Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    You will never get rid of toxicity. Never, ever. That's just the nature of being paired with random people on the internet, some people just want to troll.

Some people on here have said "be a leader", "be nice". I don't think that makes a difference. If someone is toxic or a troll they will respond in a toxic way. I think the best thing to do is to find people you like to play with a stick with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should evaluate how much control you have over your own emotions.
    How very pretentious of your cunt face to say. Fuck off.

Infracted
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-10-13 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artikality View Post
    I've played plenty of Overwatch and played with many players who haven't been the best team players.

Honestly, the best advice I can give is to be a good leader. If they're terrible at the game, simply berating them or acting incredibly toxic isn't going to help them any. Yes, you won't do as well as if you were playing with other players who are very good at the game, but if you're doing solo queue you're going to run the risk of that no matter what. Maybe coach them a bit or try to encourage them in the right direction (in a nice way). It's better to have a slightly better than terrible player on your team than someone completely demoralized that will probably do worse.

Like Twen said above, if they're a troll it would also feed them.
    That is the main problem with the game.

Yes, it's nice to help and coach players BUT

People who NEED coaching and help DO NOT BELONG IN COMPETITIVE and they should not be ALLOWED to queue for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    No. Of course I've had my fair share of all of those and yes, it can be frustrating as hell. However, I still don't throw my shit all over people like the proverbial monkey, because I have this thing called self-control. Toxicity literally doesn't help anything, it only serves to make things worse or in case of genuine troll (rare) feeds them. Self-control is not unique to me, everyone has it, but they choose to throw it to the wind and let loose. That's entirely on them. Other players might be the cause of how you feel, but you alone are responsible for what you do with it. Stay civil and someone might actually listen, I've had it happen. If you really can't, then don't even start typing / keep your mouth shut. It's that simple.

PS. I'm using "you" in general sense. I also wouldn't be opposed to some carefully implemented changes, but the above still stands regardless.
    I stopped playing competitive, due to the fact that I can't handle losses and Competitive Overwatch makes me a horrible person. And believe me, I tried talking to them, but after trying to contact someone, in text and voice, for an entire game and have litterally 0 response, that's more than I can take. They are litterally as much of bots as of humans if they can't even handle the most basic communication, even a reply "shut up" would be enough sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple, everyone who complains about toxicity are probably prone to it themselves, reign yourself in, if everyone did that a big portion of the problem is solved..........oh and actually use the report system (many claim to but probably really don't).
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thread about stopping toxicity has people getting offended and blowing their lids and being toxic.... MMmmkay, check and mate. /close thread

Just humans being humans, the worst thing about prison isn't the walls, it's the people in the walls with you and it is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Competitive Overwatch solo que is the worst gaming experience I have ever had. For many seasons I never talked shit on the mic. Now, I'm down right nasty to people. The game has broken any decency in me while playing it.
    The game hasn't done anything to you, you have decided to behave a certain way and then you justify it by blaming everyone else. "Only you can prevent forest fires, but in my case the woods was making a lot of noise when the wind blew so I was like, fuck it I'll burn it down but it was totally the forests fault."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It would be less toxic if your real name, address, and phone number were used as information tags accessable to all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It would be less toxic if your real name, address, and phone number were used as information tags accessable to all people.
    Why so people can call in swat fake calls on you for shits and giggles?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Stop being a politically correct cuck and realize that people are going to do whatever they want and learn to not let it affect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like giving the keys to the inmates. Help the toxic and remove the protections from the innocent.

[QUOTE=Battlebeard;47592592]That is the main problem with the game.

Yes, it's nice to help and coach players BUT

People who NEED coaching and help DO NOT BELONG IN COMPETITIVE and they should not be ALLOWED to queue for it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not correct.

Competitive only means you get a "grade" for your play.
    Nothing else.
    There is a place for everyone on the scala. If you're bad and you need mentoring/help . you will just be lower in ranking than the player who doesnt.

Thats what ranking is about. finding out where you are against the rest.
    If you get put into bronze. ... maybe there is a lot to learn for you left. but that doesnt mean you cant play rankend.

What makes games toxic are people who think are the pinnacle of overwatch but don't look onto themselves first when something goes wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Sp4zie interacts with other players in rare occasions of him playing overwatch. You just need to not be toxic yourself, report and mute other toxic players. But remember - when you report or mute someone who are not being toxic, but simply underperforms or he doesn't do what you want to do - it's you being toxic and reducing your own chances to win the game.

Every single time you say "Genji pls pick Tracer" because you are a genji main and "he obviously can't play it right" - you are being toxic and only do worse for you tea, by triggering said Genji and by throwing assumption that his Tracer is better than his Genji. Yeah, that's just awful. In general - just be positive and condemn toxic attitudes, it will sort itself out eventually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artikality View Post

Honestly, the best advice I can give is to be a good leader.
    That's not how it works. Teams with 5 "leaders" as you express, will only fight about who should lead who.

Maybe you meant "playing your character properly"? Aka, calling shots and opportunities "genji sleep", "mercy pink" etc? It's not about leadership, it's about communication. And not the "genji low genji low kill him kill him now guys", it's about useful communication, not just voice spam of gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    By growing a thicker skin.

Also, toxicity is a horrible concept conceived by mentally ill Riot internet police.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

You're unlikely to successfully fight much, since you're fighting society/human nature. Really, just need to give players the ability to segregate more. Guilds/clans/whatever, for example, are an obvious opportunity for players to self-police and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sounds like giving the keys to the inmates. Help the toxic and remove the protections from the innocent.
    Their are no innocents. You have those that stand by idle and do nothing in silence, you have those that are toxic, and those that in an attempt to stop toxic become toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their are no innocents. You have those that stand by idle and do nothing in silence, you have those that are toxic, and those that in an attempt to stop toxic become toxic.
    Wait, so sitting quietly reporting and muting exactly as told is 'doing nothing'? Telling them to shut up and focus and play, is 'doing nothing'? You realise they dropped RealID after Bashiok was doxed, his address and his kids' details were made public?

That is why it's giving keys to the inmates and punishing the innocent.

Wait, so sitting quietly reporting and muting exactly as told is 'doing nothing'? Telling them to shut up and focus and play, is 'doing nothing'? You realise they dropped RealID after Bashiok was doxed, his address and his kids' details were made public?

That is why it's giving keys to the inmates and punishing the innocent.
    I think somewhere along the conversation you took things way to seriously which makes me worried for you. Hopefully you don't have to actually actively think when to take a breath because that should just be automatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think somewhere along the conversation you took things way to seriously which makes me worried for you. Hopefully you don't have to actually actively think when to take a breath because that should just be automatic.
    I don't think you think at all. That's actually the problem here.

I don't think you think at all. That's actually the problem here.
    So toxic. I see you are a big part of the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So toxic. I see you are a big part of the problem.
    Amazing how it all becomes 'not serious' and a 'joke' when you're called out on it, isn't it?

Amazing how it all becomes 'not serious' and a 'joke' when you're called out on it, isn't it?
    I am not being serious. I just find it ironic that someone so against toxic behavior uses toxic behavior to their advantage. In fact I find it hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not being serious. I just find it ironic that someone so against toxic behavior uses toxic behavior to their advantage. In fact I find it hilarious.
    Calling an idiot on their idiocy is not toxicity. Proclaiming the idiocy was all a joke to begin with and that I'm the one really being toxic, classic.