Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No thanks. They should revert all specs to their MoP or WoD iterations, every single spec was absolutely gutted and destroyed thanks to Legion.

Marksman should have no pet option at all.
    Beast Mastery should be limited to a single pet, but with more interactions with it.
    Survival could stay as a melee spec, but it's current iteration is terrible. Trying so hard to be unique from the other 2 specs that it's just useless and nobody plays it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTang View Post
    No thanks. They should revert all specs to their MoP or WoD iterations, every single spec was absolutely gutted and destroyed thanks to Legion.
    Shadow Priest would've been perfect, but since it relies so much on adds living a while it's absolute shit in mythic+ below +10.
    Discipline could've been perfect, but it's way too much effort when you can just bring any other healer and do just as well (unless you're incredibly good at the spec).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a hunter main so my opinion means shit but as a casual fan of hunters the class is absolutely boring as hell to play currently compared to MoP (when I first leveled him) and I avoid the new survival because I play hunter to be ranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Options? What options? When was the last time you saw a MM with a pet? I raided all HFC without a pet and it was very wrong. Hunter is a pet class and should always be a pet class.
    How you raid and what you like does not concern me. It must kill you inside that MM is doing well without a pet. You will just have to learn to deal with the fact that a Hunter spec can be played without a pet and that people like it. If you still feel emotional about it.. don't feed your pet your tears. They are very salty.

I agree that hunters need a rework. I loved my hunter in MoP and WoD, but with the legion changes she is still only level 104. Every now and then I want to play a hunter and manage to get part of a level or maybe a full level done before the changes piss me off and I stop playing her again. Thankfully they didnt ruin rogues so I at least had another character to play.

Yes all 3 specs need full rework. Gameplay is boring as hell.

But this also applies to some other classes. Pruning was bad for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter was my main since Vanilla.
    Got 2 of them on 100 and one on 110. It's my least played class now. I always try to force myself to find some joy in its gameplay, but I can't.
    It makes me very sad.

There were good reworks (like unholy DK), and there were some bad ones (like rogue all specs). Hunter is the worst... by far!

I didn't read anything, just came here to say that Survival during MoP/WoD was the best dps spec Blizzard ever made since release.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    They all need to F&%K off and go back to MoP. Not one spec has improved since then. Its all been downhill. And MM having no pet hurts me when i have to play as MM without a pet. I rolled a hunter 12+ years ago b/c it had a pet.

We use to have a mini-game, taming different pets, teaching your main pet abilities from other pets. Levelling the pets. It has all been removed and there primary purpose now is cosmetic....its to the point one of the specs dont even use pets. It has all gone wrong so terribly wrong.
    hunters aren't a pet class to everyone. lots of classes have pets. i only rolled one because it used a bow and nobody else did.

I like BM and MM the way they are. I agree we could use a few more unique spells. I also think survival is interesting even though it isn't in the greatest of places. Personally I just wish Blizzard made all three Hunter specs equal in DPS and made each one have unique utility so it was a personal choice rather than everyone just being forced into 1-2 of our specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    hunters aren't a pet class to everyone. lots of classes have pets. i only rolled one because it used a bow and nobody else did.
    Hunter's have always been a pet class since day one and back in Vanilla they were only one of two classes (other being Warlock) that had pets in the first place. I'd argue that a large majority of Hunters chose that class because of the pets. I think that the fact we have a spec that doesn't need to use one is interesting (personally I'd change it back but I know they never will). My only issue is that MM unless they make it a weaker spec will always be better because they don't need to deal with pet AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beast Master and Survival are both fine as they are. I'd settle for a little fine tuning, but the specs as a whole are good as is. Legion did a great job with that part.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Marksman should have no pet option at all.
    No. Neither should it be de facto forced to drop the pet via Lone Wolf being OP. Marksman is still a hunter.
    Beast Mastery should be limited to a single pet, but with more interactions with it .
    Go away. The extra permanent pet is what hunters (as in: not you; actual hunters) have been asking for since at last Cata, there is a lot of interaction with the pet, generally BM is right now in the best place it was since Vanilla. Could use use a dmg buff but that's it.
    Survival could stay as a melee spec,
    No. The sheer depth of fail that is Legion SV says everything you need to know about melee dps hunters. Let'em tank though and I'll play it.

Before they rework it they need to swap out the incompetent clods who screwed it up in the first place.

