Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found this one really awesome orc: Skun the Survivor. I don't remember his original title, but he jumped me once early on in Minas Morgul, and an assassin followed up and joined him. No orcs followed us onto the rooftops, so I didn't really have anywhere to heal. Twas an epic and tense fight. Anyway, days later I return for a quest, and this guy shows up to jump me. Now he is pretty awesome, more traits than I could list and only a slight weakness to stealth attacks, immune to ALL elements. I beat him, although the only way was to retreat and ambush him multiple times. I wanted to recruit him, but, alas, iron will. I shame him, and to my surprise, he doesn't lose too many of his cool traits...or Iron Will. I beat him yet again, this time shaming him also breaks his mind, which should be expected considering how fragile his skull must be under those iron bands. Later, he follows me all the way to GORGOROTH, and I finally manage to make him mine. Time to train him in the fight pits...and a marksman explodes his skull with an explosive bolt. FML, I had such high hopes for him, but he resisted me until he was too weak to serve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    40 hours later I’ve finally beaten the game.

Almost died retaking the last keep but my bodyguard saved me by decapitating the Overlord just as he was about to shoot me dead, then bragging about saving me.

That last act was really frustrating at times, seriously fuck those ‘no chance’ Cursed Archers that I got saddled with. I came pretty close to downloading that cheat engine thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to summon a drake on command is so much fun. It encourages me to explore for relics and side missions from avoiding all of the annoying terrain and makes invading fortresses that much more fun. I'm surprised that the summon is as strong as it is. Unlimited fire attacks with no cooldown and frequent self healing. I found myself soloing three captains within seconds at one point (with a screenshot on my steam page).

I like the drake too, though seems every archer and non archer in the region can hit you from miles away, least on nemesis mode. In act 4 atm and every captain takes a while to whittle down now, even with a level 40 legendary set and 2 random legendary items. Level 45-46, so maybe it is the gear. I'm liking act 4 Talion, hope i can keep him that way, much cooler abilities and a better look. I like the mist green effect and the peace and quiet

I have two legendary items that require me to resurrect a captain, How do i go about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post
    I like the drake too, though seems every archer and non archer in the region can hit you from miles away, least on nemesis mode. In act 4 atm and every captain takes a while to whittle down now, even with a level 40 legendary set and 2 random legendary items. Level 45-46, so maybe it is the gear. I'm liking act 4 Talion, hope i can keep him that way, much cooler abilities and a better look. I like the mist green effect and the peace and quiet

I have two legendary items that require me to resurrect a captain, How do i go about that?
    from what i know act 4 is the last act and is the part of the game where you can just keep playing and upgrading your captains and forts forever and ever

it does have another true ending by the end of it all, but technically you're done with the story

lol I was just killed by an random Orc while fighting two Captains and the taunt the Orc gave me was about proving to others that he beat me by beating me with his severed arm when he took his Captain form he was missing an arm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post
    Feed crappy lvl 40 followers to the fight pits, hope that they don't lose their heads and then ressurect them on the army menu.

Bad day yesterday. Two legendaries got their asses handed to them. One got killed by my reinforcements before being able to catch him, the other was killed by me, after having spent hours of leveling down, dying, again leveling down, dying, rinse repeat, I decided to give up and just shoot him in the face. Maybe he'll come back :P

Such a pity. The first legendary was a regular guy I killed and was brought back by his brothers (?), but much stronger. He was now called "the machine" and looked like cyborg Freeza. He died way too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc Slavery Made Me Quit ‘Middle-earth: Shadow of War’
    “When is my rest?,” he begged. I pulled him close to me, dominated his weakened mind, put him in my orc stable, and immediately shut down the game.
    Wow, this just...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I love how fucked up this game can be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shadow_of_w...over_and_over/

The first time he was level 33, boasting about how he successfully managed to ambush me. I handily battled him up on the rooftops of Minas Morghûl and quickly defeated him. At first I wanted to recruit him, seeing how he was Legendary and all, but his Iron Will got in the way. So I burned my mark of shame into his skull and mind before I sent him on his way. But something about his voice and countenance just struck me in an interesting way.

