Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    i wont even...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

5+ Year Old Account
    And my face palm quota for the day has been met. What the hell even is a Confederate Swedish? Pro-slavery in sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i wont even...
    You know this person believes Blacks where treated good understandable because they had free room and board and guaranteed employment....so what's not to like?

What do you think the avg right-winger gets from Russia these days? They are being controlled like mindless drones and the only thing they are getting is a seizure for all of their effort.

Even the actors that where hired by Trump when he announced his run for president get paid more then these russian controlled trolls.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-10-15 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They mentioned slavery literally dozens of times in their declarations of secession.

"he people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery."

"The people of Georgia, after an equally full and fair and deliberate hearing of the case, have declared with equal firmness that they shall not rule over them. A brief history of the rise, progress, and policy of anti-slavery and the political organization into whose hands the administration of the Federal Government has been committed will fully justify the pronounced verdict of the people of Georgia. "

"The party of Lincoln, called the Republican party, under its present name and organization, is of recent origin. It is admitted to be an anti-slavery party."

"While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution."

"While the subordination and the political and social inequality of the African race was fully conceded by all, it was plainly apparent that slavery would soon disappear from what are now the non-slave-holding States of the original thirteen. The opposition to slavery was then, as now, general in those States and the Constitution was made with direct reference to that fact."

"The manufacturing interests entered into the same struggle early, and has clamored steadily for Government bounties and special favors. This interest was confined mainly to the Eastern and Middle non-slave-holding States. "

"All these classes saw this and felt it and cast about for new allies. The anti-slavery sentiment of the North offered the best chance for success. An anti-slavery party must necessarily look to the North alone for support, but a united North was now strong enough to control the Government in all of its departments, and a sectional party was therefore determined upon. Time and issues upon slavery were necessary to its completion and final triumph. The feeling of anti-slavery, which it was well known was very general among the people of the North, had been long dormant or passive; it needed only a question to arouse it into aggressive activity. This question was before us. We had acquired a large territory by successful war with Mexico; Congress had to govern it; how, in relation to slavery, was the question then demanding solution. This state of facts gave form and shape to the anti-slavery sentiment throughout the North and the conflict began. Northern anti-slavery men of all parties asserted the right to exclude slavery from the territory by Congressional legislation and demanded the prompt and efficient exercise of this power to that end."

"The Constitution delegated no power to Congress to excluded either party from its free enjoyment; therefore our right was good under the Constitution. Our rights were further fortified by the practice of the Government from the beginning. Slavery was forbidden in the country northwest of the Ohio River by what is called the ordinance of 1787. "

"It opened them to the settlement of all the citizens of all the States of the Union. They emigrated thither with their property of every kind (including slaves)."

"In 1820 the North endeavored to overturn this wise and successful policy and demanded that the State of Missouri should not be admitted into the Union unless she first prohibited slavery within her limits by her constitution. After a bitter and protracted struggle the North was defeated in her special object, but her policy and position led to the adoption of a section in the law for the admission of Missouri, prohibiting slavery in all that portion of the territory acquired from France lying North of 36 [degrees] 30 [minutes] north latitude and outside of Missouri."

"The North demanded the application of the principle of prohibition of slavery to all of the territory acquired from Mexico and all other parts of the public domain then and in all future time."

" That reason was her fixed purpose to limit, restrain, and finally abolish slavery in the States where it exists."

"he Presidential election of 1852 resulted in the total overthrow of the advocates of restriction and their party friends. Immediately after this result the anti-slavery portion of the defeated party resolved to unite all the elements in the North opposed to slavery an to stake their future political fortunes upon their hostility to slavery everywhere."

"The prohibition of slavery in the Territories, hostility to it everywhere, the equality of the black and white races, disregard of all constitutional guarantees in its favor, were boldly proclaimed by its leaders and applauded by its followers."

"The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization."

"It would appear difficult to employ language freer from ambiguity, yet for above twenty years the non-slave-holding States generally have wholly refused to deliver up to us persons charged with crimes affecting slave property."

"The non-slave-holding States generally repealed all laws intended to aid the execution of that act, and imposed penalties upon those citizens whose loyalty to the Constitution and their oaths might induce them to discharge their duty."

"The Supreme Court unanimously, and their own local courts with equal unanimity (with the single and temporary exception of the supreme court of Wisconsin), sustained its constitutionality in all of its provisions. Yet it stands to-day a dead letter for all practicable purposes in every non-slave-holding State in the Union. We have their convenants, we have their oaths to keep and observe it, but the unfortunate claimant, even accompanied by a Federal officer with the mandate of the highest judicial authority in his hands, is everywhere met with fraud, with force, and with legislative enactments to elude, to resist, and defeat him."

"These efforts have in one instance led to the actual invasion of one of the slave-holding States, and those of the murderers and incendiaries who escaped public justice by flight have found fraternal protection among our Northern confederates."

