10+ Year Old Account
    Totally didn't notice this myself but someone else pointed it out to me. After that Avengers reference in the first episode of Kekkai Sensen S2, they actually got their shawarma! (link cause it's a big picture) https://i.imgur.com/41rE2DK.jpg Love it.

For those who wanted a link, I finished my Gunslinger Girl devotional. If you want to read something that sounds halfway like an analysis and halfway like a confession: http://neichusanime.blogspot.com/201...editation.html

Now to catch up on airing anime before school starts on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to mention this, but I finished rewatching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans with a friend the other day. I enjoyed it more the second time, and feel that some of my original criticisms were misplaced.

The most useful information to me was reading about what happened behind the scenes. IBO was slated for only one season at first, and since it was planned in advance the first season felt coherent with a unifying narrative about where they were going and what they were trying to accomplish. The uncertainty of a second season led them to certain choices that were detrimental (really, nobody died when Ein went rampaging through all the mobile suits outside Edmonton?).

Having a second season green lit, they didn't know where they were actually going and the first half of season two wanders around somewhat aimlessly. The arcs involving the Arbrau war and the Mobile Armor felt disjointed from the beginning. With ratings slipping the studio was told to wrap it up. And wrap it up it did, in one of the few cases in recent series where I felt the end was actually a pleasant surprise. Freed of the fear of a third season, the writers can actually kill characters off as the situation worsens. The conclusion, in which half of Tekkadan is killed to allow the other half to escape, is fitting. That the world gets better, even with the fall of our heroes, gives the series a hopeful twist with which to counter the brutal realism of an upstart mercenary band being crushed by the powers that be.

This explanation doesn't make the series "better" by itself, but on a second viewing I was better able to organize what was going on, and realize that despite its failings I had also been a poor observer. Several of the characters I mocked as insubstantiated turned out to have been built up more than I remembered; I suspect my first-viewing pattern of binge-wait-binge had something to do with it.

The other realization I had while watching it a second time was how much the color pallet hurt the show. I praised its ability to create visceral mech combat in which there is a sense of frantic scramble, and I still agree with this. But the colors are just too bright. The animation a bit too crisp and clean. It needed the visuals of another decade of anime, so that the smoke didn't look like fireworks and the blood like unsolidified Jell-O. I'm not sure what else I can say to this, except that it needed a second look at its aesthetic before going into production.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-10-15 at 02:24 PM.

Exquisite discourse, loli memes, and thighs all on the same page. The degenerate anime holy trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Exquisite discourse, loli memes, and thighs all on the same page. The degenerate anime holy trinity.
    Can't be a holy trinity without someone talking about Power Lvls.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=256544/end-of-all-things

Hell ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Can't be a holy trinity without someone talking about Power Lvls.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=256544/end-of-all-things

Hell ye.
    what the fuck is this

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    what the fuck is this
    Argus the Unmaker mah dude.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    On this day, 224 years ago, Marie Antoinette was executed by guillotine.

Rest in peace, my dear Queen. Vive la France.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been finishing shows recently after Made in Abyss.

Amaama - Decent show. Even though it was nice having a actual child like character in the show it got a bit annoying at times. - 7

WWW.Working - Not as great of a cast as the original show, and it felt like the romance that was in the previous show throughout three seasons was shoved into one season on this, but I still enjoyed it, and it got as many laughs out of me as the original. - 7

New Game!! - Just as good as season 1. Enjoyed a lot of the character growth with MC, and the new girls were great. Naru a besto. Season 3 never. - 8

Yuri on Ice - Even though it was a good show, I feel like I enjoyed it better when I was watching it weekly. Having 6 back to back episodes of almost solely ice skating competition kind of ruined it for me. Not a good marathon show. Still pretty decent though - 7

And in terms of this weeks airing:

Blend S 2- Yellow so good. I want to go to the arcade with her.

Houseki no Kuni 2 - Oh shit. I can't wait to see Master be badass. Also "my hand" 10/10.

Netjuu 2- One of the best shows of the season. I'm really excited to watch more of this. I have a feeling it will stay as good as it is. Can't wait for the dinner. Gonna be so good.

Shoujo Shuumatsu 2 - I've decided this show is the best show to watch just before bed. It's the comfiest thing ON EARTH.

Animegataris 2 - I see people dismissing this show, but it's literally Anime: The Show. It's meta as fuck and packed with references and great characters. I'm in love.

Imouto sae Ireba 2 - I've fallen for college girl help. Silver is still good though.

Himouto! 2- I'm not as invested in this show as I was during season 1, probably because it's been a while now since I've read the manga, but I still absolutely adore Sylphy. I want to protect her.

Whales 2 - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fate/Apoc 15 - This was a bit of a down episode after all the craziness. I'm really hoping it picks up a lot for the last 9-10 episodes, because so far the show has been okay at best, held together by a couple good servants and Mordred.

Inuyashiki 1 - CGI must not phase me as much anymore, because I actually enjoyed it with this show, even though it wasn't that good and was pretty jarring. I think it's just cause this show is so strange to begin with. Excited to see how it develops.

I don't see anyone really talking about it, and I know several people did say they weren't going to watch it, but geez, I feel like Shokugeki no Soma really decreased so far.

Granted, it's only two episodes so far...but it just feels so sloppy. Only really remedied by the characters at least still being somewhat enjoyable, Soma's antics are usually decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't see anyone really talking about it, and I know several people did say they weren't going to watch it, but geez, I feel like Shokugeki no Soma really decreased so far.

Granted, it's only two episodes so far...but it just feels so sloppy. Only really remedied by the characters at least still being somewhat enjoyable, Soma's antics are usually decent.
    Most people dropped it after season 2 was only so-so at best and are just reading the manga instead.

Last edited by bals; 2017-10-16 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Most people dropped it after season 2 was only so-so at best and are just reading the manga instead.
    Man, I never even got around to watching the second season. Sad to hear the quality dropped. For anyone looking to fill the hole, go check out Yakitate! Japan. Very similar. Cooking competitions, over the top tasting reactions, and loads of quirky characters. It's one of my all time favorite series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    dfc .

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Man, I never even got around to watching the second season. Sad to hear the quality dropped. For anyone looking to fill the hole, go check out Yakitate! Japan. Very similar. Cooking competitions, over the top tasting reactions, and loads of quirky characters. It's one of my all time favorite series.
    Looks promising, will probably check it out sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    dfc .
    Im not following?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not following?
    I'm assuming it's Don't fin care.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not following?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    I'm assuming it's Don't fin care.
    not quite .

Down for the cause you weebs.