Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm loving all the memes put up by conservatives about how liberal Hollywood elites have long supported guys like Weinstein and even Roman Polanski. It really pisses them off when you point out that they voted for a guy who looks to be just like Weinstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    They kinda are? Socially liberal positions have kinda been the main thing among leftists in recent years.
    Multi-billion dollar global businesses are "leftists"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I googled it and you are right. However it was rightwing media that said it repeatedly. Trump might have used the excuse once or twice.
    Well, I mean, it was Trump's go-to line at the presidential debate days after the story broke, so I'd imagine that, yes, the media would cite that quote particularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm loving all the memes put up by conservatives about how liberal Hollywood elites have long supported guys like Weinstein and even Roman Polanski. It really pisses them off when you point out that they voted for a guy who looks to be just like Weinstein.
    It's not even a matter of "looks to be." He openly talked about doing stuff just like that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Since Harvey Weinstein I've wondered if more might come out since Trump did/dose? run in the same circles as that guy and is in the end cut from the same degenerate cloth.
    I expect we'll see more come out. Saw one earlier about the Pussycat Dolls.

Anywhere there's a highly competitive industry with attractive young people trying to make it, and rich old assholes running the show, there are sexual predators, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Multi-billion dollar global businesses are "leftists"?
    Yeah. Leftists are more socially progressive than economically leftist. That has been the case since Bill Clinton.

Anywhere there's a highly competitive industry with attractive young people trying to make it, and rich old assholes running the show, there are sexual predators, unfortunately.
    I have a hard time believing that if there was Weinstein-style dirt on Trump, it wouldn't have surfaced by now. I cannot believe that dirt like that could have possibly remained uncovered for this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Riiiight. It only took well over 20 years for the dirt on Harvey to surface, and he's nowhere near as powerful as a sitting President. We've had tons of allegations over the years, but Trump spends the money on lawyers to keep a charge from sticking. Welcome to the real world. It sucks.
    The active opposition to Trump is something not comparable to the go-with-the-flow attitude regarding Hollywood abuse. There are people and organizations dedicated to finding whatever they can to go after Trump for, whereas with Weinstein there was no such effort. In fact, because there was no such effort, that is what led to Weinstein continuing on more and more with his behavior until it all became too much.

I just don't think those two men are comparable if we're talking about skeletons in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that if there was Weinstein-style dirt on Trump, it wouldn't have surfaced by now. I cannot believe that dirt like that could have possibly remained uncovered for this long.
    I've heard several parties mention that they have Trump on tape saying all manner of racist, sexist etc things but they have not surfaced. For example the producers of the Apprentice:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7986081.html

If true, then there's even dirt that WE KNOW ABOUT that hasn't been uncovered.

P.S. This old gem from a CNBC interview in 1999:

“Can you imagine how controversial I’d be? You think about him (President Clinton) and the women. How about me with the women? Can you imagine?”
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...c346d16baf62f6

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Yeah. Leftists are more socially progressive than economically leftist. That has been the case since Bill Clinton.
    Next level mental gymnastics going on here lol.

I've heard several parties mention that they have Trump on tape saying all manner of racist, sexist etc things but they have not surfaced. For example the producers of the Apprentice:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7986081.html

If true, then there's even dirt that WE KNOW ABOUT that hasn't been uncovered.

P.S. This old gem from a CNBC interview in 1999:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...c346d16baf62f6
    I'll be shocked if some substantive bombshell comes out this late. The opposition to Trump has been at a fever pitch for almost a year, and it stretches credulity to think that substantive claims of sexual abuse, naked racism, or anything truly disastrous would have been successfully kept under wraps this long.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but I'm highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What are you talking about? How does that relate to Trump claiming this was locker room talk? Why deflect to some guy named Bill?
    “This was locker-room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close,” Trump said in a statement. “I apologize if anyone was offended.”
    I am replying to this part... it is in your quote...

I am saying that unless Bill told Trump that he raped women Trump is lying about him telling him anything "far worse" than sexual assault by grabbing women's pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I'll be shocked if some substantive bombshell comes out this late. The opposition to Trump has been at a fever pitch for almost a year, and it stretches credulity to think that substantive claims of sexual abuse, naked racism, or anything truly disastrous would have been successfully kept under wraps this long.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but I'm highly doubtful.
    I'm not saying anything will come to light, frankly it hardly seems necessary when Trump is busy undermining himself at every turn with scandals in real time. But I don't think it's actually as implausible as it appears.

The Access Hollywood leak was 11 years old when it "broke" during the campaign.

Another recent example: Milo whatshisface had a career-terminating scandal after the tape of his pedophilia apologism went public. But that tape was common knowledge on the internet, having been part of a podcast a year earlier.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I think there is no way there isn't a lot of such activities in Trumps past. I mean, he has made a few kids with a few different women in his life so far. But I would be hard pressed to believe he was just into serial monogamy and trading up which is kinda skeezy, there is no way he hasn't used his position to get pussy.

Heck if we shined a light deep in his life, the lives of any given New York Mogul and all of Hollywoods producers ect, I am sure we'd find things to make our blood run cold.

As a note, I've heard Penthouse has a bounty for the details on Trump specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think you need to reexamine the meaning of "common knowledge".
    I mean I knew about it, and I don't listen to Milo, or any internet shitlords, or watch the "Drunken Peasants".

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You =/= plurality.
    Nevertheless, it was no secret on the internet where Milo was a vocal shitheel but it took a year to surface in the real world and drive through his heart like a stake.

It was locker room talk. She has no case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time coming. I hope Trump is made to pay with more than money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    It was locker room talk. She has no case.
    Um, she's alleging actual sexual harassment. What does that have to do with "locker room talk."?

15+ Year Old Account
    But i thought all these allegations were made up and each and every woman was sued by trump back in january.

/gasp

Did Trump lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Um, she's alleging actual sexual harassment. What does that have to do with "locker room talk."?
    And, I'm still waiting for people to tell me where you find these locker rooms where men brag about the ease of committing sexual assault.