Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Maybe when they wake up.. it's early as fuck dude
    ... Almost 7 pm here.

I don't give a toss about my next door neighbour never mind people in somalia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Dubai is muslim, u saying u don't care about ur own group but expects us to?? Also Somalians shouldn't flood Europe n try to islamize it, if they want sympathy.

Btw how many hashtags for terrorist attacks in non-white world? I bet China Japan Gambia couldn't care less, unless it effects business.
    Care .. about ... my own .... group ? wait what ? what you have said just shows how this is related to money and support between those who can benefit you the most. it has no authentic sympathy ! Dubai is just another spot where western businessmen spend their holidays ...

#SomaliaStrong
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.
    Maybe some people are like that, but I think that's a really uncharitable, nihilistic and frankly untrue view of the world.

America sends drones to try and kill terrorists. We just suck at it because technology can only be so efficient. Imagine this scenario. There exists two magic buttons that the US government has. 1 Button will kill all the Jihadis in the world. By Jihadi I mean specifically Wahhabi Muslims that have or intend to commit Jihad as defined by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, essentially, ISIS and those groups that are ideologically indistinguishable. The other button kills all Arab children. Pressing one button breaks the other. Trying to cheat the system by pressing both buttons at the same breaks both of them. If there is any doubt in your mind that the American government would push the first button instead of the second, you are dangerously delusional. It would be a no brainer for anyone that authorizes or carries out drone strikes to push the magic button to get rid of the actual terrorists.

Secondly, you are completely mistaken about how ISIS justifies beheading foreigners. Not only that, but the primary victims of ISIS have been Muslims. Their beheadings have nothing to do with denying the humanity of foreigners. They behead people because they angry that those people have spurned their god's love. It is because of the humanity of their enemies that they are so violent. From their point of view, people that are dangerously delusional have taken over the world and they are attempting to lead everyone including their children away from the light of the one true God and down into hell. They believe that they are justified because the deaths of non-believers and apostates represents an intrinsic good that they truly believe in. They love their god and everything he stands for more than you hate Trump. It's a case of bad ideas and iron age philosophy run rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.
    I can't help but feel "they brought that shit upon themselves" sometimes.
    I know history pretty well so this is a flawed argument. Colonization of Africa, Annexation of Israel and the oil wars caused most of the mess.
    Then you add the military industrial complex WHO SELLS THE WEAPONS, CIA and "war on terror" on top of that. /conspiracies.
    So the argument is whether people could behave in their natural environment being small scale farmers. Africa is rich in farmland. I feel like some nations are just doomed due to overpopulation and not every person can be helped.
    Look at Thailand, which has been free from "Western influence". It's a common profession to be a prostitute just so you can support yourself. Expected lifespans can't be very high.

I have no empathy for the Greeks who messed up their budget and seeked to benefit from the scheme. Or people who seriously believe in their religious fantasy bullshit. Or males who seek to gain power from their patriarchal religion and oppress women.
    In the end it's up to the people to decide whether they are fed up with their shit or not, and how much they are bringing it upon themselves.
    Learning about golden rule is pretty significant as well
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-16 at 11:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference being this is Somalia we are talking about.

When stuff like this happens in Europe or America it is seen as a major Tragedy because its not the culture here. Somalia breeds these types of people. It is not uncommon to hear of some brutal shit to come out of Somalia. Pirates, Rape Gangs, Terrorists. kind of par for the course when discussing major news that comes from Somalia.

comes to mind.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-10-16 at 12:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Somalia's a shit-hole of a country that doesn't even have a stable government.

Obviously it's bad that people died, but I can't bring myself to care. It's not politically significant nor close to home.

Deleted
    Why should anyone realistically care about Somalia?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Why should anyone realistically care about Somalia?
    Because people live there? I'm not saying you should have empathy, but a little sympathy is probably a good sign that you're not a sociopath,

10+ Year Old Account
    The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's frenemy?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Because people live there? I'm not saying you should have empathy, but a little sympathy is probably a good sign that you're not a sociopath,
    I love when people say things like this "Oh no if you don't care about all 8 billion people in the World you might be a Sociopath!!"

"No hashtags..." Only in this current time in these present days could this ever be a concern for anyone.

Hashtags for disasters and terrorist attacks are completely bunk and the majority of people who are concerned about their existence are preening cunts that want to be observed on social media. As if it makes a difference. It's just another vain way to gain likes, then tally them at the end of the day, once the death toll has been announced.

The people involved in the attack aren't interested. They aren't on Twitter or Facebook, examining the messages such as "Thinking of Somalia! *sad face* *flag* #followmehere".

The whole process is a self felating joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Did people in Somalia do anything like this when Breivik killed 77 people here? And would anyone here get outraged if they didnt?
    No!
    They were one of the poorest countries in the world fighting a bloody civil war and coping with famine at the time. I would bet that those problems killed more than 77 people every day there so that might be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's too far away and has little to none significance to us.

What a tragedy. Everyone look at me, I care about people and I'm so sensitive and sweet. Now let me do absolutely nothing to help them, as if helping people in Africa is even possible with the state of their governments.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked by the level of a$$holeness in this thread....

Hmm? I thought that was just a normal day over in those parts.

It was in the news today here, got lots of airtime.

Thing is tho, if we humans had to go all in on every tragic event from nature being angry to global warming to animal abuse to every terror attack in the world over to what hashtags being used a lot ..... not enough hours in the day or energy, so we pick and choose what to be upset over and that for most people is what they see or know around them.

Does it make it less of a terrible event, no and i am sure those that have family or friends in the effected area do care a lot about it ..... but those are maybe not the people you follow on a daily basis i guess.