Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think Europe is concerned about sexual harassment behavior a lot more than the US. Europe tends to legislate everything even how we approach each other to start a relationship. The US is more libertarian where the government allows us to work out our own issues.

Weinstein was wrong because he was in an economic position of power over these women. The jobs the women were trying out for were really rare acting jobs that could potentially make these women millions of dollars.

Some stranger sitting across the aisle from you on a buss who is attempting to make conversation is not in the same league as Weinstein.
    The US are sexually stunted in comparison to Europe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What? By women or by other men? I guess I could see them being harassed by men. But even then, I think it's different for men.
    Prey tell explain why it's different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    typical sjw femo insane titan answer.
    correct will be:
    Employer: Do you want this job?
    Applicant: Yes.
    Employer: Will you have sex with me for the job?
    Applicant: No.
    Employer: No job then
    Applicant: Then i would do sex.

You should understand difference. Your example i would call bad example. I would say i woudl agree with you in that case.
    Typical illiterate answer.

Now read that more carefully.

Coercion could be something like:
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    typical sjw femo insane titan answer.
    correct will be:
    Employer: No job then
    Applicant: Then i would do sex.

You should understand difference. Your example i would call bad example. I would say i woudl agree with you in that case.
    Another example of this, and the reason why I now always ask one of my grad student to sit in my office whenever a female student come to meet with me:

Student: Can we go over my last exam, I think there is a mistake.
    Me: I can correct it again and show you your mistakes.
    Student: But I really want to get into med school.
    Me: You should have studied then, it would not be fair to change your marks and not the others.
    Student: How about sex?

And there it is. I am sure some people gladly accept the proposition. But the student at the time is ready/willing to do whatever to put herself in a better position. And then 20 years down the road, now that she has money, a job and whatnot, would click on the #metoo saying some disgusting creep took advantage of her.

I am not defending people like Weinstein who milked it for all its worth. He is on a whole other level of wrong. But I am pretty sure those actresses knew what they were getting into when meeting with him, and they were willing to do it to start their career, which probably would not have happened at all otherwise. If anything, it's sad for those who said no, and never got a break and are now working in a coffee shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Prey tell explain why it's different
    Men are different than women. A men would be less affected by it. If a guy slapped me on the ass, I think I'd be able to shrug it off. For a woman, it's a lot more violating. If my boss offered me a promotion if I sucked him off, I don't know, maybe I'd be able to just decline and keep working for him, or maybe I'd feel like punching him, but I don't think that I would feel emotionally hurt or anything.

What? By women or by other men? I guess I could see them being harassed by men. But even then, I think it's different for men.
    A good example would be Terry Crews' tweet about the issue.
    https://i.imgur.com/mc9jUBz.jpg

There's more he said which can easily be found if you want to read about his experience with sexual assault. TL;DR though, it was a man who assaulted him, which of course does not mean all men are assaulted only by other men.

Deleted
    Men are different than women. A men would be less affected by it. If a guy slapped me on the ass, I think I'd be able to shrug it off. For a woman, it's a lot more violating. If my boss offered me a promotion if I sucked him off, I don't know, maybe I'd be able to just decline and keep working for him, or maybe I'd feel like punching him, but I don't think that I would feel emotionally hurt or anything.
    And if a guy grabs your dick? Or tongues you? Threatens you into sex? Slides his hand down your arse

I think it is a good trend to raise awareness of the issue, but I feel the same way about it partially that I do about all these trends. That being it opens the door for false victims, which doesn't actually do the cause any good, if anything it harms it if there were never an incident. However there will always be people who take advantage of causes like this for personal attention. I say that fully expecting backlash, but know that it is based on a personal reference, where a girl I grew up with and know for a fact fabricated a sexual assault issue put out a lengthy "Me Too" post even though her story had already been proven to be false and almost ruined an honest person's life.

All I will say is that if a woman was actually assaulted/harassed then this is a good cause to spread awareness, but false victim-hood actually hinders the message this represents as with any cause or protest. Let the real victims use it and it could be something positive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scionni View Post
    A good example would be Terry Crews' tweet about the issue.
    https://i.imgur.com/mc9jUBz.jpg

There's more he said which can easily be found if you want to read about his experience with sexual assault. TL;DR though, it was a man who assaulted him, which of course does not mean all men are assaulted only by other men.
    If a man rapes a man, or tries to rape a man, I would take that seriously. But if it's something like getting slapped on the ass or whatever, or being propositioned by your boss to suck him off, men should be able to deal with that. PTSD lol

- - - Updated - - -

And if a guy grabs your dick? Or tongues you? Threatens you into sex? Slides his hand down your arse
    Punch him. Don't cry about it and tell me you feel violated and have PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Uh... It's the US universities who are doing the whole consent waiver bullshit.

I think you've got things mixed up a bit here. Europeans are a lot more free-going when it comes to sexuality than americans. European women also seem to be less likely to complain about rape. There was a poll a long while ago which I vaguely remember which showed that european women were much more accepting of relationships getting physical a lot sooner and / or often preferred to be submissive to their husband.
    But look at this thread, the posters who are really upset over the issue are largely European.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Absolute rubbish.

