Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post

It isn't about catching them carrying it. It's about being able to reclassify it as a weapon to deter it's use. It gets used in the UK as an alternative to a knife/crobar because it's not considered a weapon, ergo carries a dramatically lower minimum sentence for GBH opposed to assault with a weapon.

If used as a weapon then the courts could class it as a firearm if they wanted.

I'm not sure if it needs to be linked to the 2nd section to be considered one.
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27

(b)any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing; and

[(c)any cartridge with a bullet designed to explode on or immediately before impact, any ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain any such noxious thing as is mentioned in paragraph (b) above and, if capable of being used with a firearm of any description, any grenade, bomb (or other like missile), or rocket or shell designed to explode as aforesaid.]

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Its still removing freedom from natives for no good reason just because the invaders cant leave their culture at home.
    This post is what happens when people put ideology above pragmatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I'm so sick of this shit.

What kind of person carries acid around as a weapon.

Like, let's not just seriously injure them, let's fuck up their face and ruin their lives if they do survive.

Its still removing freedom from natives for no good reason just because the invaders cant leave their culture at home.
    Yah I always like to keep deadly acids around for duck hunting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The freedom to carry acid around in public for no reason...
    I've needed acid for cleaning some stuff in the past. Not to mention that regular drain openers are heavily corrosive.

The point is that laws like this (ban people from carrying stuff x or y) are hindering the common people's honest, daily business, but aren't doing anything about the actual problem: certain barbaric cultures that twist everything into a means of "honor" violence, theft or other brutality.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people really misunderstand how common and useful various strong acids and bases are. Pretty much anyone who is going to DIY anything at home is going to be using them at some point or another, it'd be absurd to try and heavily restrict ownership or transportation of them.

That being said, I can't think of any time where I have ever transported an acid or base of any significance in an open or easy-to-access manner. That kind of thing generally goes from being a sealed container in a store, to being a sealed container in the trunk of my car, to being where I store that type of thing at home when it's not being actively used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Import such cultures? You moron. I'm right leaning and even I can tell you that white kids have been usuing acid in robberies - not just those of middle-eastern origin using it in 'honour' attacks.
    Where do you think that white trash got the idea from? Acid attacks were virtually unknown in Western countries before the age of multiculturalism.

How do you catch someone carrying acid in public? If I would want throw acid in someone's face I certainly wouldn't carry it in a jar with a big label "ACID" on it. Also, even if I would do that for some reason and I would get caught, the second time would I carry the same jar with the big label to be caught the second time WHAT THE FUCK LOL

You know why terrorists and criminals and the like will never cease to exist? Because people "fighting" them are pussies. If I were the one in charge, anyone caught carrying acid would be forced to drink all the acid. And anyone that dared to attack someone with acid would be dipped in acid slowly, on live TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    How do you catch someone carrying acid in public? If I would want throw acid in someone's face I certainly wouldn't carry it in a jar with a big label "ACID" on it. Also, even if I would do that for some reason and I would get caught, the second time would I carry the same jar with the big label to be caught the second time WHAT THE FUCK LOL

You know why terrorists and criminals and the like will never cease to exist? Because people "fighting" them are pussies. If I were the one in charge, anyone caught carrying acid would be forced to drink all the acid. And anyone that dared to attack someone with acid would be dipped in acid slowly, on live TV.
    It's so when they stop and search loitering gangs and find nothing but acid because they're avoiding knives, they have something else to charge them with. These people do get searched multiple times, because the police recognise them and their groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I'm so sick of this shit.

What kind of person carries acid around as a weapon.
    People larping shadow priests?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-14/p...onths-in-jail/

I completely agree with this, do you?
    No I don't it should be caught with it once, not twice. I see no reason why it should be twice, 9 times out of 10 I'm pretty sure the officer will be able to tell in a heart beat if who ever is carrying it, needs to be carrying it.

As for everyone commenting about pool cleaners.... lets pretend theres no one whose job it is to clean pools and every home home does their own. I'm pretty dammed sure if you're carrying it around, its from the shop to your home address or with other shopping for x reason. I doubt you're walking around a street with just that in your hands.

Also, (while I don't like to discriminate) Age and looks - aka how you dress - will be factors. A 18 year old kid walking around with a hoodie and a cannister of acid is far more likely to be up to something than a 30 odd year old man in a suit walking around with it.
    Last edited by Rotted; 2017-10-15 at 10:08 AM.

One time should be enough, should also be alot more then 6 months that's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    You on the other hand seem to be blind to almost everything.
    I'm guessing you missed the obvious sarcasm. Talk about being blind. If you really thought using chemicals to dispose of a body was a valid excuse, then there are bigger issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

In theory, this is not a bad thing, but practically, if this serves to search bags for no reason at all, it's a very bad thing, otherwise it would be impossible to enforce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, the stuff should have a legal limit on it anyways, like most other protected stuff. I mean in that if you purchase it, you should have to hand over forms of ID, and also provide some form of evidence of who you work for or such (construction companies and whatnot). The average joe really doesn't need any of the serious stuff for any reason that I can think of.
    No absolutely not, there's should be no regs infact there should be less. There's no need for regs because of an occasional acid attack that still happens in 1 in a million.

Or you know you could just not import such cultures in the first place instead of removing the freedom of everyone. You imported them you have to deal with their culture #Multiculturalismworks
    Not entirely how it works... Laws are still to be obeyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I clicked on this thread expecting it to be about LSD. What if you're a plumber or a painter though? Both tend to use corrosive substances (bases and acids respectively) as part of their job.

The amount of stupidity in this thread is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    What if you're a plumber or a painter though? Both tend to use corrosive substances (bases and acids respectively) as part of their job.
    The most repeated and most stupid idea in this thread and this is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I can't think of any time where I have ever transported an acid or base of any significance in an open or easy-to-access manner. That kind of thing generally goes from being a sealed container in a store, to being a sealed container in the trunk of my car, to being where I store that type of thing at home when it's not being actively used.
    Anyone legitimately using acid isn't walking around town or hanging out on a street corner with it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware white people are doing this?
    Religion = Race now?