Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Ahhhh, so they conflated the GFK survey with another one to get to their "findings" with the hopes of convincing readers. Thank you for digging through that mess! I saw the source, topic, and was unable to find an actual page with all their methodology and results and nope'd out of it. If it isn't in a proper study form I rarely read or trust the findings since so much opinion can be thrown into an article "explaining the findings".
    Well, it depends on who you mean by "they" here. If you mean Slate writers, then actually no. I got it straight from their article (admittedly, Slate-anything sure is a mess to dig through). They make it clear they made their own survey later on and the data advanta regurgitated here came from that one. There isn't even a single reference towards political views of the participants in regards to the first study made by GfK, which is covered rather early in the article, so that should have already been a red flag.

Now, that's not to say Slate isn't without fault, the entire second paragraph, as well as the last bit about lack of disclosure (speaking of which, the lack of disclosure about the second survey kinda inhibits anyone willing to dig further than I did from getting anything tangible) in the first paragraph was about what they did wrong. But at least, unlike advanta, they didn't try to prop that 52% number by running GfK's name through the mud. But if by "they" you're referring to advanta, then yes.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-15 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

so first you called everybody who disagreed with you a bigot...but that stopped working
    then you moved to calling everybody RACIST, but even that lost its punch eventually
    so here we are, at the last holdout of the thought police....how long will NAZI crying be a thing i wonder

we need a group picture before it all fades into memory, everybody smile and say DEAD NARRATIVE

Deleted
    Honestly, I thought there was a Wolfenstein II already years ago. But then again I don't follow gaming news that closely.

For the record, I'm all for making not only my country, but the whole world Nazi-free, Communist-free and Islamist-free... permanently. Feeling uncomfortable, comrades?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Why is being anti-Nazi a controversial topic these days?
    Because the US constitution allows freedom of speech which includes hate speech which in turn allows people to be Nazis and spout all bigoted shit that comes with it and now they think they deserve to live a life free of discrimination lol.

Quick to complain that their "rights" are being violated, without any regard for anyone they are trying to exclude.
    Bunch of hypocrites.
    If you want to demand that you have rights, such as on free speech and such then you have to accept that someone can call you out for what you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    it already is nazi free

its like saying all white people are racist

- - - Updated - - -

to act like nazi's are a real issue when they are not

even if there are idiots out there who like nazi's they are not part of the government they hold no power they are nothing to try and make a big deal out of them is a joke
    The video game is about nazis in America.... it is kind of their franchise. Ya know, nazis won ww2 and spread across the globe? They used trumps meme to advertise a game about removing Nazis from their fictional America.

Deleted
    There are no nazis anymore but there are neo-nazis. think much?

Quote Originally Posted by sad in the eye View Post
    There are no nazis anymore but there are neo-nazis. think much?
    Like the Aryan Brotherhood? Like Golden Dawn? Like Svoboda?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The video game is about nazis in America.... it is kind of their franchise. Ya know, nazis won ww2 and spread across the globe? They used trumps meme to advertise a game about removing Nazis from their fictional America.
    If it was a Star Wars game and it was about Sith Lords taking over a fictional America, wouldn't that seem like a bizarre concept to you? Most people have this type of reaction to such an idea because the idea of crossing a completely fictional universe like Star Wars with a historical place or period causes cognitive dissonance. Historical fiction like Wolfenstein circumvents this reaction, but in reality the only thing that makes the Nazis in Wolfenstein different from Sith Lords is cultural context, which acts like a brain hack to circumvent the cognitive dissonance. It is in this that you see how powerful cultural context is, and why calling somebody you don't like a 'Nazi' has become an extremely powerful rhetorical weapon in our society.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    "Ya know" there was no Nazi's in the USA you should look up WW2?

- - - Updated - - -

google the word "context" if people were not running around calling donald trump and his supporters nazi's and white supremists nobody would care about the wolfenstein tweet

if you just had a miscarriage and someone came along who knew about it and said something like "aint life great without children" you may react emotionally

the word of the day for you is "context" please learn it
    "In a fictional world where Nazis won world war 2 and SPREAD ACROSS THE GLOBE"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If it was a Star Wars game and it was about Sith Lords taking over a fictional America, wouldn't that seem like a bizarre concept to you? Most people have this type of reaction to such an idea because the idea of crossing a completely fictional universe like Star Wars with a historical place or period causes cognitive dissonance. Historical fiction like Wolfenstein circumvents this reaction, but in reality the only thing that makes the Nazis in Wolfenstein different from Sith Lords is cultural context, which acts like a brain hack to circumvent the cognitive dissonance. It is in this that you see how powerful cultural context is, and why calling somebody you don't like a 'Nazi' has become an extremely powerful rhetorical weapon in our society.
    Its a video game, stop being such a social justice warrior and looking too far into the advertising and video game universe that has been around for fucking decades. We need #gamergate here because apparently people are freaking out over video games again for idiotic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I like how that video goes:
    "It would be very bad to remove politics entirely from Media... - sure we could ask ourselves how much is enough and that people don't like it being pushed in their face......- but hey, it'd be really bad to remove politics entirely from Media."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I like how that video goes:
    "It would be very bad to remove politics entirely from Media... - sure we could ask ourselves how much is enough and that people don't like it being pushed in their face......- but hey, it'd be really bad to remove politics entirely from Media."
    It's impossible to remove politics from media.

It's impossible to remove politics from media.
    I see you are doing exactly what they do on the video~ well done, champ!

I see you are doing exactly what they do on the video~ well done, champ!
    So you claim it's possible to remove politics from media?

So you claim it's possible to remove politics from media?
    Saw me making such claim?

Saw me making such claim?
    I don't really know if you are doing anything besides taking up data with your last three comments.

I don't really know if you are doing anything besides taking up data with your last three comments.
    Rose: "Oh, golly, I wish we lived in a world without the pain and suffering that comes from war.."
    Donald J. Trump: "I'm sorry to inform you but said world is unlikely to be a reality any time soon. Suuuure, we could try to minimize the amount of wars and aggressive actions... but that's not really what you asked for, right? So yeah, this is how it'll be, we won't get that world anytime soon. Sorry!"

More data for ya regressive arse

Exactly what is happening in this thread and that video summed it up perfectly.
    Some people complained that they are tired of current politic events and narratives being pushed down their faces? They must hate that Nazis are being killed!
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2017-10-15 at 05:26 PM.

snip
    The video was meant for those countless people who constantly whine about politics being present in media. The argument of whether it is too on the nose to parody Trump's meme slogan is another matter that depends on your subjective view of things.

The video was meant for those countless people who constantly whine about politics being present in media. The argument of whether it is too on the nose to parody Trump's meme slogan is another matter that depends on your subjective view of things.
    But that's the actually core of the discussion. If something is impossible to achieve - don't get stuck on that - focus on what can be achieved. In this case, tone down or downright avoid unnecessarily push them down people's throats.

But marketing is scummy. And politics, just like sex, sells. I'm not one bit bothered by that. I can however put my finger on it and state that it's scummy.