Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Twitter is not the place for legal accusations. Naming names on twitter does nothing but damage reputations with no actual evidence or even an actual crime being committed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    That totally couldn't be abused in any way. Unlike the way you abused me for years as a child, you literal Satan demon. I'm naming and shaming you right now, and you can't defend yourself because I named you as a pedophile monster. I don't need proof because twitter/MMO-C isn't a court of law, enjoy having your life ruined for no reason.
    Well then the person got away with it and will continue doing because they're millionaires. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    What position of power? The only thing involved is money. Plain and simple. As far as real cohercive power, as in, forcing you to do something against your wishes, a freaking producer, director or whatever bigshot is completly powerless.

All these people were free to refuse and work flipping burgers and maintain their dignity, but they feel they deserve more than that so they'd rather sell their bodies...and now they "come foward", being "courageous", as if people forgot what it was truly all about.
    I don't think you understand much of how the world works, especially concerning money. To such an extent that I barely want to humor you, but whatever.

"Burger flipping" and anything at that wage level is not a fun way to live. It's barely living. It's excruciating.

Now imagine that any attempt to move up from an excruciating way of life has to involve dealing with people like this at some point or another. That's really how it is. Not just in Hollywood, but in pretty much every field - as a woman, you will eventually encounter the man in power above you that puts sexual harassment on the table. Some people - and that % that makes up 'some' is still alarmingly high - encounter the man in power who not only puts sexual harassment on the table, he has the power to kick you back to burger flipping. For some of that some, the man in power does not make it an offer or an ignorable offense - instead, he takes it, and he relies on his power to keep you from telling the story. Because having your "dignity" is cute until you're working two jobs and donating plasma just to make rent.

Frankly, to try to defend or rationalize the other side with the indefensibly fallacious "hey you can say no" is nothing short of disgusting. It's willfully ignorant to the reality of the world and the driving power of the economy, and that money = life in America. Not to mention being a repugnant human being.

But this kind of power dynamic goes even further; my fiance knows all of this stuff. She's got multiple degrees. She's a smart person and she even has an administrative job. But someone hugged and made inappropriate comments to her a couple weeks ago, and she still wasn't sure that she could flat out tell the guy to back off, because there's the lingering fear of "I could lose my job if he complains to my boss." Which I'm fairly certain would not actually happen - either him reporting to her boss or her boss not taking her side - but then, on the other hand, the fear becomes somewhat justified when you see that A) these things have gone to court and ended poorly for the woman before, B) so many companies are so wary of lawsuits that standing out in any legal means makes the company wary of you, and thus more likely to not take your side in future incidents in order to cut a potential legal liability.

But really, I just came here to note that hey, once again, a GenOT thread at all related to women is devolving into pure neckbeardism in just a few pages. We can all rest assured that nothing here ever changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    But really, I just came here to note that hey, once again, a GenOT thread at all related to women is devolving into pure neckbeardism in just a few pages. We can all rest assured that nothing here ever changes.
    This. I always hesitate to comment on these threads as it turns in to exactly this. If woman are silent, they are wrong. If they speak out, they are wrong. Maybe woman aren't the problem?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope that all the actresses who are super rich now thanks to sex with Harvey will have the decency to give the money they earned to a foundation protecting women.

this thread is both terrifying and illustrates how the issue is so prevalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    This. I always hesitate to comment on these threads as it turns in to exactly this. If woman are silent, they are wrong. If they speak out, they are wrong. Maybe woman aren't the problem?
    Pretty much. It makes me very sad considering the majority of women in my life have been more than harassed. Most of the women I know have been either sexually abused, assaulted, or raped. And this isn't just, "He touched my shoulder and it made me feel icky." This is forced against their will by someone who was stronger than them, and intimidating.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are just wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

People are ignorant on not only how common it is but the shame so many men and women feel who are victims of sexual abuse/assault.
    I have to say that sounds like a controversy. If it was so common, people wouldn't be ignorant. They would know it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe they are just wrong!
    Case in point.

If i would be that rich producer i would just let those young actress sign some kind of a waiver of rights to complain about that kind of sex, if they agreed to fuck for promotion. Or maybe even film they speaking they wont complain later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I have to say that sounds like a controversy. If it was so common, people wouldn't be ignorant. They would know it
    People DO know it. It has become accepted, unfortunately. Simply take a gander at the replies just in this thread. We all know it happens to men and women. The split occurs when people either try to justify it for monetary/success reasons, or deem that both sexual abuse and harassment are just plain wrong.

maybe just dont take part of that sex. Just be better actress not that kind which takes sex for promotion. Yes it would be harder but its another question. As long as u havent been raped by brute force you dont have rights to complain if u part of that fuck-promotion.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont take that *he wont promote me or demote if i dont sex him* as a kind of rape. Go to other producer or filmmaker, i dont believe that there is no honest people of that kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    If i would be that rich producer i would just let those young actress sign some kind of a waiver of rights to complain about that kind of sex, if they agreed to fuck for promotion. Or maybe even film they speaking they wont complain later.
    Or maybe, you could just not demand sex for the part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Those in the know do know it's common, unfortunately very very few report it

The thing is, yes I know ill get major backlash for this, the vast majority of sex assault cases have zero evidence. Its hard to prove anything actually happened, I could go ahead and accuse someone I know of sex assault and could basically ruin their lives without any actual evidence thanks to the shit that is twitter mob justice. I had a family member who accused someone of rape but he didn't actually do it and it had zero repercussions for them. Then you got the people who will just jump out instantly with the "I always believe the woman!" crap the second someone claims abuse, which makes getting actual justice hard considering long before a trial happens that person is already ruined even if the case gets thrown out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Supply and demand.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That would be the ideal.

I am also thinking Seidhe is laser-focused on the rape aspect. Sexual harassment and abuse does not always equate to rape. Drawing the line in the sand that "it doesn't matter if it isn't rape" is asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on the actual topic. The Me Too campaign doesn't revolve around demanding sexual interaction for a job (though that can be part of it based on the individual's experience). This is about women and men letting the world know the extent of which personal sexual boundaries have been breached without consent. This has honestly been a topic for a long time, but now people have found a way to really show the world the numbers of which people have had their boundaries breached.

I applaud this movement, and I think this is something that people shouldn't disregard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Those in the know do know it's common, unfortunately very very few report it
    Fortunately, this is happening now. Better late than never.