Women nowadays can do everything a man can do. Same opportunities, same everything and in some areas they even have advantages over men (such as education and their income during early adulthood).
    Hahaha, no. That's absolutely not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I think it is a good trend to raise awareness of the issue, but I feel the same way about it partially that I do about all these trends. That being it opens the door for false victims, which doesn't actually do the cause any good, if anything it harms it if there were never an incident. However there will always be people who take advantage of causes like this for personal attention. I say that fully expecting backlash, but know that it is based on a personal reference, where a girl I grew up with and know for a fact fabricated a sexual assault issue put out a lengthy "Me Too" post even though her story had already been proven to be false and almost ruined an honest person's life.

All I will say is that if a woman was actually assaulted/harassed then this is a good cause to spread awareness, but false victim-hood actually hinders the message this represents as with any cause or protest. Let the real victims use it and it could be something positive.
    I also agree it's good to raise awareness, but at the same time I don't feel like a victim of sexual assault but apparently I am because I had my butt grabbed in a wave pool once when I was maybe 15. It was a bit offsetting at the time... it definitely wasn't an accidental we got shoved into each other due to the wave pool but was a definite grab and squeeze. I definitely felt violated at the time.

I don't think it would be right to join in with the "Me too" posts because while what happened wasn't ok.. I'm not emotionally of physically scarred by it and it's not nearly on the same level as other people have experienced.

If a man rapes a man, or tries to rape a man, I would take that seriously. But if it's something like getting slapped on the ass or whatever, or being propositioned by your boss to suck him off, men should be able to deal with that. PTSD lol
    That's the thing though. We're talking about sexual assault, not necessarily rape. If whatever you define as rape is the only thing you take seriously about this, why are you even bothering to reply?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    So rape is generally o.k. because DNA. Got it.
    Wow take it down a couple notches. In the wake of the Weinstein outting (which are/aren'y necessarily rape, but rather sexual misconduct)

He is speaking directly to the origins of such behavior and is neither supporting nor condoning... take a step back for second. Breathe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    This post is disgusting.
    Why exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    But look at this thread, the posters who are really upset over the issue are largely European.
    Upset? We're talking about criminal acts that applies to USA too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scionni View Post
    That's the thing though. We're talking about sexual assault, not necessarily rape. If whatever you define as rape is the only thing you take seriously about this, why are you even bothering to reply?
    I thought sexual assault was rape. I'm getting confused with all these retarded terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Coercion could be something like:

Employer: Will you reconsider if I make some calls to other studios to soil your reputation?
    Applicant: I guess I don't have much of a choice.
    Change career. 99.9% of people alive in this planet are not Hollywood movie stars.

No one is entitled nor forced to be a big name star. If the industry is this low, people can just refuse to participate.

Not do it anyway for the money, and then 10 years down the line complain that they feel violated.

This is prostitution, plain and simple.

And the answer is...

"Guess I don't want to be a star anymore".

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought sexual assault was rape. I'm getting confused with all these retarded terms.
    To be clear, the Me Too movement is about anything from harassment, to sexual abuse, to rape. Anything where your sexual boundaries were breached without consent.

IT ISN'T A WOMAN ISSUE

/sigh
    While you're correct, the original #MeToo post that has been reposted a few hundred thousand times by now specifically calls only for women who have been victims to share their experiences. The casual erasure of male victims and female perpetrators is impossible to escape in this space.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41633857

MORE IN LINK

Normally I scoff at these sort of trends as nothing more than online narcissism BUT I can actually get behind this... People are ignorant on not only how common it is but the shame so many men and women feel who are victims of sexual abuse/assault. Too many feel they can't tell their story out of fear of judgment
    Its sad and interesting that if you get people talking and remembering their early childhood long enough how many children are abused... sexually, physically, mentally.

My Dad and his parents joke about how they used to lock him in his room to keep him out of trouble. LOCK HIM IN HIS ROOM... FOR HOURS! Pisses me off every time... I don't care what generation you're from... that's fucking abuse... and it explains why my dad has some fucked up ideas about raising kids.

Also the cyclical nature of abuse, and how sometimes it skips a generation. I think that many statistics are skewed because as you stated:
    [Too many feel they can't tell their story...]
    I think the reasons go beyond fear of judgment. Sometimes their tales are from people they love and admire to this day... and they don't want people to view that person in a negative light, or worse have to suffer the consequences. Some don't actually feel they were abused because they "came out okay", some actually still blame themselves. Part of that is because the abusers will blame their victims... director to actor... boss to employee, father/grandfather to child... "Oh you can't look at me like that... you know what that does to me." or "You can't wear that, I just can't control myself when..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Change career. 99.9% of people alive in this planet are not Hollywood movie stars.

No one is entitled nor forced to be a big name star. If the industry is this low, people can just refuse to participate.

Not do it anyway for the money, and then 10 years down the line complain that they feel violated.

This is prostitution, plain and simple.

And the answer is...

"Guess I don't want to be a star anymore".
    I can't agree with that.

I've spent the last 7 years of my life developing my career. If I was put in a position like this tomorrow, I can't just up and change careers. I have bills to pay, mouths to feed, and myself to take care of. I can't just jump into a new career like that.

Now, i'm not saying people who give into sexual coercion to continue their careers should do so. But I don't think it is good to excuse those in power of coercing people into sex in order for the employee to keep their job.