That was just Georgia. Shall I point out all the other states for you? So, when you say it wasn't about slavery, you are full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic:

I'm still waiting for all the outrage from the triggered snowflakes who got pissed at the NFL players for kneeling. Why aren't they also mad at Trump?
    http://www.confederateamericanpride.com/notslavery.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    And my face palm quota for the day has been met. What the hell even is a Confederate Swedish? Pro-slavery in sweden?
    Not slavery, god christain values, capitalism, state rights, small government

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well if you say he is wrong then it must be true!!

John Oliver must made up the part about how the right to have slaves was mentioned often the declaration of secession. Not like we can check those text and what people wrote now can we?

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/artic...sons-secession

So mostly about slaves or the right to hold slaves in case of South Catalonia but this must be fake centuries old news ain't it.

You're attempts at rewriting history is kind of sad and not even that good. Next thing you will claim that Jesus was blond white dude for example.
    So you're rewriting is worse

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to put this as simply as possible:

IT WAS IN THEIR OWN FUCKING WORDS!!!

You said it wasn't about slavery, yet there it is in black and white, proof that it was about slavery.

And no, I will not click on any link you push, because you are an avowed white supremacist and a Nazi sympathizer. You even wrote a thread on the best way to read Mein Kampf. Sorry, not today, ISIS.

Now, if you want to address the actual words from the actual men who actually wrote their declarations of secession, then please feel free to try.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-10-15 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to put this as simply as possible:

IT WAS IN THEIR OWN FUCKING WORDS!!!

You said it wasn't about slavery, yet there it is in black and white, proof that it was about slavery.

And no, I will not click on any link you push, because you are an avowed white supremacist and a Nazi sympathizer. You even wrote a thread on the best way to read Mein Kampf. Sorry, not today, ISIS.

- - - Updated - - -

So, it was about slavery, your statement is unequivocally false by your own admission. Thanks for proving yourself wrong.
    But not in their actions. Words don't mean anything

Why, Slimjim, why exactly when General Patrick Cleburn suggested to abolish slavery to remove an argument for the North the CSA alleged congress said ''no'' ?

Why, Slimjim, why exactly the South supported various filibusters in the 1850 ? What they planned to do in Nicaragua and elsewhere ?

Why, Slimjin, why exactly when being told openly by France and UK ''We are sympathetic to your cause, but we can't recognize you because slavery is revolting for our public opinions'', the South refused to even make a tactical move ?

Why, Slimjin, why exactly everyone was conscripted in the South except slave taskmasters (which enraged the enlisted men)

- - - Updated - - -

Action like enslaving free blacks in Pennsylvania or refusing the services of the free blacks in Louisiana who had raised a regiment ?

That was the reasons they gave, and since they kept their slaves, I'd say they meant what they said.

Once again, the men who seceded said it was about slavery. They put it in their declarations of secession. It was clearly about slavery. If you don't believe me, I would hope you would believe the actual men who did the seceding.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So you're rewriting is worse
    What are christian values ? Brainwashing people into hating Blacks ? Screaming like a rat about the danger of sullying the pure aryan race while boning the maids and selling your own kids in slavery ?

Who have christian values ? The squeaking vermin that make up the ''Christian Identity'', whose conception of ''christianity'' is UR UR UR JEEBUS WAS WHUTE AND GAMME MAH URDERS TO KILL DAH DJEEEEEEWS' and who seems to venerate far more CSA and Nazi flags than god ?
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-15 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Going to an expensive university doesn't make you smart, it just means you have lots of money, which universities want.

Also what the fuck does "Sweden by blood, Confederate by soul" mean? You're Swedish but want to own slaves ?
    It means he's a moron.

Anyway, OT: Trump is being a hypocrite yet again. Trump vs Trump is pretty popular because of how common this is. And yet people still defend him whenever he does a complete 180.

In their actions too. They went to the federal government to try and nullify northern states laws about slaves that escaped to those states. After it failed (and sfter other shit happened) they broke apart. The causus belli was about maintaining slavery on the south, because their economy relied on cheap labor

- - - Updated - - -

That was the reasons they gave, and since they kept their slaves, I'd say they meant what they said.

Once again, the men who seceded said it was about slavery. They put it in their declarations of secession. It was clearly about slavery. If you don't believe me, I would hope you would believe the actual men who did the seceding.
    I'd love to have a time machine and teleport these people to those times, to ask about the cause of the war, to actual confederate generals. They would be baffled

The funny thing is that in sweden a high % of the population is atheist/ agnostic
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Trump didn't actually disrespect the flag during his talk with Hannity, he was indoors, and no action is necessary during retreat when indoors. He did show some significant ignorance of the tradition, which is pretty weird for a guy that has been president since January, and it is equally bizarre for Hannity, who really should know better. It is honestly not surprising in either case though, neither of them actually have a record of knowing what they are talking about. His dancing around and fidgeting during the national anthem while standing with Mattis is much more appalling, that is completely ridiculous, everyone knows better than that.

