Poll: How bored are you of WoW at the moment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is a segment of friends and family guild that likes to raid normal, then eke out an AotC before next tier, for whom the catch up gear vendor can really do damage to if he is released too early in the tier.

There is a segment of friends and family guild that likes to raid normal, then eke out an AotC before next tier, for whom the catch up gear vendor can do real damage to if he is released too early in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I've taken brand new 110's in sub 900 gear and handled myself just fine on Argus.
    By sub 900 I assume you mean gear in the 870-880+ range. That's not a "brand new" 110, although I suppose with a bunch of 880 tokens it might be. Try taking a Shadow Priest there at a 785 gear level after having not played since pre-7.2. No that ilvl is not a typo. You will get utterly dominated.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I don't know really what's the nostalgia about Timeless Isle. I was going there once per week to cycle my alts through the world boss loot pinata and that was it. The only things people did there was camping Huolon, farming frogs for reroll coins (now you farm order resources, slightly less boring) and if you happened to be on pvp server, looking around for gangs of censer gankers. The last one had some amusement value for "world pvpers" less so for people who wanted to farm some catch up gear for alts in peace.

The unsullied tokens follow the same pattern as the timeless tokens, they're random and low ilvl. Argunite vendor is a big improvement over TI vendors because the tome to upgrade a single item to 535 or what was it cost horrible amounts, and also there was even no goddamn shield on the vendor (and weapons were super low), now you can buy any relic you want and grinding for it takes way less.

90% of TI activity was rare camping really, you can do exactly the same on Argus.
    Timeless Isle was my personal golden age of WoW. It just cannot be beaten.

Based on OP's survey as factual proof:

Only 33% think it's acceptable.

67% are bored, very bored, or aren't playing.

Case closed. WoW is boring right now.

My personal opinion? Timeless Isle was as filler as filler could possibly get, but Timeless Isle 2: Argus edition? I need to admit even the thought of that sounds
    absolutely miserable. I haven't even touched Legion, I couldn't even stomach the initial Legion questing experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    Yes you can, its not that easy and you might die a few times but stepping argus with 800ilvl is perfectly doable. I just did with my new fresh monk. Only started with 4-5 unsullied, nothing else.

I was having a lot of fun until Argus actually. Now I'm buying tokens for Destiny 2 and letting my sub lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    Yes you can, its not that easy and you might die a few times but stepping argus with 800ilvl is perfectly doable. I just did with my new fresh monk. Only started with 4-5 unsullied, nothing else.
    Took my Mage with 850 gear and a 36Ap weapon, it did not go so well.. Besdies that, on my server barely anyone is in Argus nowadays..

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    ToS is creative??? are we playing the same game?

10 sokes every fight is creative?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    ToS is creative??? are we playing the same game?

10 sokes every fight is creative?
    Hah, an when you miss a soak its basically a wipe..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's the game's job to entertain us - and some of use are not entertained.
    Agreed. So many fanboys don't get this. Blizzard tries to cater to a wide variety of players but I don't think they can handle it

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks should note that I am trying very hard to be impartial and mellow and actually giving credit where credit is due to blizzard. But I ask everyone to just go to the edge behind the teleporter in the Vindicaar, look around at the sky and the ground and ask yourselves if this grand landscape around you is deserving of the content in it. There are entire cities hanging up there in Mac'aree!

It's inescapable that a lot had been cut to rush content out.Think for a minute, the homeworld planet of the freaking burning legion is showing up in the skies in azeroth, which is probably the most significant event after the sundering in the history of the current races and eclipsing even the cataclysm, is reduced to a slightly expanded broken shore experience.

I'll maybe take the Vindicaar abilities and the teleporter pads as a grudging compromise to flying but I feel like what is supposed to be the final grand battle against the legion to be just a handful of draenei here and there blasting through the equivalent of the gnolls in Elwynn forest. The buffed doomwalker who does absolutely nothing is the grandest thing around. World quests could have been much better and areas could have been much more interesting.