The second time he was level 23, and when our blades met he roared in rage "What have you done to me?! Your elf-curse! I haven't been the same ever since!"

The third time he was level 12, and when I casually walked up to him he could only cry incredulousely "You ruined my body! You ruined my mind! You ruined my life! DIE!!!"

The fourth time he was level 4, and when I patted him on the back, he turned around and screeched "Why?! Why do you keep doing this?!" Finally his mind broke, and all he could do from there on was emit a wailing laughter.

Once again I went to look for him to repeat the process, only for his Blood Brother, an Olog-Hai to ambush me. He roared at me in fury how I turned his beloved friend into a broken wreck and that he would have his revenge. Laughing, I left the slow Olog behind without a fight, formulating a most fun and interesting plan in my mind as I went to shame the orc again.

The fifth time he was level 1, the orc only laughed.

The sixth time he was level 1, the orc only laughed, followed by a series of sobs.

The seventh time he was level 1, the orc laughed and cried, finally prompting me to enact my plan: I recruited him and sent him to kill his Blood Brother, the aforementioned Olog.

So the two Blood Brothers met, one too insane to even remotely realise what he was doing anymore. The troll-man looked at the broken mess his once-friend had become, a spurned wretch that would never recover, but nonetheless this was the Olog's brother, and he refused to lay hand on him.

Suddenly the broken brother I had sent halted, his beady, sanity-voided eyes staring up at the troll-man he had shared so many fond memories with back in more simple times and battles. Somewhere in his deranged mind, amid wholly insane laughter and sobbing, he remembered how the two of them had fought side by side, how their companionship had eased times of defeat and braved opponents priorly-thought undefeatable. He could no longer remember these times now, his shattered mind incapable of grasping any sane thought, but nonetheless he saw his brother, and for a last and final time his mind held fast onto the only sanity he could muster: Their friendship.

Shaking off my control, the two celebrated their reunion, certain that the power of friendship prevailed that day as they turned to me in vengeance, ready to strike me down where I stood.

Of course I immediately proceeded to slaughter the two for betraying me. Why is it that everyone keeps telling me I could become as bad as Sauron? Clearly I am the hero this world deserves.

Update #1: So that shamed commander I reduced to level 1 and then killed along with his Blood Brother has now managed to cheat death and returned to ambush me. He is level 45 again, and he keeps coming back to fight me while slowly replacing his limbs with metal parts.

He is still completely insane, only ever laughing, but there is now one subtitle whenever he ambushes me: Blood Brother Revenge.

I like to think that he keeps cheating death and claws his way up the levels just to avenge his brother and his own descent into madness.

I shall now repeat the process of shaming him to level 1.

Am I not a merciful god?

Update #2: I had a change of heart. After reducing the orc (his name is Ronk the Warden) once again to level 1, I decided to recruit him. By now he has ceased his laughter, he now only cries.

Finding my work to be satisfactory, I cast him into Minas Morghûl's fighting pits, confident he would fall quickly enough and I would be done with him. Predictably enough, the fight against a fire-spear wielding defender orc began pretty one-sided, the level 6 Ronk (he gained those levels due to my Sword of Dominion coupled with Refined Wealth Gem) was quickly pummeled and looked to be losing ground rapidly.

Then he suddenly got enraged due to mortal wounds and fought back with roaring fury, beating and tearing at the foe who found himself trying to mount a futile defence behind his shield. Ronk's rage didn't cease, instead he just kept attacking the foe, clawing away at his health bit by bit until finally he cut off his head.

Amused, I threw Ronk into more pit fights, seeing him defeat each and every foe and slowly gaining back his levels while at it. Having reached an adequate level again, I ordered him towards more refined prey: Two Blood Brothers, an olog and an orc on a hunting trip. He actually managed to kill both all on his own (I made sure to kill all the grunts that he brought with him), while crying the entire time.

My dear little Ronk, you need to understand my heroic mercy: The cruel Sauron would demand that you stand. I only demand that you kneel.