The NFL players don't bother me at all, I will always stand for the anthem, but they are more then welcome to do what they feel is right. The President doesn't get that choice though, he should definitely be expected to follow the protocol, even if nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    In their actions too. They went to the federal government to try and nullify northern states laws about slaves that escaped to those states. After it failed (and sfter other shit happened) they broke apart. The causus belli was about maintaining slavery on the south, because their economy relied on cheap labor

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to have a time machine and teleport these people to those times, to ask about the cause of the war, to actual confederate generals. They would be baffled

The funny thing is that in sweden a high % of the population is atheist/ agnostic
    The guy literally wrote a thread on his favorite way to read Mein Kampf. He's a racist, white supremacist, Nazi supporter. I simply enjoy pointing it out. He'll disappear, then pop back up in a week or two, and spout his same ignorant shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Why, Slimjim, why exactly when General Patrick Cleburn suggested to abolish slavery to remove an argument for the North the CSA alleged congress said ''no'' ?

Why, Slimjim, why exactly the South supported various filibusters in the 1850 ? What they planned to do in Nicaragua and elsewhere ?

Why, Slimjin, why exactly when being told openly by France and UK ''We are sympathetic to your cause, but we can't recognize you because slavery is revolting for our public opinions'', the South refused to even make a tactical move ?

Why, Slimjin, why exactly everyone was conscripted in the South except slave taskmasters (which enraged the enlisted men)

- - - Updated - - -

Action like enslaving free blacks in Pennsylvania or refusing the services of the free blacks in Louisiana who had raised a regiment ?
    No more like the south wanting to be independent, defend from the aggressive north destroying and killing everyone. The north had slaves too. Had they list try still would own slaves the south had plans to abolishing slavery on their own

- - - Updated - - -

They did none of those things

No more like the south wanting to be independent, defend from the aggressive north destroying and killing everyone. The north had slaves too. Had they list try still would own slaves the south had plans to abolishing slavery on their own

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot about the part where they said they wanted to keep slaves, and hated that the North wanted to stop them from keeping slaves. They said that was a pretty big deal to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure what you are going for but it is a fact that the civil war was about slaves, the secession papers of all states mentioned and the vice president of the confederacy Alexander Stephen said.

"Our new government is founded upon exactly [this] idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

If you have proof that says otherwise feel free to provide it but there is no ambiguity here.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, no, Lousiana did not refused to let the regiment raised by free Blacks do rear guard duty ?

EEEEBIL SJWS teleported and forced the legislature to do this ?

As for the South abolishing slavery. LOL. They were trying to re-open the slave trade, FFS.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I know I shouldn't take the bait but...

You realize how completely insane that pro-confederate article is? How it was posted as an "Answer" to a the actual directly quoted articles of succession of one of the founding states of the CSA, when it was written by a "loud, proud, outspoken person" who cites no sources and has no actual knowledge of the Civil War? Whose only credentials are "I will warn you now I am a very intellectual individual and if you try to contradict me I can throw a book of solid facts at you."

The actual facts quoted are insane as well. General's Lee and Jackson were not slaveowners? Really? Lee owned a plantation and Jackson owned six slaves. We have bills of sale, journals, and letters supporting that.

Grant was a slaveowner? Technically correct, but to quote Wikipedia "The same year (1858), Grant acquired a slave, a thirty-five-year-old man named William Jones, from his father-in-law.[80] In March 1859, Grant freed William, worth about $1,500, instead of selling him at a time when he desperately needed money.[81]" So yeah, not exactly the same league as the confederates. As for Sherman, nobody really knows. A lot of pro-confederate historical revisionists claim it and it is possible. But exactly no historical documents exist to prove it. He did tell his wife that he was considering it, but there is no evidence he did so. Both men were definitely racist, to the modern sense, but so was almost everyone then.

The rest of the article is a weird blend of non-sequiturs and juvenile insults. The existence of Black Confederates is not in doubt, and does nothing to disprove the causality of the war. The fact that it was Africans that sold the slave to the traders in the first place is also true... but it is a really weird way of trying to absolve the actual slave traders of blame. Even the most fervent southern revisionist usually don't try to defend them. The rest of the quotes are either extremely dubious, out of context, or true, but irrelevant to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    THis isnt about the Civil War. Drop it

So, you brought 2 sources that start out with false information? Not only that, your "Confederate American Pride" link is a fucking BLOG. With absolutely ZERO links for their sources. And your video is by a dumbass that watches Prager U, Ted Cruz, Steven Crowder, Breitbart, Alex Jones, the Discovery Institute, and Ben Shapiro. He isn't exactly a bastion of truth with those kinds of subscriptions and false information.