Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It is very simple logic. If you have more guns, you will have more gun deaths. It also follows that if you have more cars you will have more car accidents and deaths from accidents.

Nobody denies this fact. I really dont know why people keep trying to bring up this point.
    Cars have a very different function in society. They are a means of transportation. Unfortunately car accidents happen.

Guns, however, are designed to be used as weapons to kill people.

There is a fundamental difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Cars have a very different function in society. They are a means of transportation. Unfortunately car accidents happen.

People keep spouting this but it doesn't mean anything.

If you own a chainsaw then chances are an accident with a chainsaw probably go up.

Its a flawed argument and always will be.

Societal function is irrelevant when it comes to how the numbers work.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-16 at 02:16 PM.

Thats not the point being argued. The point being argued is if you have more of something you will have more issues dealing with it. If you allow alcohol use, you will have more DUI, if you have more "hard" drug use, you will have more overdoses. If you have more pools you will have more drownings. If you allow more cars on the roads, you will have more accidents. Sooooo following the same logic, if you allow more firearms ownership, you will have more firearm deaths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    People keep spouting this but it doesn't mean anything.

If you own a chainsaw then chances are an accident with a chainsaw probably go up.

Its a flawed argument and always will be.
    Chainsaws are power tools. They are dangerous, but they aren't being sold to people for attacking other people with them.

Thats not the point being argued. The point being argued is if you have more of something you will have more issues dealing with it. If you allow alcohol use, you will have more DUI, if you have more "hard" drug use, you will have more overdoses. If you have more pools you will have more drownings. If you allow more cars on the roads, you will have more accidents. Sooooo following the same logic, if you allow more firearms ownership, you will have more firearm deaths.
    None of those other things are designed and sold as means to kill other people.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Chainsaws are power tools. They are dangerous, but they aren't being sold to people for attacking other people with them.
    Neither are guns.

How it this concept hard? In the USA guns are sold as a defensive product against "people", not an offensive one.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-16 at 02:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither are guns.

How it this concept hard? In the USA guns are sold as a defensive product, not an offensive one.
    If you are shooting at another person, regardless of him shooting at you first, you are still attacking that person.

Kevlar chest is a defensive product, a gun isn't.

Calling a gun a defensive product is just blatantly dishonest and wrong.

None of those other things are designed and sold as means to kill other people.

Again, you are missing the entire point of the argument. I am not discussing the historic or advertised use of the objects. I am discussing how the argument doesnt make sense.

Deleted
    Neither are guns.

How it this concept hard? In the USA guns are sold as a defensive product, not an offensive one.
    It doesn't matter if you use a gun offensive or defensive for the gun to be made to attack and kill someone. They simply are made to attack and kill someone.

Quite the irony.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-16 at 02:27 PM.

It is very simple logic. If you have more guns, you will have more gun deaths. It also follows that if you have more cars you will have more car accidents and deaths from accidents.

Nobody denies this fact. I really dont know why people keep trying to bring up this point.
    Exactly, so harsher gun laws = less guns in circulation = less gun deaths.. not sure how anyone can be against that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite the irony.
    Oh, out of arguments?

Oh, out of arguments?
    Using the term "attack" in this manner when regarding guns because its emotionally driven.

No company in the USA markets guns to the public "buy our product so you can attack people". None.

They are sold as defensive products. Period.

You are trying to use the term "attack" out of context and its bullshit. ie: you are the one being dishonest.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-16 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are shooting at another person, regardless of him shooting at you first, you are still attacking that person.

Best defense is a good offence?

Deleted
    Again, you are missing the entire point of the argument. I am not discussing the historic or advertised use of the objects. I am discussing how the argument doesnt make sense.
    How doesn't it make sense? If you have A in society and A causes B, then you look at B and see if it is good or bad, when B is bad you want to have as little A in society as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    How doesn't it make sense? If you have A in society and A causes B, then you look at B and see if it is good or bad, when B is bad you want to have as little A in society as you can.
    Well our society determined guns are not bad.

So what is the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Exactly, so harsher gun laws = less guns in circulation = less gun deaths.. not sure how anyone can be against that.
    Well, now we get into the realm of what the 2nd Amendment is about. Who should be able to buy guns? What gun laws can we pass that will result in a decrease of deaths? Why dont we enforce harsher sentences when guns are used in crimes? etc...etc...

It isnt that anyone is against it, it is how do you balance those laws without denying law abiding people their rights? Lets also be fair here, this shit only comes up when a dozen innocent people are killed at an event. Usually by guns legally purchased. Nobody says a word when its Pokey on a street corner slinging crack shooting someone that ripped him on a drug deal. The later results in more deaths then the former.

Deleted
    Using the term "attack" in this manner when regarding guns because its emotionally driven.

No company in the USA markets guns to the public "buy our product so you can attack people". None.

They are sold as defensive products. Period.

You are trying to use the term "attack" out of context and its bullshit. ie: you are the one being dishonest.
    Of course not, they want to sell guns. You are defending their market ploy, that is all that there is too this. You are the one who is trying to put this out off context with your defensive hur dur, while it is obvious that guns are made to attack something, not to defend something. You defend something by attacking it, that doesn't make it any less of an attack.

10+ Year Old Account

So what is the argument?
    I suppose then there is no problem.

Deleted

So what is the argument?
    That you can't complain about people being shot, because clearly that is how you want your society to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

I like how you mix ignorance with certainty.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.