Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all ‘part of the plan’. "

Bad things happen there all the time. Events like these are expected and unremarkable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Bunch of hypocrites.. human life should matter no matter the skin color or ethnicity.
    Yeah, those don't matter.

What matter is distance to the person and personal connection to them. In this case they were both far away and complete strangers, so no feelings induced what so ever.

was lead story this AM on local news when i got up, no hashtag is likely due to being an area that is known for having terrorist issues / violence . Also Somalia is not exactly a major player in the world as countries go. Like it or not level influence on world events plays a big part in coverage/support.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, those don't matter.
    What matter is distance to the person and personal connection to them. In this case they were both far away and complete strangers, so no feelings induced what so ever.
    Don't think it has much to do with distance - morely being able to connect with the people that live in the country where the attack happened.
    The only superficial thing that I share with a Somalian is that we are both human. that isn't much of a connection.
    Worrying , praying or whatever will not change anything anyhow.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-10-16 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You forgot a fairly important example...
    Like? Im not a mind reader here lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Don't think it has much to do with distance - morely being able to connect with the people that live in the country where the attack happened.
    The only superficial thing that I share with a Somalian is that we are both human. that isn't much of a connection.
    Worrying , praying or whatever will not change anything anyhow.
    But it is a distance thing in a way. It's easier to connect people near you since you share something similar beyond being Home Sapiens Sapiens. And in case of terror attacks, having the attack near you means your own ass has higher probability to be under the truck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Bunch of hypocrites.. human life should matter no matter the skin color or ethnicity.
    Its not the people that dont care that are hypocrites, they say they dont care and they dont care. Nothing hypocritcal about that. Its the poeple that say they care and do nothing about it and imagine their facebook post or hashtag is some sort of show of solidarity that matters that are hypocrites.

Deleted
    Hashtag for what? They don't even have computers down there, let alone functional boats

What the fuck good is a hashtag going to do for them? I love how people think that the idiot box that is social media is helpful in any way, shape or form. All assbook and twatter have been good for is voice to the witless and have done more damage than good with their presence really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Hashtag for what? They don't even have computers down there, let alone functional boats
    Considering the amount of pirates sailing from Somalia, I'd say they got boats.

Deleted
    Fucking rowboats and multitude of year old single engines. It's really the cargo ship's own fault they even get boarded because they wanna save time due to the travel routes and cutting off defensive personnel.

I enjoy those vids where they attack war ships and gets destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Fucking rowboats and multitude of year old single engines. It's really the cargo ship's own fault they even get boarded because they wanna save time due to the travel routes and cutting off defensive personnel.
    Victim blaming, are we? Disgusting.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I must be old, because I don't give a shit about hashtags.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.
    How about you go there and help instead of cutie signalling here on mmocot

- - - Updated - - -

All this shit talking about the "western world". Where's the "eastern" world in all this?

Is China providing aid? Have they come out and denounced the attacks? How about India? Pakistan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Maybe some people are like that, but I think that's a really uncharitable, nihilistic and frankly untrue view of the world.

America sends drones to try and kill terrorists. We just suck at it because technology can only be so efficient. Imagine this scenario. There exists two magic buttons that the US government has. 1 Button will kill all the Jihadis in the world. By Jihadi I mean specifically Wahhabi Muslims that have or intend to commit Jihad as defined by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, essentially, ISIS and those groups that are ideologically indistinguishable. The other button kills all Arab children. Pressing one button breaks the other. Trying to cheat the system by pressing both buttons at the same breaks both of them. If there is any doubt in your mind that the American government would push the first button instead of the second, you are dangerously delusional. It would be a no brainer for anyone that authorizes or carries out drone strikes to push the magic button to get rid of the actual terrorists.

Secondly, you are completely mistaken about how ISIS justifies beheading foreigners. Not only that, but the primary victims of ISIS have been Muslims. Their beheadings have nothing to do with denying the humanity of foreigners. They behead people because they angry that those people have spurned their god's love. It is because of the humanity of their enemies that they are so violent. From their point of view, people that are dangerously delusional have taken over the world and they are attempting to lead everyone including their children away from the light of the one true God and down into hell. They believe that they are justified because the deaths of non-believers and apostates represents an intrinsic good that they truly believe in. They love their god and everything he stands for more than you hate Trump. It's a case of bad ideas and iron age philosophy run rampant.
    You're talking to a self proclaimed Marxist, your not going to get anywhere.

Deleted
    And here I thought the title was about how it's out of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.
    Pretty much all of the victims of beheadings are other muslims, but your right that they have no conscience beheading them either with all the drugs they are on.

Welcome to MMO-C; even dealing with the topic of guns in the USA most posters don't have anything to say when non-white people shoot each other on a daily basis in places like Chicago.

But once a white trash redneck is involved in a news story then OMG to the virtue signal batman!

So no, I doubt the usual cries for humanity will be brought up regarding brown people killing brown people.

Sorry OP.

I hate it when people say this crap. Somalia is FAR. They aren't in the EU. We have no reason to be more sad for them than we do for zulu warriors or amazon tribes.

When it happens in Europe it's close. It makes you think it could be you.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I hate it when people say this crap. Somalia is FAR. They aren't in the EU. We have no reason to be more sad for them than we do for zulu warriors or amazon tribes.

When it happens in Europe it's close. It makes you think it could be you.
    and besides the instability in somalia isnt something new. that country is so messed up.