Update #3: Naturally, it was inevitable that Ronk would shake off my control and try to ambush me sooner or later. Disenfranchised Blood Brothers always cause such trouble. Why can't they be selfless and compassionate like me? Couldn't they think about someone other than themselves just once? I was hurt, my feelings were so very, very hurt.

Having grown heroically bored of him, I welcomed his ambush with a smile, even as he held my bodyguard, a level 44 epic Olog, at knife-point as he blubbered and flabbergasted his way out of my mind control. First I summoned a Graug as interlude, though he quickly disposed of the beast, as befitting a captain of his calibre, suffering only a few scratches.

Next I revived my bodyguard, who gave Ronk a much needed proper engagement. Though before long, I tired of the display and dismissed the troll-man before Ronk could finish him off. Now Ronk remained at half-health and was dazed from exhaustion of a long string of rage; of course I did only the properly heroic thing and immediately seized the opportunity to fill his hide with knives and arrows before getting work with the glaive to bypass the numerous adaptations he had amassed by now.

Before long I had filled up my Might meter to the brim, allowing me to enact the last step of my plan: With Ronk broken, I conducted a brutal execution, savagely cutting off his arm and legs before bisecting him at the waist. Chortling as I looked down at my handiwork, the torn mess of amputated limbs and pools of blood that remained of Ronk, I felt my heroism rise once more. Of course I was not without compassion, as I made sure to use the Destroy Followers skill after luring an Olog before his corpse. To remind him of the time I gutted his blood brother, I left the troll's decapitated carcass before his dying sight. I am certain he appreciated the gesture.

By all that is good and holy, the story really should end here. After all, the hero had successfully disposed of a villain in a right and proper fashion, little else needed to be said. I was certain Ronk wouldn't return, destroyed as he was.

I was wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Read the article, he is actually praising how the game works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yeah, was a good read. Can't really fault the man for having feeling, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are experiencing difficulty in the late game. What difficulty are you playing on?

Also, please list the difficulty levels you can choose from since I haven't purchased the game.

Such as:
    Easy
    Normal
    Hard
    Expert
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I love how fucked up this game can be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shadow_of_w...over_and_over/
    That was an amazing read.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I read the article, it's embarrassing that a person would stop playing a game because of the feelings of imaginary orcs.
    I'm not sure what your comment has to do with mine.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-10-16 at 03:59 PM.

if there was ever a game that would be blamed for causing psychosis in people it would probably be this game given how hilariously fucked up it can get with the shaming and forcing blood brothers to violently murder each other or alternatively violently murder one blood brother just to leave the other a broken miserable wreck.

I am not even ashamed of the joy I feel by breaking down resisting captains to the point of them being nothing but bumbling and blubbering wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    if there was ever a game that would be blamed for causing psychosis in people it would probably be this game given how hilariously fucked up it can get with the shaming and forcing blood brothers to violently murder each other or alternatively violently murder one blood brother just to leave the other a broken miserable wreck.

I am not even ashamed of the joy I feel by breaking down resisting captains to the point of them being nothing but bumbling and blubbering wrecks.
    No the game your thinking of that would do that is The Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For those who are experiencing difficulty in the late game. What difficulty are you playing on?

Also, please list the difficulty levels you can choose from since I haven't purchased the game.

Such as:
    Easy
    Normal
    Hard
    Expert
    Easy
    Normal
    Nemesis.

Play on nemesis for more fun.

Nemesis = more orc betrayal and Captains are harder and you actually have to think (especially for the ones with "Arrow-proof" or immune to elemental stuff)
    And generally the hardest one , but after playing all the way to act 4 (act 3 was like one quest i think?)

The game is fun as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    No the game your thinking of that would do that is The Sims.
    Well yeah I guess locking people inside a pool or a room with a ton of fire hazards is also pretty fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Easy
    Normal
    Nemesis.

Play on nemesis for more fun.

Nemesis = more orc betrayal and Captains are harder and you actually have to think (especially for the ones with "Arrow-proof" or immune to elemental stuff)
    And generally the hardest one , but after playing all the way to act 4 (act 3 was like one quest i think?)

The game is fun as fuck.
    I honestly may just play on easy if I get the game, lol.

While I don't mind a challenge, I loath an RNG challenge.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.