Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    a christian baker has the right to not bake a cake for a gay wedding, he's an asshole for not doing to, but he should have the option to do business with whomever he wants

a gay barista is also more than welcome to kick out anyone he wants, and if he does it based purely on their religion he's also an asshole, but it's his choice to do so.

however, if he in fact kicked them out for distributing anti abortion literature, then it's totally different from the cake guy.

one's prejudice the other's just a reaction to an action
    unless of course the soon to be married gay couple was also handing out literature agressively trying to turn people gay.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-10-15 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    basically he has the house right. (dont now about american customs, in austria / most of central europe, the owner decides who gets served and who not), but why all the hate for christians in this forum? Muslims, Jews are much more into this anti gay and anti abortion thing than most christian branches.
    Because Christians in the US are their own brand of ignorant.

After all, these are grown as men and women that believe in angels

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, it really is anti-gay.

You do realize that there are varying degrees of such things, right? Wanting to ban gay marriage is also anti-gay, as is thinking that gay people are going to hell.
    Thinking that gay people are going to hell is anti-gay in the same way that thinking that people who eat pork go to hell is anti-pig. It's not like muslims hate pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I didn't suggest Death, I suggested banishment.

Death would be too easy a punishment.

And yes, Christians DO technically believe in fairies. Apparently they are the spirits caught in limbo.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a dirty believer, aren't you Anduin? Wretch.
    You realize that atheists have been responsible for more deaths in the 20th century, than religion in the last 500.

Stalin, map, pol pot, ho chi min....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No but Jesus Christ can “save him” from that lifestyle
    That's what Christians believe. Some Christians at least. Wanting to save someone is not a display of hate though, it's a display of compassion, empathy and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You don't know what impolite means. Would it also be impolite to make a video of animals getting slaughtered? Pointing out something that you might find disgusting to look at, is not impolite. Especially if done as a means to bring attention to something in order to change it. Insulting someone directly is impolite however.
    So, if the gay owner was distributing a flyer of him sodomizing Jesus, that wouldn't make him an asshole, and he wouldn't be impolite? Good to know.

Once again, they are impolite assholes, just like him.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what Christians believe. Some Christians at least. Wanting to save someone is not a display of hate though, it's a display of compassion, empathy and kindness.
    It does make them anti-gay.

Why is he a dickbag in your opinion
    His behavior.

"Ill fuck Christ in the ass..."

1. Just kinda a douchey thing to say, he was attempting to be as offensive as possible towards people who did nothing to him personally.

2. You know damn well that if he had been addressing Muslims and talked about fucking Muhammad in the ass, this would be national news.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    But I don't have faith in the free market for regulating itself fairly.
    I'm trying to think of a time when the market actually worked in favor of social cohesion.

I'm coming up blank.

10+ Year Old Account
    usually I go places and see a big sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they didn't just go tbh owner was clearly a drama queen
    They already paid for the service, If the owner wanted them to go he should have provided them with plastic cups and that's it. Instead he decided to be a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Because Christians in the US are their own brand of ignorant.

After all, these are grown as men and women that believe in angels
    Being ignorant isnt grounds for refusing someone service.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Coffee shop owner went a bit of the rails with his rant.

But I don't have faith in the free market for regulating itself fairly.

The baker was wrong for refusing to bake any cakes for gay people in general, but the coffee shop owner did not kick these people out for being christian - so it's wrong to compare the two cases. Matt Christensen is dead wrong in how he compares the two.
    It's the principle of the matter, either all businesses can discriminate on who they want to serve, or none can at all. You don't get to have it both ways and pretend youre not a hypocrite.

If I had to choose, I'd chose on the side of liberty.

Deleted
    So, if the gay owner was distributing a flyer of him sodomizing Jesus, that wouldn't make him an asshole, and he wouldn't be impolite? Good to know.
    Uh, terrible comparison. They are bringing attention to something that is happening in society, which they believe is horrible. He is intentionally trying to insult a group. Insulting someone is impolite. Activism isn't.

It does make them anti-gay.
    You are not even trying to make an argument. I'm out.

Deleted
    It's not anti-gay to believe that heterosexuality is a better lifestyle or that homosexuality is a sin. Antigay would be to support throwing gay people off of buildings. They simply believe that homosexual people need to be saved, and that they deserve to be saved. No anti-gay person would show that kind of compassion and empathy towards gay people.
    HILARIOUS QUOTE Of THE DAY

Congratulations

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You realize that atheists have been responsible for more deaths in the 20th century, than religion in the last 500.

Stalin, map, pol pot, ho chi min....
    Wait I thought that was because of communism. So now it's not communism, it's atheism that killed all those people?

Uh, terrible comparison. They are bringing attention to something that is happening in society, which they believe is horrible. He is intentionally trying to insult a group. Insulting someone is impolite. Activism isn't.

You are not even trying to make an argument. I'm out.
    And they are doing it in a vile and disgusting fashion. They didn't need to be impolite assholes.

Once again, their stance is decidedly anti-gay. They actually believe he needs to be saved from his lifestyle, meaning they oppose the fact that he is gay.

Therefore, they are anti-gay. It's not really that complicated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    His behavior.

"Ill fuck Christ in the ass..."

1. Just kinda a douchey thing to say, he was attempting to be as offensive as possible towards people who did nothing to him personally.

2. You know damn well that if he had been addressing Muslims and talked about fucking Muhammad in the ass, this would be national news.
    They did say Jesus Christ can “save him” from that lifestyle which is a red rag to a bull

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a mess of insults, clickbait, and religious discussion

closing