Poll: How much meat and/or cheese do you consume?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I laughed at these poll choices. Maybe it's an American thing but meat and cheese 1-2 times a day is so ordinary I don't even think twice about it. What the fuck else do you even eat if you aren't vegan/vegetarian. Like fuck I'm gonna do that.

And are we talking red meat? Because I eat that far less than chicken which is more lean and less cancerous.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-10-15 at 05:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I laughed at these poll choices. Maybe it's an American thing but meat and cheese 1-2 times a day is so ordinary I don't even think twice about it. What the fuck else do you even eat if you aren't vegan/vegetarian. Like fuck I'm gonna do that.

And are we talking red meat? Because I eat that far less than chicken which is more lean and less cancerous.
    In the US, things like meat, eggs, and cheese have been demonized by the cereal industry. Not because of conspiracy theories or anything like that, simply because they want people buying their garbage rather than decent food (in other words, it's all about money just like everything else here). They managed to get the "traditional" breakfast of bacon and eggs replaced with sugary cereal by marketing it as "healthy" while saying blatantly false things like "eating meats and fats makes you fat, gives you heart disease, and causes cholesterol". Amusingly enough, they actually CAUSED the health problems they were claiming to prevent by doing so. Obesity, heart disease, and diabetes are all caused by excess carbohydrates. But yeah...the whole "meat is bad for you" thing is an urban legend started intentionally by cereal companies, and there is no truth to it whatsoever. I haven't eaten cereal in years. I eat a lot of eggs, at least 3/day, sometimes more. I eat a lot of bacon, cheese, and other meats. I will only get whole milk, no 2% or skim. The only sugary thing I haven't been able to completely drop is soda, but I've been trying to drink a lot less of it. Just had a health checkup too. Blood pressure, fine. Cholesterol, fine. Weight, fine. Blood sugar, fine.

It is possible to completely drop carbohydrates from your diet and still be perfectly healthy. The inuits actually do that, they live on a diet of basically nothing but meat and they have no nutritional deficiencies whatsoever. It's been tested. You CANNOT drop protein and fat from your diet. It simply cannot be done, you would either die of malnutrition in a hurry or have to take HUGE amounts of supplements.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-10-15 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    The pun is strong with this one
    What's red and white on the outside and grey on the inside?
    Campbell's Cream of Elephant Soup!

Humor that's still several levels above what you seem able to muster. You'll get there in a few years. :P
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only time I eat cheese is when I eat a sandwich(Cheeseburger etc). Meat wise I rarely eat red meats and stick to seafood.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Meat and cheese are much healthier than a carb-filled vegan diet.
    Just because you're vegan doesn't mean you replace a good steak with 3 pizzas and a vegan lasagna.

On topic, I eat meat and/or cheese almost daily. They're rich in protein and fat, which is perfect for my low carb(ish) lifestyle.

Meat everyday. Cheese anywhere between 1-4 times a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I eat tons of cheese, yogurt, milk and a modest amount of butter and cream. Pretty much all the dairy stuff. Especially lowfat cottage cheese, I'll have 200g of that every day with lunch. Quite low in calories and it's mostly from protein. It's really cheap too. Meat I'll usually have once or twice a week, which is chicken breast more often than not. Either way I don't tend to eat a lot of meat. Any of the fake vegan/vegetarian butter, cheese, eggs, etc just don't hold a candle to the real thing.

Just FYI, Somatotypes have been thoroughly debunked and not based on any sound scientific theories. It's quackery.
    Will I could agree someway, there is clearly some truth to it or other reasons because I eat tonloads of fat products and yet I seem to get no bodyfat gains. While other people are trying hard as fuck to eat almost nothing and still gain more then me. Metabolism is real.

I eat meat once a day easily. Usually chicken any my wife cooks it in a healthy (but less tasty) way. Beef a couple times a week. Usually a steak one of those nights and then something like burgers or another lower quality beef dish on the other.

Cheese on the other hand is a little less eaten. Maybe every couple days we will have a side that has some cheese on it. Or again if we have something like burgers a slice of cheese on it. Cheese is usually eaten most when we go out to eat. Seem to put cheese on a ton of shit in restaurants around here.

Quote Originally Posted by patuxz View Post
    In Finland we have a big vegan boom going on.
    January is "Vegan challenge month" for 30 days.
    And October is No-Meat month.
    Both months receive some press coverage.
    I think these challenges are a good way to make people try it out. Due to that, there's a lot less effort to try to convince others. People don't like to be told what to do these days. I think veganism is a law of attraction type thing, some may like it, some don't, but it's up to the personal choice.

