Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not to be a dick but can we stop the irrelevant nature argument please
    How is it irrelevant when individuals in this thread still condone sexual abuse by a (false) argument of "it's in our genes, get over it"? It's entirely relevant to the topic of this thread anyway.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

15+ Year Old Account
    Err "I was 19. He plied me with alcohol, forced a tongue kiss and touched my chest. I blamed myself for being drunk. #MeToo." "
    That's one of a brave man.

You don't force a tongue kiss if you want to keep your tongue in one piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That's one of a brave man.

You don't force a tongue kiss if you want to keep your tongue in one piece.
    I've experienced this and usually shock and surprise take over followed by disgust and revulsion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    How is it irrelevant when individuals in this thread still condone sexual assault by a (false) argument of "it's in our genes, get over it"? It's entirely relevant to the topic of this thread anyway.
    I don't think anyone is condoning sexual assaults here.

Just that saying "it's wrong" doesn't magically stop it from happening. Because, eh, genes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've experienced this and usually shock and surprise take over followed by disgust and revulsion
    Giver or taker?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I'm glad the scope of sex abuse and pedophilia by Hollywood democrats and liberals is being exposed. We need to expose these left-wing rapists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    whats wrong with asking woman for sex if she wants to get higher on her profession (especially in arts such as movies). If she refuses - then who cares. cant see any assault or harrasment here. IF he raped without permisson - then yes it should be punishable. But half of those women MIGHT be #metoo'ing when they before were like *yes take me to that role in movie even if it requires some bed deal*, but ofc now they are so popular that everyone would believe they was unwillingly taken to that bed. I might accept that they were but i dont belive it.
    And i dont buy that bs that they coudl be excused like this one - *If we dont give him sex he woudl take other girl which accepted to get bedded.* Who fukin cares. You either say yes or say no.

Hell on place of that guy i would sue them if they jsut talk this shit withotu any proof. Wanna accuse someone - give the fukin proof.

Personally i think It was like some huge boss with money asked girl to fuck him and he will promote her to movie. Then girl became Very popular actress. And now she is accusing him in Great Big Rape. But truth is if she didnt bed him she would do some low lvl job in 95% cases. Be fukin happy that this guy promote you to big world and it costed you only sex him.
    Ugly truth, if u remove morals - who are themselves very useless since each society has its own set of 'codes' - i can see what u say is the truth
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

1. looking at
    2. talking to
    3. making a lewd remark
    4. touching a hand
    5. grouping a butt
    6. grouping a breast
    7. exposing yourself
    8. ....
    ~. rape

So there is a spectrum of men showing interest, going from looks all the way to rape. It's really important to the conversation to know were are on the scale.

Harvey Weinstein talked to women and touched breasts so he's like a 6. Far as I know he never raped anyone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    One participant in the kiss was the starter. That person will act as if the other person is willing. It is only through resistance that this active participant will notice he was unwanted in his action.

You can't know he "forced" it until he tried and was offered resistance.
    You don't just tongue stangers randomly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't think anyone is condoning sexual assaults here.

Just that saying "it's wrong" doesn't magically stop it from happening. Because, eh, genes.

- - - Updated - - -

Giver or taker?
    He snogged me... I was 18 he was 50, you would think he knew

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    1. looking at
    2. talking to
    3. making a lewd remark
    4. touching a hand
    5. grouping a butt
    6. grouping a breast
    7. exposing yourself
    8. ....
    ~. rape

So there is a spectrum of men showing interest, going from looks all the way to rape. It's really important to the conversation to know were are on the scale.

Harvey Weinstein talked to women and touched breasts so he's like a 6. Far as I know he never raped anyone.
    We're discussing sexual abuse

10+ Year Old Account
    Err "I was 19. He plied me with alcohol, forced a tongue kiss and touched my chest. I blamed myself for being drunk. #MeToo." "
    And than what happened? Did she leave or did she stayed for more alcohol? Don't bother, we know what happened.

You don't just tongue stangers randomly
    What strangers? He didn't nab her off the street and kissed her and felt her breasts.

By context of the post, they were in a social gathering and they were drinking together.

We're discussing sexual abuse

So you're saying the #MeToo hashtag has nothing to do with Harvey Weinstein? Got it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So you're saying the #MeToo hashtag has nothing to do with Harvey Weinstein? Got it.
    Weinstein is about harrassment and abuse, the rape allegations is contested

Sure is exposing the scale, I mean, why would anyone LIE for attention, especially if that attention makes them more likely to get work in the future! Twitter is surely the last bastion of hope for this great nation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they name and shame it's pointless.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-10-16 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't feel I can tell my story out of fear of judgement, so let me use a hashtag on a public social media platform to tell everyone.

???
    It's easier online than RL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    What strangers? He didn't nab her off the street and kissed her and felt her breasts.

By context of the post, they were in a social gathering and they were drinking together.
    Nightclub etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sexually harassed. Here's the thing though: magnitude and persistence are both important. Also, sexual harassment and sexual assault are not the same thing, at all, and the article should not be conflating them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that humans live long lives. The chances that a human will experience a negative sexual interaction at some point in their lives is pretty high. So just saying 'me too' doesn't really give useful data on how widespread the problem is. Again, magnitude and persistence are important; and I'll add a third factor as well, which is repetition.

The reason I'm arguing a bit against the ideas presented in this article is because sexual harassment is a negative outcome to the generally positive process of courting. Men are expected to put themselves out there. Sometimes they'll do things that are not correct, but ultimately not terribly damaging unless you have the mental fortitude of a feather. That being said, we should try to encourage a culture that minimizes mistakes or bad strategies.

Nightclub etc
    Which is a context in which people grab one another more easily, and thus it's harder to determine if any advances were unwanted.

People who frequent parties and nightclubs shouldn't be surprised at other people trying to make advances at them.

That's the whole premise of these events/places.

If you don't like that, don't go to these places. I certainly hate them and steer very far away.

Deleted
    Given people nowadays call even just a mean look an assault, I wouldn't pay much attention to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Unless they name and shame it's pointless.
    That totally couldn't be abused in any way. Unlike the way you abused me for years as a child, you literal Satan demon. I'm naming and shaming you right now, and you can't defend yourself because I named you as a pedophile monster. I don't need proof because twitter/MMO-C isn't a court of law, enjoy having your life ruined for no reason.

what a convenient way to leech on to the sympathy train. it's easy to make shit up on social media just to get noticed. People need to name names or it's just another hashtag fad that'll fade come next week