*guess I should be somewhat grateful, I would not have been able to quit this game if not for how bad they were at their jobs, oh well back to off-topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    It just showcases that people can't let go of their favorite iteration because of it's convenience. For one expansion when you've gathered the loot after doing raid after raid it feels rewarding having instant aimed shots. But to make it available for every expansion wrecks the spec and rewardsystem in it's core because it's too powerful.
    It is common for blizz to take specific set bonuses and make them baseline just because it worked so well, just like they have done with legendaries recently, more specifically what Mantle of Command used to do. HFC 4pc was praised by many hunters and all it did was remove the cast time. Its not like the previous set before that which buffed the living shit out of rapid fire. Sure it was very good, but you can easily balance that by nerfing AiS dmg, its not a game breaking bonus. Anyways I just miss my hunter :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I like BM and MM the way they are. I agree we could use a few more unique spells. I also think survival is interesting even though it isn't in the greatest of places. Personally I just wish Blizzard made all three Hunter specs equal in DPS and made each one have unique utility so it was a personal choice rather than everyone just being forced into 1-2 of our specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter's have always been a pet class since day one and back in Vanilla they were only one of two classes (other being Warlock) that had pets in the first place. I'd argue that a large majority of Hunters chose that class because of the pets. I think that the fact we have a spec that doesn't need to use one is interesting (personally I'd change it back but I know they never will). My only issue is that MM unless they make it a weaker spec will always be better because they don't need to deal with pet AI.
    MM being better isn't really having the effect that it does on most classes. Majority of hunters are playing BM even though it's bottom dps because it's easy. I'd say we are in a pretty good spot in that case.

I miss MoP BM so much.

Hard-Hitting Ability: Kill Command
    Focus Dump: Arcane Shot
    Focus Regenerator: Cobra Shot (cast time version)
    Dot: Serpent Sting
    Execute: Kill Shot
    Cooldowns: Bestial Wrath / Rapid Fire / Rabid / Focus Fire
    +Stampede
    Tier 5 Talents : A Murder of Crows / Lynx Rush / Blink Strikes
    Tier 6 Talents : Glaive Toss / Barrage / Powershot

Damn it was insane

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    MM being better isn't really having the effect that it does on most classes. Majority of hunters are playing BM even though it's bottom dps because it's easy. I'd say we are in a pretty good spot in that case.
    Meh I slightly disagree with that. I play BM because I find it more fun and in vein with what a hunter is. MoP was my favourite expansion to be a Hunter in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Meh I slightly disagree with that. I play BM because I find it more fun and in vein with what a hunter is. MoP was my favourite expansion to be a Hunter in.
    Pretty much the same. I prefer BM over MM. I also prefer SV over both due to the "funness" of the spec, but I was raiding at the time and my guild is on end of those with a strict "no SV Hunter policy except on farm when it's faceroll easy." Most of my traits went into BM, so capping that at 75 for NLC then back to SV.
    Before anyone kills me for saying SV is fun, I've mained a Hunter since I started playing in Wrath and I enjoy it more than the other melee specs. It's convoluted, to be sure, but it feels so much faster paced than the other melee without being brain dead.
    Don't care if it goes back to rdps or stays melee as I enjoy them both and I was never so in love with rdps SV to be that upset about the change (hell, I looked forward to it), but whatever they do I only hope the class gets some love as a whole. BM is fairly boring (still more fun than MM), MM is just uninspiring to play and not a fan of short windows where all your damage comes from (more a fan of big bursts with CD's and good sustained), and SV is just convoluted and doesn't reward the play as it still falls short of specs that are much easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty much the same. I prefer BM over MM. I also prefer SV over both due to the "funness" of the spec, but I was raiding at the time and my guild is on end of those with a strict "no SV Hunter policy except on farm when it's faceroll easy." Most of my traits went into BM, so capping that at 75 for NLC then back to SV.
    Before anyone kills me for saying SV is fun, I've mained a Hunter since I started playing in Wrath and I enjoy it more than the other melee specs. It's convoluted, to be sure, but it feels so much faster paced than the other melee without being brain dead.
    Don't care if it goes back to rdps or stays melee as I enjoy them both and I was never so in love with rdps SV to be that upset about the change (hell, I looked forward to it), but whatever they do I only hope the class gets some love as a whole. BM is fairly boring (still more fun than MM), MM is just uninspiring to play and not a fan of short windows where all your damage comes from (more a fan of big bursts with CD's and good sustained), and SV is just convoluted and doesn't reward the play as it still falls short of specs that are much easier to play.
    i wasn't that concerned about SV going melee at first when they said they would be combining the old one with MM. but they did it so badly for some reason and just pissed everyone off.

first they made shittier versions of black arrow, LnL, and explosive shot, then put 2 of them on the same row. wtf?

then to top it off they pruned chimera shot, MM's signature ability, and let it rot on BM tree. just because the name sounded like an animal? i don't get it. that's like telling arms warriors you're deleting mortal strike.

i really question whoever was in charge of legion hunter because it just seems like they had 0 experience with the class.

Deleted
    It's felt to me like Blizzard have always lacked the conviction to take MM down the route they seemingly want to go but then pull back from.

MM seems like for the last couple of expansions its been lining up as a sledgehammer, slow but devastating. They then quickly pull back from this and go more towards throwing instant casts in there and use the abilities with cast times less.

There definitely was room for a dot spec (SV), a death by a thousand cuts spec (BM) and a slow wind-up spec (MM) but they never went with it.

I'm a million miles away from the best hunter, but I've found both BM & MM very unenjoyable to play. Possibly because despite their huge differences on the surface, at the times I've alternated between MM, BM and then back to MM it's always been along the same lines. Keep that obscure buff up that just increases your damage output considerably in vulnerable, dire frenzy and then back to vulnerable.

Were all those changes really so that we could just have 2 ranged specs which were/are largely dependant upon your abilities to keep a buff on your target.