I'd make two different threads, one for this question, and one for (pro)-veganism. Not a good idea to combine both viewpoints in one thread.
    Yes, and a good way to waste a lot of ressources, it is almost as great an idea as campaining to have whole cities switch off the light at the same time.
    Having things like these synchronised is a really bad idea for the system, but obviously the ones proposing it are aware of it because that damage they deal is welcome to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah this co worker I’ve known years and he makes great points. The processed meats seem unavoidable. It’s a blind spot I didn’t know I had.
    That sounds like a problem about your lifestyle and maybe the place you life at.
    Processed meats are usually easily avoidable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Although he is convinced humans are born plant eaters. Something about teeth and placement etc.
    Sounds like he made up his mind forst, then searched (sloppily) for arguments to support that, and found others who made up their arguments, too.
    Human teeth indicate we are omnivores and our brains could not have developed the way they are on uncooked plant matter. We can now use them to survive solely on plants, but it wasn't a diet of plants that gave us the opportunity develope that ingenuity.

I eat chicken the most often, some sort of meat chicken/redmeat/fish/ daily, cheese often at least once a week sometimes not.

A lot less since I saw this movie about processed foods and how they are basically the cause of all health problems. That's health issues as big and deadly as cancer and as little and simply uncomfortable like IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    A lot less since I saw this movie about processed foods and how they are basically the cause of all health problems.
    I heard back before we had processed foods no one ever died of anything.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

my main food at work is oscar meyer's P3 protein snacks, so i eat tons of meat and cheese and nuts. i cut out a shit ton of bread and ive dropped weight like this. it evens out with my massive beer intake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I heard back before we had processed foods no one ever died of anything.
    yeah we didnt have time to die from cancer or heart disease, because we were dying from an infected scab at the age of 30
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, and a good way to waste a lot of ressources, it is almost as great an idea as campaining to have whole cities switch off the light at the same time.
    Having things like these synchronised is a really bad idea for the system, but obviously the ones proposing it are aware of it because that damage they deal is welcome to them.
    It's just a social media thing, no resources are wasted. No one is forced to try veganism. We're not that hippie in scandinavia (yet).
    If anything, there's a lot of opposition for veganism and people are biased towards traditional diets.

For variety of opinion, I'll post my viewpoint. I've been vegan for 9 months.
    For breakfast I eat smoothies, nuts, fruits and oatmeal. Also some processed stuff like soy yoghurt, vegan pizza and hamburgers. For dinner I often buy vegan convenience food since I'm a bad cook.
    I'm avg height but always been skinny. No issues at all with hunger or energy levels as vegan. I go to gym 3 times a week and I'm making slow progress there. I supplement B12 and Iron.
    I had no problem giving up meat since I was only a traditional meat eater who didn't see alternative.
    I'm vegan because I feel the best this way physically.
    Just wanted to share this viewpoint because someone might benefit from it and clear some misconceptions. /nohate

i dont like meat so only cheese is left.. but i dont eat much bread anymore so only on my noodles or my pizza :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I eat meat every single day.

Cheese a few times a week.
    Same with meat...maybe a bit more with cheese.

I've considered lowering my meat intake a little but I always forget my grocery list and improvise. I was thinking about cutting out some sandwiches in my weekly consumption and add more salads...but even then I usually like to add a little bit of meat to a meal salad. I don't need cheese in a salad so at least there is that? lol

Wow i feel really dirty after reading this 11 pages.
    600-1000g meat a day or 3 times meat per day is just disgusting.
    Thanks for destroying our planet and enjoy your massproduced meat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I very much feel like I'd die soon without my whole grain bread at morning and 3-5 times of noodles/rice per week at least. I actually tried it. No fucking way. The amounts of meat/fish/diary I'd need to feel anywhere close of satisfied would obliterate my daily calorie budget - per meal even.
    I said you CAN completely drop all carbohydrates and be healthy. I didn't say you have to. In reality, low carb is much more practical than zero carb.

I've already eaten 1lb of meat today, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I said you CAN completely drop all carbohydrates and be healthy. I didn't say you have to. In reality, low carb is much more practical than zero carb.

I've already eaten 1lb of meat today, lol.
    That depends on what you mean by healthy. Try exercising with low or depleted glycogen. You won't make it very far. Carbs replenish glycogen. They also increase blood glucose which is very important for your brain and nervous system.

But of course an excess of carbs can be unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    That depends on what you mean by healthy. Try exercising with low or depleted glycogen. You won't make it very far.
    Muscles can be trained to use more fat instead of glucose. This is an active area of research in sports medicine.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"