Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Art of the Deal: Person Trades Packet Of Szechuan Sauce For New Car

Definitely the best story to come from the Szechuan Sauce drama. Hats off to the lady for scoring a nice little car.

So what do you do when you find yourself holding one of corporate America's coveted items? Sell it on eBay of course! A single packet of the sauce is easily running upwards of $100. Some people have theirs listed way into the thousands of dollars, and a promotional half gallon of the sticky sauce in a custom Pelican case is currently auctioning for more than $21,000 (another auction without the case is priced at $15,000). This entire ordeal of is making me question whether whoever buys it will actually dip their chicken nuggets like it's 1998, or save it by throwing it in that junk drawer in their kitchen and forget it exists until way past its expiration date.

But, if you're Rachel Marie from Macomb, Mich., you get more than a few hundred bucks. Originally looking to trade her Szechuan sauce for a collection of pins, she was surprisingly offered something even better. She is now the proud owner of a 2004 Volkswagen GTI. Luckily for her, it wasn't even a base model that she received in the trade. The German hatch features Volkswagen's 1.8-liter turbo 4-cylinder motor coupled to a 5-speed manual transmission, both of which options keep the car worth a bit more than its 2.0-liter and automatic counterparts.

I can only hope that car is as crappy as that sauce probably tastes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any actual proof on this because I'm pretty sure its bs.

Probably a PR stunt.

Deleted
    Reading that post on the left gave me all kinds of retarded autism cancer.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand trading your car in for meme sauce. The humor of it is extreme subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Pretty crazy, especially considering McDonald's is going to reissue the sauce more broadly in a few months.

According to a quick google, depending on condition this car could be worth $2-6 grand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    To be fair, you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand trading your car in for meme sauce. The humor of it is extreme subtle.
    I am 99% sure that Harmon and Roiland created this Mulan sauce hype precisely to see if they could drive people insane over something so pointless and obscure.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-10-16 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I am 99% sure that Harmon and Roiland created this Mulan sauce hype precisely to see if they could drive people insane over something so pointless and obscure.
    I am 99% sure the show would improve if they let Dan Harmon go.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I am 99% sure the show would improve if they let Dan Harmon go.
    Oh I bet you think that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's all this shit with this sauce anyway? Where did it come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    What's all this shit with this sauce anyway? Where did it come from?
    First episode of Season 3 of Rick and Morty made a running joke about Rick's obsession with an obscure McDonald's special sauce they had as a promotion for Mulan back in the 90s.

Irony is, if you watch the whole episode it's clearly a giant meta-satire and there's nothing special about the sauce itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t take a high I.Q to trade a packet of sauce to someone with a very low I.Q more like lack of conscience.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It doesn’t take a high I.Q to trade a packet of sauce to someone with a very low I.Q more like lack of conscience.
    Someone is unfamiliar with copypasta's about Rick and Morty.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the dude who traded his way from a paperclip into a house over several years.
    That car looks like a rust-bucket but you could probably trade it or sell it for more than that stupid sauce is worth. Fandom makes people do idiotic things...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    First episode of Season 3 of Rick and Morty made a running joke about Rick's obsession with an obscure McDonald's special sauce they had as a promotion for Mulan back in the 90s.

Irony is, if you watch the whole episode it's clearly a giant meta-satire and there's nothing special about the sauce itself.
    All this just because of a stupid cartoon? Oh my... damn internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is unfamiliar with copypasta's about Rick and Morty.
    True but I did find it hilarious that show built the demand for this sauce that sold out in 2 hours. That’s pretty brilliant.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people not 'in on the joke' as it were. Sorry guys the IQ thing is a meme in of itself. Making fun of try hard 'intellectuals' who think watching this show says something positive about their character (And I quite like Rick and Morty) the irony being if they truly understood it they'd really 'try' a whole lot less and just watch and enjoy the damn show as it is.

As for the sauce/car deal, it's been circulating around for a while now alot of people claim it was verified true and the guy tried to get the car back, but that's the last I heard of it.
    Honestly, McDonalds are making more of it for people to try in december if you give that many fucks. What a tool. (if it's true)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Simpsons did it?
    Was thinking of the exact same clip :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    All this just because of a stupid cartoon? Oh my... damn internet.
    It's actually really funny, don't let the internet's nonsense colour it.