Question Soloable MoP & WoD Raids

Morning!

As much as it's a delightful experience to attempt everything yourself, I'm terribly limited by time and therefore asking whether it's already possible to solo raids from the previous expansions up to the last bosses that drop mounts? Please share your experiences and specs / gear used particularly for:
    • ToT
    • SoO
    • BRF
    • HFC

Deleted
    Given enough gear, yes.
    On my 890ish Arms Warrior with Ayala + Manacles/Prydaz I can easily solo up to normal HFC, and have some issues with certain HC bosses (namely Iskar) which could be solved with some upgrades.
    In Protspec it's even easier as I'm in no danger of dying whatsoever with Manacles + Prydaz.

ToT and SoO without a doubt you can.

BRF and HFC I haven't tried, might be little tough but maybe possible, just time consuming!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Given enough gear, yes.
    On my 890ish Arms Warrior with Ayala + Manacles/Prydaz I can easily solo up to normal HFC, and have some issues with certain HC bosses (namely Iskar) which could be solved with some upgrades.
    In Protspec it's even easier as I'm in no danger of dying whatsoever with Manacles + Prydaz.
    tried soo on my ret paladin and was doing great. how do you do the drake fight tho? npcs get killed fast
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Kill the first 2/3 waves while defending the gnomes - get to the Cannon and shoot twice on the boss - win
    Topic: hero 25 tot and myth soo are easy
    Mythic brf/HFC can be very hard, depending on fight and gear (only myth dropps mounts in soo, brf and hfc
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-09-30 at 04:46 PM.

Did they remove the necessity to have an MC for the forge boss in BRF?

All WoD raids are easily soloable on normal, as for Heroic, you might need some help on fights like the Butcher in Highmaul but it's easily soloable too. I can easily solo some bosses on Mythic as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urayamashii View Post
    They haven't. In Mythic mode at least.
    Last edited by Prifter; 2017-09-30 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urayamashii View Post
    If you're protection, you can kind of grind it out through the enrage. Just prepare to spend a gazillion hours on it and to get melted the moment all 4 adds are dead and the final boss is active.

I solod all of mythic highmaul and all of mythic BRF yesterday at ilvl 925. I cleaned out all of highmaul as fury, did 2.8m dps on butcher to kill him just before his 4th cleave. In BRF, I was protection for gruul and blast furnace, fury for everything else.

4 set t20 + furious charge helps with healing, and you can also use the bracers. I personally used legs/ring and legs/boots on any fight that I needed some extra movement on.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2017-10-01 at 02:49 AM.

Most of the WoD raids are soloable on Mythic, assuming you've got some gear to back yourself up with.

Highmaul: All bosses are doable. Hardest one being Butcher, which requires some bonkers burst in order to kill the boss in under 30 sec, as you'd otherwise get oneshot from getting to high stacks.

BRF: All bosses are doable. Some are harder than others, and some requires some shady things. Hans&Franz requires the use of a bug in order to kill, I'd google it as It's not super simple to explain. Maidens requires you to get to P2 prior to any of them jumping up on the ship, which is a tight DPS check, but should be doable. Blackhand as well is quite a tight DPS check, as you run out of room quite fast.
    The hardest fight in BRF to solo tho is Blast Furnace. Perhaps I've missed some way to make it easier, but without a Mind Control you'll need to DPS down the adds in P2 whilst they have a 99% damage reduction. Took me over 50mins to get past that phase, and then in P3 the boss had obviously enraged, so You'll need to know how to survive for a while against real heavy damage. The fight is doable, but it takes ages, and once you get to the hard part, you'll most likely be asleep, so good luck surviving it.
    I haven't gotten around to try HFC on Mythic solo as of yet, so can't comment on how hard/easy it is.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Imagine being able to solo the twin emperors when TBC came out lol.
    Times have changed...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patuxz View Post
    Imagine being able to solo the twin emperors when TBC came out lol.
    Times have changed...
    Well, sure, the power curve needed for soloing wasn't present in TBC, but in WotLK+ it's always been like this. Several bosses in SSC/TK were doable in WotLK, as well as the entirety of Battle for Mount Hyjal (and Karazhan/Zul'Aman but those two were 10-man raids so not comparable to what you meant, I think). Same thing in Cata where all of Naxx 25, several Ulduar 25 hard modes, and even a few ICC 25H bosses (Rotface, Putricide, Marrowgar if you were a worgen/goblin) were all soloed.

I'm not going to even mention MoP and WoD because those expansions had tiers (SoO/HFC) where player power skyrocketed out of control. And of course the power curve now is like these, where mythic HFC is generally easy with 935+ mythic ToS gear, but it's not as far out of line as you thought.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2017-10-02 at 12:49 AM.

Soloing old content isn't really a new concept. First major solo I heard of was during Naxx25, where someone soloed patchwerk on naxx25, aka, solo a boss from the same tier.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Bois i did it. Solo Blast Furnance Mythic
    I screwd loot and went personal. Fight took me around 20ish pulls and i killed Blast Furnance after 14:20.

Last edited by mmoc882b7ecf8f; 2017-10-15 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrox View Post
    Bois i did it. Solo Blast Furnance Mythic
    I screwd loot and went personal. Fight took me around 20ish pulls and i killed Blast Furnance after 14:20.
    You can create a private group in the group finder, allowing you to convert your party to raid to set the loot type to group loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    You can create a private group in the group finder, allowing you to convert your party to raid to set the loot type to group loot.
    Does this work for all WOD raids?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Does this work for all WOD raids?
    works for all raids.

Nicely done Matrox!
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    works for all raids.
    You, I like. I feed you to the Void Gods last.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

HFC mythic:
    Mannoroth and Archimonde are DPS races in the last phases. ilvl925 should be enough by now (60+ traits).
    Iskar is doable. Get up 100% before and during the air phase. The blast hits for +40% hp twice. Use VR/Def CDs/Healthpot for this. Pick the eye up asap when he knocks it from you, winds will follow shortly after.
    Socrethar can be done in 2 rounds depending on the amount of interupts you have (belf).
    Velhari is impossible if you can't nuke her in 1 min resp. 1.5 as a tank. The debuff will just drag you towards 0 HP. You can't reset the healing debuff imo.
    Zakuun is a joke since he no longer resets on cleave (no TP).
    Zul is a joke. Cleave like there is no tomorrow and he drops dead quickly.

Assault keeps lagging for me after a few minutes but doable as fury with aggramar/speed items and war machine. Just keep the cannons safe and refill once most mobs are down. Focus Tanks.
    Afaik Iron Reaver is not doable.
    #3 should be a joke.
    #4 could be impossible without a pet tanking the caster.
    kil'rogg is a rough dps check afaik.
    gorefiend should be simple since he can be soloed in terms of mechanics by now. Number wise it should be simple with given hps for dps specs.