By sub 900 I assume you mean gear in the 870-880+ range. That's not a "brand new" 110, although I suppose with a bunch of 880 tokens it might be. Try taking a Shadow Priest there at a 785 gear level after having not played since pre-7.2. No that ilvl is not a typo. You will get utterly dominated.
    Yeah that's unfortunate that is such a different experience for someone who has the 880 tokens versus someone who does not. If you spend any time on Argus with a geared main, you'll have many sets of the tokens at your disposal, making hitting 110 instantly viable on Argus. I think they should have made those token purchasable with gold at least - or not account bound ... I don't really get the point of how they set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Based on OP's survey as factual proof:

Only 33% think it's acceptable.

67% are bored, very bored, or aren't playing.

Case closed. WoW is boring right now.

My personal opinion? Timeless Isle was as filler as filler could possibly get, but Timeless Isle 2: Argus edition? I need to admit even the thought of that sounds
    absolutely miserable. I haven't even touched Legion, I couldn't even stomach the initial Legion questing experience.
    So using less than 400 votes, case is closed wow is boring right now yet you haven't even played the current expansion.... your personal opinion means absolutely nothing.

I voted "What are you talking about? Not bored at all!" as I'm having enough to do, enjoying my time while doing it.

tbh the game hasn't been worth playing since the end of mop when they removed snapshotting, that was one of the last remaining skills in the game where good players could stand out above others. the game is too far gone at this point to move forward and recapture how good it used to be, starting fresh or supporting old expansions is the only way you'll get those old feelings again.

i don't see why they can't just say "okay, we had a good run, your characters are now at the end of this story, we're starting fresh with new characters on a new planet" and start over again, newer and better graphics with the old mindset of leveling being a big part of the game and a character really holding value and meaning to the player because of how much time is required to get max level and max professions and whatnot. they could do some amazing stuff if they were feeling bold, but too many people are still paying monthly for a shell of a game, so they'll just keep updating that "game" and taking your money.

I unfortunately feel the same, Hoping what i see announced at Blizzcon will reignite my passion for the game but as of right now i am un-subbed, I usually don't get to this point until many months into the final patch

Deleted
    This is true, but why would you need to take a brand new 110 directly to Argus?

Yesterday my mage alt hit 110 at around 11 AM local time. 6 hours later - with breaks - he was iLevel 858 when I logged off for the day, and that is without ever setting foot on Argus. I started the quest to get there, and have the relics upgraded, plus had two 880 tokens. I also got a lucky 900 ring drop from the world boss on Broken Shore, but the rest are WQ assured drops and 850+ items I bought at the Broken Shore vendor. I still have two 750 ish items, a trinket and a relic, yet have my artifact fully unlocked and am now a few steps into Concordance. Note that I started the day with a few thousand AP.

Will be taking him to Argus later today. Place your bets now on how well I will manage...

Deleted
    Yip, also getting the feeling. It's literally SoO/TI days somehow starting long before ToT is done. I'm playing with a lot of alts again not because the game has suddenly become HFC-levels alt-friendly, but because there's so little interesting stuff to do on mains. Contrary to HFC era however, I'm not really taking care of my hordies, the garrison got nerfed too much to allow so much random fun.

People managing to feel bored with Legion must be trying REALLY hard.
    I play more hours than probably 90% of people on these forums, and I'm struggling to have time each reset for everything I want to do in current content combined with old...

Also, we're not "mid-tier", the final tier is coming up. There might be more filler patches and raids, but Antorus = the final tier. We've had more content delivered in 1 year of Legion than other expansions had in their entire life cycles.

That being said, unsubbing and doing something else with ones time if one is bored seems to be the ticket for many. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-16 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People managing to feel bored with Legion must be trying REALLY hard.
    Often they choose not to engage in some parts of the game. Like that guy in the forums who complained about lack of content and got called out by a CM for having 1 current tier LFR boss down and no PVP on his main.