Poll: WoW's Balancing Team. How is it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's impossible to say how good or bad a balancing team is. It's outright impossible to perfectly balance a game, and people will always flock to what the community deems "OP".

The fact that classes are this close together, despite being completely different, is impressive in and of itself.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You need to be careful Mr Finger. I realise you are having to defend Blizzard so according to you balance is spot on but they could re balance the game next week which you will also have to defend. You could end up in a real Fanboy quandary.
    Stop whining, it's childish. At some point in your life, you're just gonna have to get over your screaming fits in this game, and this might well be the time. It's been what, 14 years now? And you're probably of full age by now.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2017-10-15 at 06:31 AM.

I honestly hate the term "balancing" and wish they'd go back to Vanilla. There were your pure dps classes and support classes, both which were needed/desired in raids. Now its all just about how high your numbers are on boss fights, there's nothing unique about any of the classes except who's at the top and who's at the bottom. In Vanilla/TBC and most of Wrath I knew playing my Retadin that I wasn't going to be anywhere near the top in dps numbers but I brought seals, blessings and aura's to the game along with some off healing and high survivability. That's the way it should be, I mean if this is still a RPG and based on story/lore I'm sorry but there's no way a paladin or warrior should put up the damage numbers of a mage/warlock/hunter. That being said as a paladin or warrior you should also be able to stand in melee/target's hit box and last a while whereas a caster should get shredded if they're up close... screw the "balance" bring back more RPG/Lore

Blizz have the BEST game designers the industry has to offer, period. Their work is simply divine and you trolls should be thankful.

Horrifying garbage.

Guys, its very easy. The devs are intentionally unbalancing the classes because they want the classes THEY play to remain on top.

Same thing with legendaries. Some legendary is op, but it so happens that certain dev got lucky and looted it before Emerald Nightmare opened. You think he will nerf it? pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    considering how asymmetric the class design of World of Warcraft is, the number of specialization, with all the variables and ramifications that every small change can have, in the grand scheme of things they're doing overall a good job or they could be at least be doing much much worse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Stop whining, it's childish. At some point in your life, you're just gonna have to get over your screaming fits in this game, and this might well be the time. It's been what, 14 years now? And you're probably of full age by now.
    I'm not whining, whatever gave you that idea? You are the one whining about people having a different opinion to Blizzard in a thread that you find incredibly boring.

I'm not whining, whatever gave you that idea? You are the one whining about people having a different opinion to Blizzard in a thread that you find incredibly boring.
    Whining is so very much part of your DNA that you can't even think of anything else. It's typical for all people of this type. It's called projection. Only a mentally slow person would call what I'm doing "whining".

In fact, you're already whining again; you're whining about me.

Deleted
    Whining is so very much part of your DNA that you can't even think of anything else. It's typical for all people of this type. It's called projection. Only a mentally slow person would call what I'm doing "whining".

In fact, you're already whining again; you're whining about me.
    People of this type? Do you mean people capable of having an independent thought? In any case, I haven't said anything about the balance of the game, I just pointed out the flaw in what you said.

People of this type? Do you mean people capable of having an independent thought? In any case, I haven't said anything about the balance of the game, I just pointed out the flaw in what you said.
    That's not how that works, Nigel. Whining about WoW devs is probably the last thing one could call "independent thoughts".

Worst in the history of the game due to pruning.

Balancing has been below average but not that worse than some other expansions.

Deleted
    That's not how that works, Nigel. Whining about WoW devs is probably the last thing one could call "independent thoughts".
    Expressing any opinion either for against Blizzard is evidence of independent thought providing its balanced - no one likes or hates every aspect.

Coming into a thread that you find "incredibly boring" just to defend Blizzard however is questionable. They are a multi billion dollar company, they don't need you to constantly defend them.

Expressing any opinion either for against Blizzard is evidence of independent thought providing its balanced - no one likes or hates every aspect.

Coming into a thread that you find "incredibly boring" just to defend Blizzard however is questionable. They are a multi billion dollar company, they don't need you to constantly defend them.
    I didn't defend Blizzard. I mocked the ridiculous "discussion". Big difference.

