considering it's barely breaking WoD records according to earning's reports, I think we can conclude that "on paper" it's the second-worst Blizzard has had (therefore, worse than at least count 'em: one, two, three, four expansions of WoW alone), let alone in the history of all MMOs (cough: FFXIV, cough: Guild Wars). Not a very titillating thought experiment.
    Um... one problem with that thought experiment. "Barely breaking WoD's earnings" still means it's higher than FFXIV, GW2, etc. can ever dream of.

Also, if we measure by earnings, doesn't that make Cata the best expansion? When in fact it was merely at the peak of a cultural phenomenon, and indeed arguably helped to end that phenomenon (by making WoW less fun and accessible when it most needed to be more fun and accessible). Obviously earnings are a bit misleading.

Indeed the "peak earnings" expansion is often the one that heralds the financial decline of the game. Just look at DAoC and Trials of Atlantis. DAoC peaked in pop and profits during ToA, but ToA had sown the seeds of DAoC's destruction, so could it really be called the "best" expansion? It had the most content and most daring content of any DAoC expansion, but...

I think what's remarkable about Legion is that it seems (seems!) to have turned things around, earnings-wise, from WoD. It may not be much higher (I dunno), but to be higher, in the 13th year of an MMO? I don't think that's ever happened, not from an expansion. People were predicting, back in 2009/10, that WoW would have gone F2P by 2014, let alone 2017.

That is just no fucking way that legion is that good. TBC and Wrath were so fucking far much better than this crap legion. Cata and WoD still the most disgusting piece of shit blizzard ever made, pandland comes next and right after legion. So dont be such fanboy.

Deleted
    Noticeably weaker than WotLK, so 7/10 at best as long as WotLK is 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Meh. It was the best. Though, that doesn't make it good. None of the Expansions were good.
    you sound like a fun person at parties...

OP: yes, I'd say it is the best MMO xpac ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    you sound like a fun person at parties...

OP: yes, I'd say it is the best MMO xpac ever.
    Every party needs a pooper, that's why they invited me.

Party pooper, Party pooper.

It's easy to look good for an expansion that follows shitlords of nocontent-draenor, at the same time cataclysm was bashed beyond any reason for coming right after wotlk, best overall expansion for me
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

5+ Year Old Account
    Narratively speaking... I'd say yes.

They've paid off decades of buildup, introduced new enemies, kept rivalries hot, brought back old friends, gave us one of the most requested classes in the history of the game, and given our characters a defined place within the world as a leader of their classes wielding artifacts of incredible power.

Mechanically, I'd still say yes. They've introduced new tech in the form of the WQ hubbing, which could allow them to create new encounters and questing areas in old zones through phased hubbing. They brought transmogging to a whole new level. Their raid bosses have completely new mechanics rather than the same old mechanics rehashed into a new pattern. And they found a way to use the Mission Table/Followers system in a way that not only makes sense but isn't an isolating expenditure of time.

The only way I'd say this expansion failed is in community involvement. The Devs and designers don't really hop in the game as part of community events or RP nights or anything like that, but it's probably a bridge too far to ask for something like that.

Overall, Legion has become my favorite expansion. Wrath behind that, with Mists in third place. Cata, BC, and Wod pulling up the rear in that order.