Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Maybe a Piloswine or Tediursa?
    Hmm, they're both pre and post Blackthorn, I'm not that far just yet, I'll keep the suggestion for Piloswine open.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Eh, can't decide on the last 2 pokemon for my team in VC Gold, currently have: Golbat (going for Crobat), Flaffy, Pidgeotto and Quilava. I may get Eevee for either Umbron or Espeon.
    I'm playing the game right now too and I'm currently 5/8 done with Kanto gyms. ^^

Girafarig is good since you can get some nice moves on it and it's pretty fast too, right now mine has Shadow Ball/Psychic/Return/Earthquake. Umbreon and Espeon have access to most of those moves too though so it might not work as well with one of them. Another one to consider might be Quagsire since you don't have Water or Ground types yet.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2017-10-13 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I'm playing the game right now too and I'm currently 5/8 done with Kanto gyms. ^^

Girafarig is good since you can get some nice moves on it and it's pretty fast too, right now mine has Shadow Ball/Psychic/Return/Earthquake. Umbreon and Espeon have access to most of those moves too though so it might not work as well with one of them. Another one to consider might be Quagsire since you don't have Water or Ground types yet.
    I now have Krabby, so I maaay go for Kingler and Piloswine when I can get Swinub. But I'll think about going for Girafarig or Quagsire instead of one of the other two.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

This reminds me I actually never played the gen 2 remakes, hm... should have HG somewhere on the hdd...

15+ Year Old Account
    I got myself a Marshadow will try later this month for more codes to share with you guys and gals
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    I got myself a Marshadow will try later this month for more codes to share with you guys and gals
    For NA or Europe?

EDIT: Nevermind! I can't read the obvious.

It's pretty strange that we have run out of event Pokemon so quickly this generation; usually there'd be at least a couple more, but Game Freak decided to hand out Magerna early and Marshadow only a year into the generation. That just leaves the new versions to introduce new Pokemon at the end of the year... and they're not even event 'mons. Huh.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-10-14 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    For NA or Europe?

EDIT: Nevermind! I can't read the obvious.

It's pretty strange that we have run out of event Pokemon so quickly this generation; usually there'd be at least a couple more, but Game Freak decided to hand out Magerna early and Marshadow only a year into the generation. That just leaves the new versions to introduce new Pokemon at the end of the year... and they're not even event 'mons. Huh.
    This is first time ever they have introduced new Pokemon in the middle of a gen. USUM could have new mythicals too.

GF doesn't care about game compability anymore, only the latest pair needs to be able to communicate, otherwise people can transfer with PokéBank.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new merchandise item has confirmed that Mimikyu has it's own Z-move in USUM:

By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    A new merchandise item has confirmed that Mimikyu has it's own Z-move in USUM:

[IMG]https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/mimikiumztoy.jpg[/IG]
    Really wish they wouldn't push Z Moves so hard. They kind of made the same mistake with Mega evolutions and those grew tired, and were rather uninspired.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Really wish they wouldn't push Z Moves so hard. They kind of made the same mistake with Mega evolutions and those grew tired, and were rather uninspired.
    If they only would keep supporting these systems beyond the generation where they were the gimmick.

Problem with z-crystals is that as Lahis pointed out they can't be traded/transfered. So for example the Marshadow you get into S/M now you won't be able to fully utilize in US/UM as you won't have z-crystal there unless they implement NPC that will give you the z-crystal when showing him certain pokemon or they have new event later on. And knowing GF the former option probably won't cross their mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Problem with z-crystals is that as Lahis pointed out they can't be traded/transfered. So for example the Marshadow you get into S/M now you won't be able to fully utilize in US/UM as you won't have z-crystal there unless they implement NPC that will give you the z-crystal when showing him certain pokemon or they have new event later on. And knowing GF the former option probably won't cross their mind at all.
    yup, S/M didn't even have all the mega stones, they left half of them out and release codes for them later (which are fucking timed) after various competitions nobody outside japan has heard of.

I'm not bothering with getting marshadow, I hate gamestop so I don't want to step into one for a pokemon i'll never use.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

But but... gotta catch 'em all!

(Though I do believe they'll make Marshadow wifi distribution at some point once US/M hits the stores...)

15+ Year Old Account
    I have one EU Marshadow code up for grabs (afraid to ask for multiple and I won't go there everyday), PM me if you'd want to have it
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shiny Silvally event has had multiple new distributions announced. In North America, you'll be able to get it at Gamestop (US) or EB Games (Canada) from October 23rd to November 13th 2017 while in the UK you'll be able to get it at GAME from November 3rd through to November 16th 2017. The code can then be redeemed until February 13th 2018. This distribution matches ones that hit Japan, Korea and Taiwan last month. Our Event Database has been updated with the details of this event.
    Edit @ 18:54: Also confirmed to be in the GAME stores in Spain from November 3rd, Micromania in France, and Gamestop in Germany.

Bleh...why not a code.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    News from SerebiiJoe:

Some new information has come out about Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon via an interview in the Famitsu magazine which has leaked on a Japanese blog. At present, the magazine is not out so details may require further translation. It confirms that the game is further detailed than people believe with there being further post-game story content than before, saying it is far more in-depth than Pokémon Platinum and that the story is twice that of Pokémon Sun & Moon's. It also states that catching and training Pokémon will have elements to make it easier to obtain compared to Sun & Moon. It also confirms that you will encounter various Legendary Pokémon through the Ultra Wormholes when you travel through portals on Solgaleo & Lunala, including Legendary Pokémon, noting the possibility of Mewtwo. We'll bring more as it comes.

- - - Updated - - -

So, i was thinking. With the UBs, when we had version exclusives, the 2 shared a typing: Buzzwole and Pheromosa share Bug/Fighting, while Celesteela and Kartana share a steel typing. It seems like a solid trend.

So what if there are 2 more UBs that we dont know about that match up with Assembly and Burst?
    Neither of them have a common typing. And we dont know there Code number either, like how Buzz/Pher were UB02 and Celes/Kart were UB04.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm.... https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Resort_Area

I will take it with the grain of salt.

So the games will have ORAS portals to get legendaries for VGC2018 teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hmmm.... https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Resort_Area

I will take it with the grain of salt.
    Sinnoh contests? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...Generation_IV)
    Not gona happen.

- - - Updated - - -

English version:

Seems like this is the top of the city tower, so yeah no battle tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oh yeah, no. We have Battle Tree, which is the Tower on different coat of paint.