Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hate playing team oriented FPS games, due to the high level of toxicity. I don't understand why people would keep playing something that makes them incredibly angry all the time.

Does that mean that they suck? No, of course not. Overwatch was one of the most successful games last year, and is still going strong.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

When it first came out I got into it hard for a day or two, collecting feverishly and leveling one team up to 25. But after the initial collection and leveling spree, there wasn't anything else I "wanted" to do, so, no, if it's popular then I'm not really getting it either. The turn-based combat can be fun, but I just don't have a reason to do it. It's not fun to "have" to have certain pet ability sets to specifically counter those legendary pets. I'd rather just use my favorite team with my favorite attacks. Haven't tried the pet dungeons.

I don't think it is as popular as it was, but it is still something a lot of people do. I think the issue with not seeing it as much, is that people don't battle just to battle, they are leveling pets and collecting new ones/best ones, once you have them you don't need more - except a few that you'll want 3/3 of. And if you are leveling a toon, you'll hit a pet battle here and there since you get the same XP as you would a quest, so it's a nice little break (pre-alt flying). Also, those of us that do have large max level armies, have certain places we go to power level (double xp weekend, squirt combo etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I have never focused on it in game, but if this was available in the App and working on ipad I would play the shit outta it, its like Hearthstone, but you get WoW benefits.

Doing PvP Pet Battles I usually get paired up within a minute... so maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only barely got into the battle pet thing for the falcosaur mounts (still need two more but can't be fucked)

Seems like a decent system but my interests stopped there. Maybe if they add more cool things to unlock with battle pets but afaik that's about it for non-pet rewards. Seems like a complex system too especially when you start doing PvP.

I don't battle for the fun of it, specifically, but I do a lot of battles for collection and pet leveling purposes. Currently at 899 pets, all rare and max level cept ones that can't be leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Do people like Pokemon? Short answer - yes. That's why the feature is still in.

It might not be everyone's cut of tea, but it is for some. It's hard to make it the PRIMARY feature of WoW, but as a side activity - it's good.
    I love Pokemon, and hate Pet Battles in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I personally don't find the feature interesting at all. I get nothing from my pet cat battling someone else stupid pet cat. I just don't get it. I get slightly irritated when I get a pet from a quest as I don't care about collecting them either.

How much of the player base actually pet battles on the regular?
    I would like to distinguish those of us that participate in pet battles but hate it and only do it because their OCD on collections and achievements.

I enjoy succeeding with unconventional pet strategies. I win a lot with 2x elemental pets that have scorched earth and conflagarate. (Fel flames come to mind). Your elemental pet is immune to the scorched earth ticks. Once set up i switch to molten corgi and hide behind puppies of the flame and heals while scorched earth keeps ticking.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Like others have said, collecting pets seems to be more popular than actually battling with them. It would be a better system if each pet gave you some kind of perk that helped you in the "real" world. Use a flying pet that increases your flying speed by X%. Something like that. Collecting stuff is cool, but out of the people that collect them, I'd be curious to find out how many actually battle with them on a regular basis.
    Yeah, but if they gave a real perk then people would bitch to high heaven about how they "have" to do it.

No, they are not. They're actually a waste of space

I thought about messing with it while waiting on dungeon queues .. I got bored, fast.

However, considering the sales and values of battle pets.
    It's clear enough of an audience cares about them that there is a fairly large profit to be made from them.

I love how ppl criticize mythic raiding because only x% does it but they never complain about pet battles. Just an ego issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I love how ppl criticize mythic raiding because only x% does it but they never complain about pet battles. Just an ego issue.
    One takes significantly more developer resources over the other so its not even the same thing

I have no doubt it has an audience. What I am really wondering is, why hasn't Blizzard expanded the system in complexity beyond new pets since its release if it is that popular? One would think breeding mechanics would have been introduced already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't think it is as popular as it was, but it is still something a lot of people do.
    On the contrary with the pet dungeons now even more people do it then before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    thats because more people do pet battles then the numbers of mythic raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    look we found the hater of the thread.

As in Pokemon, I only cared to collect the rare and cool looking pets, which I did back in MOP during it's release since then the last 2 Expansions I have not caught one pet nor have I participated in any pet Battles. In MOP I got all the Pet achievements, Pets, and battles quite regularly to level characters. But when they didn't raise level Cap in WOD I said Fuck that and gave up on the whole system. Now I think it's a waste of time to continue to develop it. The Rare pets have already been caught and no one cares about the new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    :'> a bit like you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Yes, it's very popular.

:'> a bit like you then.
    I have a use.. a purpose