But that's where we come full circle. Whiners are compulsive and immature creatures. They think that if you're not one of them, you can possilbly only be "THE OTHER". Their brains, twisted by irrational pain, can only process that kind of dichotomy. They live in this trainwreck reality where anyone who isn't as pathetically outraged as them must be a "fanboy" or a blind "Blizzard defender". It just hurts so much that not everyone shares their plight. They can't wrap their heads around that. Such is the frail and pitiful mind of the whiner.

Yes, this whole vaginal whine is incredibly boring. I made the whole thread more interesting, which is evident in the fact that you're still around. I don't expect thanks, but objectivity.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2017-10-16 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted

But that's where we come full circle. Whiners are compulsive and immature creatures. They think that if you're not one of them, you can possilbly only be "THE OTHER". Their brains, twisted by irrational pain, can only process that kind of dichotomy. They live in this trainwreck reality where anyone who isn't as pathetically outraged as them must be a "fanboy" or a blind "Blizzard defender". It just hurts so much that not everyone shares their plight. They can't wrap their heads around that. Such is the frail and pitiful mind of the whiner.

Yes, this whole vaginal whine is incredibly boring. I made the whole thread more interesting, which is evident in the fact that you're still around. I don't expect thanks, but objectivity.
    I love flame wars but i don't see how this discussion is ridiculous.
    I mean Blizzard have no balls to change the game drastically mid-expansion and in games like League of Legends we see changes every week. Nerfs to the ground, buffs, reworks etc
    It's almost as if the "Balancing team" doesn't have any power over the game "mid-expansion".

Deleted

You suggested they had no right to complain because they don't understand how it works or what it entails, which is a pointless statement because they don't need to.

People who complain without any basis are annoying but no more so than people who constantly leap to the defense.

And no, there's nothing interesting about someone who constantly does the later so don't flatter yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I mean Blizzard have no balls to change the game drastically mid-expansion and in games like League of Legends we see changes every week. Nerfs to the ground, buffs, reworks etc
    It's almost as if the "Balancing team" doesn't have any power over the game "mid-expansion".
    Counting WoD this will make Legion two expansions in a row where they are afraid of "major balance changes" mid expansion. The last time this game has seen major balance changes mid expansion was MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    considering how asymmetric the class design of World of Warcraft is, the number of specialization, with all the variables and ramifications that every small change can have, in the grand scheme of things they're doing overall a good job or they could be at least be doing much much worse
    I agree, I don't think they're the "best developers in the world", but not that long ago, WoW had specs that were 100% not viable for certain aspects of the game, and people shrugged and dealt with it. Now there's a 15% or less margin from the top to the bottom.

Professionals and eSport players will obviously minmax the hell out of those numbers, but the average player can be skilled enough with a "broken" class/spec to beat another average player who not so skillfully plays a "OP" class/spec.

Of course, people are passionate and impulsive, and whenever they aren't topping meters they yell that Blizzard is full of lazy, incompetent people who can't do basic math. But I've mained a shadow priest for ten years (talk about suffering) and, while we're not in our best moment (that'd be 5.3 in my opinion), we're far from when we were absolutely useless to the raid as a dps and only provided mana for the healers.

The thing I've come to believe is that they've overstretched themselves with too many specs, most often completely useless specs actually. This usually applies to DPS classes.

Hunters don't need three DPS specs, rogues don't need three DPS specs, warlocks don't need three DPS specs, druids don't need two DPS specs, warriors don't need two DPS specs and so on.

If you think about it, they could easily fit in at least two or three new classes with two specs each and have the same amount of work going as they are now when it comes to balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Carefull when comparing both games in terms of Balancing.

While league has way more champions then Wow has in classes, but each has only 5 abilities to balance.Even so, some champions that are way stronger then others or really really weak.(Thats why we get reworkrs every couple of months, and not everytime they become good(Yorick and Urgot).

Like i said, only 5 spells, one of which is passive.So creating a new champion or kit of a old champion is not that difficult compared to a class or spec with 10+ spells.Thats why see huge changes between expansions and not mid expansion.

Not only that, but League have ways to counter OP champions.Bans(They even increased the amount of it) and Random modes.

You can't ban classes/specs or given a random class to play in wow