Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Our freedom blood, and Commie crushing genes make us able to eat anything.
    So when are you guys going to start crushing commies?

What does slices have to do with anything? I can buy pre-packaged sliced Mimolette.

American cheese is for when you something that melts cleanly. Not everyone want to deal with having to melt down a 5-pound brick of aged chedder for a quick queso.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    How common is it to have a good assortiment of cheese in an arbitrary supermarket over there? I honestly have no clue. Any pics or names/types?
    It's just one of the richest countries in the world that does massive amounts of trading with the rest of the world. So, I imagine they only have a selection of American or Spray Cheese, and you have to look really hard in specialty shops or something to find anything else.

True story.

Only your area of the world has a wide variety of foods available at any given time.

Also a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, because in every city and every shop for all 300 million Americans..it is JUST that.

I hear in Finland you all live in Saunas the whole day long and eat only fish. Oh..you are apparently also drunk 24/7^^
    That's a pretty sweet stereotype. Better than spray cheese.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Poor bait attempt but...

Probably the same way that Scandinavian countries eat their processed cheese. Every country has them, even France. Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with Americas processed cheese. I grew up on Swedish processed cheese (mjukost) which is very similar to the packed slices you get in the US.

Also. if there is one thing you can not accuse the US of it is lacking in variety in anything...including cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, because in every city and every shop for all 300 million Americans..it is JUST that.

I hear in Finland you all live in Saunas the whole day long and eat only fish. Oh..you are apparently also drunk 24/7^^
    You forgot the knives! All Finns carry a knife. :d

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

Also I bet in Switzerland they only have swiss cheese and nothing else without a doubt. NOTHING else. Kappa
    Well, they are the source of the real Emmentaler and Appenzeller brands.
    so you may find this in abundance in CH, besides Parmesan (from Parma in Italy) and the other european brands like Gouda or Cheddar. it's always the real stuff, not "made in xxx style" copies.

Finnish cheese is terrible for sure.
    Or I just never liked cheese. I don't get the "I love cheese" thing

Idk, why do Europeans have a distain for deodorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    How common is it to have a good assortiment of cheese in an arbitrary supermarket over there? I honestly have no clue. Any pics or names/types?
    we have full deli's with every type of meat and cheese you want all across the country

Most common around me is king soopers, they are owned by Kroger. They have easily hundreds of specialty cheeses at a lot of their stores

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Poor bait attempt but...

Probably the same way that Scandinavian countries eat their processed cheese. Every country has them, even France. Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with Americas processed cheese. I grew up on Swedish processed cheese (mjukost) which is very similar to the packed slices you get in the US.

Also. if there is one thing you can not accuse the US of it is lacking in variety in anything...including cheese.
    "even France" ?? the land of ~ 500 different cheeses ? good joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Cheese is basically all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Poor bait attempt but...

Pretty sure Mjukost is made with real cheese though, far more than the American fake cheese.

I like fake cheese just fine though. :d
    And I made a Mac n Cheese using Mjukost. Holy CRAP it was good!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-15 at 08:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I heard they fucking spray their cheese on food, and that they have packaged slices of it in shops.
    How do you even live?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinconning_cheese

American cheese (as in, cheese made in the USA) might be described as functional. I mean, it's cheese that is reasonnably priced and is quite palatable.

I suppose however the OP means ''American cheese'', what we call in Québec ''fromage orange'', which is technically not even cheese (Cheez-Wiz).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    It's just one of the richest countries in the world that does massive amounts of trading with the rest of the world. So, I imagine they only have a selection of American or Spray Cheese, and you have to look really hard in specialty shops or something to find anything else.

True story.

Only your area of the world has a wide variety of foods available at any given time.

Also a true story.
    Your life must be a real struggle if you can't even answer unsarcastically to a genuine question.
    Obviously you can get it. What is not obvious to an outsider is whether it is popular enough that every single supermarket shelves a bunch of it. Plenty of foods here that I would need to go to a specialty shop that would be super trivial to find in other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Idk, why do Europeans have a distain for deodorant?
    Because we smell wonderful, obvious!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I heard they fucking spray their cheese on food, and that they have packaged slices of it in shops.
    How do you even live?
    I'm from Wisconsin, we eat legit cheese.

If you want cheap food, then you won't be buying cheese that takes a long time to cure - you'll be buying cheese that cures very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Because we smell wonderful, obvious!

HAHAHA! I had forgotten that he also slaps himself with the boot!