Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

How 'MeToo' is exposing the scale of sexual abuse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41633857

Women and men from all over the globe who have been sexually harassed have been tweeting "me too" to show the magnitude of sexual assault.

It follows further allegations of rape against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

More than two dozen women - among them actresses Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Rose McGowan - have made accusations against him including rape and sexual assault. Weinstein insists sexual relations he had were consensual.

Since the allegations surfaced many high profile names have used social media to highlight the problem of sexual assault, some also detailing the harassment they've endured.

The latest prominent hashtag, #MeToo, has been used more than 200,000 times since Sunday night. The term gained momentum after actress Alyssa Milano asked victims of sexual assault to come forward in a show of solidarity.
    MORE IN LINK

Normally I scoff at these sort of trends as nothing more than online narcissism BUT I can actually get behind this... People are ignorant on not only how common it is but the shame so many men and women feel who are victims of sexual abuse/assault. Too many feel they can't tell their story out of fear of judgment

It's just a reflection of our sexual dimorphism, girls are different from boys.

Boys are aggressive and would welcome sexual overtures. Men have a hard time understanding why women aren't flattered. Women aren't as aggressive and they don't welcome sexual overtures. It's been this way forever.

It's in the DNA.

Yes I'm speaking in generalities.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Boys are aggressive and would welcome sexual overtures. Women aren't as aggressive and they don't welcome sexual overtures. It's been this way forever.

This is about men and women

10+ Year Old Account

Boys are aggressive and would welcome sexual overtures. Men have a hard time understanding why women aren't flattered. Women aren't as aggressive and they don't welcome sexual overtures. It's been this way forever.

It's in the DNA.

Pretty much traditionalist regurgitate nonsense.

Men and women are different has nothing to do with the conclusion of your ideas being true.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I find a bit disgusting is it was considered an "open secret" in Hollywood. So many people knew it was going on for so long. Really just goes to show some people prioritised Money and Career over stopping other people from also getting abused.

Kind of hypocritical for a bunch of people that have been complaining since last year about people not caring about other people in their Country

Deleted

It's in the DNA.

This post is disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account

It's in the DNA.

So rape is generally o.k. because DNA. Got it.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    One thing I find a bit disgusting is it was considered an "open secret" in Hollywood. So many people knew it was going on for so long. Really just goes to show some people prioritised Money and Career over stopping other people from also getting abused.

Kind of hypocritical for a bunch of people that have been complaining since last year about people not caring about other people in their Country
    I don't really think anybody is surprised that Hollywood hid this, the music industry is just as bad! It wasn't a running joke that in order to get big you got to blow a producer without reason

one of the better and meaningful ways i seen twitter used tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Just because it isn't okay doesn't mean nature gives a fuck.
    Nature granted us a cognitive mind with which to distinguish between what is o.k. and what is not o.k. That overrules any argument of "but mah genes told me tuh do et!"
    Period.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    So rape is generally o.k. because DNA. Got it.
    Oooo, that's exactly what I said. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooo, that's exactly what I said. lol
    Please explain exactly what you said then, as most in this thread are quite confused by your words. (Not really)

Men and women aren't equal, but men and women should be treated equally.

Trying to enforce some delusion that men and women are identical diminishes the attempt to treat both well.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nature granted us a cognitive mind with which to distinguish between what is o.k. and what is not o.k. That overrules any argument of "but mah genes told me tuh do et!"
    Period.
    Nature still doesn't give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nature still doesn't give a fuck.
    Nature is merely evolution. Humans have evolved with a mind capable of distinguishing between morals, right and wrong by what we define. The whole of our society defines rape/assault/abuse as "not o.k." I would say "nature" has had a heavy hand in regulating our sexual behavior, at least in the context of humans.

So yes, "Nature" does give a fuck, if you insist on animating it into some indifferent god.

I would say "nature" has had a heavy hand in regulating our sexual behavior, at least in the context of humans.
    Oh, so you agree with me, great.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you agree with me, great.
    Good argument. Moving on.

whats wrong with asking woman for sex if she wants to get higher on her profession (especially in arts such as movies). If she refuses - then who cares. cant see any assault or harrasment here. IF he raped without permisson - then yes it should be punishable. But half of those women MIGHT be #metoo'ing when they before were like *yes take me to that role in movie even if it requires some bed deal*, but ofc now they are so popular that everyone would believe they was unwillingly taken to that bed. I might accept that they were but i dont belive it.
    And i dont buy that bs that they coudl be excused like this one - *If we dont give him sex he woudl take other girl which accepted to get bedded.* Who fukin cares. You either say yes or say no.

Hell on place of that guy i would sue them if they jsut talk this shit withotu any proof. Wanna accuse someone - give the fukin proof.

Personally i think It was like some huge boss with money asked girl to fuck him and he will promote her to movie. Then girl became Very popular actress. And now she is accusing him in Great Big Rape. But truth is if she didnt bed him she would do some low lvl job in 95% cases. Be fukin happy that this guy promote you to big world and it costed you only sex him.
    Last edited by Seidhe; 2017-10-16 at 01:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nature is merely evolution. Humans have evolved with a mind capable of distinguishing between morals, right and wrong by what we define. The whole of our society defines rape/assault/abuse as "not o.k." I would say "nature" has had a heavy hand in regulating our sexual behavior, at least in the context of humans.

So yes, "Nature" does give a fuck, if you insist on animating it into some indifferent god.
    Your mind, and brains generally, tell your body to do and not do certain things. But not all things.

Sometimes the mind isn't strong enough.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    whats wrong with asking woman for sex if she wants to get higher on her profession (especially in arts such as movies). If she refuses - then who cares. cant see any assault or harrasment here. IF he raped without permisson - then yes it should be punishable. But half of those women MIGHT be #metoo'ing when they before were like *yes take me to that role in movie even if it requires some bed deal*, but ofc now they are so popular that everyone would believe they was unwillingly taken to that bed. I might accept that they were but i dont belive it.
    And i dont buy that bs that they coudl be excused like this one - *If we dont give him sex he woudl take other girl which accepted to get bedded.* Who fukin cares. You either say yes or say no.
    Saying "I'll give you this part if you suck my dick" is sexual cohesion and manipulation not to mention a exploitation of your power. It's morally wrong and legally grey at best