Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    wouldnt it be the 1180?
    Pro tip graphic cards generation naming changes at will and yes it makes no goddamn sense. They're already calling it the 10 series and next would 20 than 30. It's actually kind of painful to think about.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    first of all, wtftech...lol.
    among the serious techpress they are the laughing stock for everyone (look at /r/pcmr, /r/amd, /r/nvidia, /r/intel. EVERYONE is laughing at them), because they're as reliable of a source as the next best walmart employee.
    they throw out 10 somewhat plausible guestimates per day and therefore get a few right every month, which doesnt support their credibility.

second, they just throw out the supposed naming scheme like it was confirmed, but never say where they got that one from, which i was specifically asking for!

tldr: wccftech is as far from a reliable source as it can get.
    Even on the Gforce forum they call it 2080. https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...timate-around/

And while wcctech might not be 10/10 on all the things they say, they are still not 1/10 as you make them out to be.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Even on the Gforce forum they call it 2080. https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...timate-around/
    totally reliable source, those other random users

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    totally reliable source, those other random users
    There is not singel site out there, that doesn't call them gtx 2060/2070/2080. So i think you should just give it up now.

You are the only one that just doesn't what to admit that it is 99% likely that it is what they are gonna call them
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    We weren't really taking about release window anymore..

But yes, Huang did say, that Volta consumer GPUs won't be coming any time soon.. And with the rumors of them having GDDR6, it's gonna be a while still, because Micron ain't making any yet.
    I'm not expecting anything new in the consumer space until Q2 2018. We'll probably see a Computex release of the Founders' Edition xx80 and xx70 following the release of workstation Volta in Q1 (Alessandro Volta was born on 18th February *speculate*). AIB cards following toward the end of Q2, beginning of Q3. Going on past timing, I'd expect the xx80ti to release 6 months after the base card, so towards the middle of Q4 2018 (just in time for the end of year buying frenzy before Christmas).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-10-16 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm not expecting anything new in the consumer space until Q2 2018. We'll probably see a Computex release of the Founders' Edition xx80 and xx70 following the release of workstation Volta in Q1 (Alessandro Volta was born on 18th February *speculate*). AIB cards following toward the end of Q2, beginning of Q3. Going on past timing, I'd expect the xx80ti to release 6 months after the base card, so towards the middle of Q4 2018 (just in time for the end of year buying frenzy before Christmas).
    ... workstation Volta is already on track to release late fall. They announced it already.

Consumer Volta will lead with the Titan-V, just like the last three generations, then a month or two later, xx70 and xx80 parts, then an xx60 part.

And given that Huang already said they aren't pushing Volta out any time soon (no reason to) i wouldn't expect even the Titan-V before Q2 next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... workstation Volta is already on track to release late fall. They announced it already.

Consumer Volta will lead with the Titan-V, just like the last three generations, then a month or two later, xx70 and xx80 parts, then an xx60 part.

And given that Huang already said they aren't pushing Volta out any time soon (no reason to) i wouldn't expect even the Titan-V before Q2 next year.
    Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal did not launch with a Titan Card, those were launched after the x80 class cards were already out.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Flaim, another good example of companies skipping numbers and such...

How about Windows going from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Windows 10 is just the renaming of Windows 8.2 that should have been given for free to Windows 8.1 users and I guess that Microsoft didn't want to have a lower number than Apples operating system.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Windows 10 is just the renaming of Windows 8.2 that should have been given for free to Windows 8.1 users and I guess that Microsoft didn't want to have a lower number than Apples operating system.
    It basically was given free to 8.1 users though lol

You're talking to one right now.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account

There was actually a solid reason to skip windows 9. Legacy applications would get confused and think the OS was running windows 98 and not windows 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    There was actually a solid reason to skip windows 9. Legacy applications would get confused and think the OS was running windows 98 and not windows 9.
    I thought they read the OS more at a kernel level than going "hmm, it says Windows 9!" ... let's see, that is close to 98! I guess software isn't written as intelligently as I thought. I should get into programming...

Anyways, fact still stands naming and so on has always been weird and fucked up. No different with GPUs. NVidia skipped the 300 series, 800 series was only for OEM desktops, AMD skipped the 9000 series after the short-lived 8000 series (was that another OEM set, I honestly can't remember?) and started some new shit that didn't even start with 100s.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Of all reasons, that was not the one. They wanted to put some distance from Windows 8 that had bad rep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Of all reasons, that was not the one. They wanted to put some distance from Windows 8 that had bad rep.
    They never officially said one way or another. There are tons of examples of shitty code that would have broken had they named it Windows 9 so I don't doubt that it was at least one of the reasons they skipped 9.

I thought they read the OS more at a kernel level than going "hmm, it says Windows 9!" ... let's see, that is close to 98! I guess software isn't written as intelligently as I thought. I should get into programming...

Anyways, fact still stands naming and so on has always been weird and fucked up. No different with GPUs. NVidia skipped the 300 series, 800 series was only for OEM desktops, AMD skipped the 9000 series after the short-lived 8000 series (was that another OEM set, I honestly can't remember?) and started some new shit that didn't even start with 100s.
    No, I had a 9800 GTX+ and that wasn't an OEM card.

That's from the Nvidia GeForce 9 series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I specifically said "AMD skipped the 9000 series... etc"

NVidia I mentioned the 300 and 800 series.
    "A flower.

I specifically said "AMD skipped the 9000 series... etc"

NVidia I mentioned the 300 and 800 series.
    Oh, my bad!

The 100 series were also rebranded OEM cards, afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    That's from the Nvidia GeForce 9 series.
    Yes it is.

Well, I stopped paying attention to AMD when they refused to release a 5890 card.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-10-19 at 05:27 AM.