Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Where are the Horde Heroes in Legion?

Maybe im wrong but in this expansion i have only seen alliance heroes: Khadgar, Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Anduin, Turalyon, Alleria, Vereesa, Genn but none of those heroes is from the horde, the only one is Sylvanas but she just dissappeared after Stormheim...

Also in the Vindicaar there is 0 pressence of the Horde so... here is my question

What do you think about the actual situation of the Horde?

It's stupid to say that certain characters are "Alliance heroes" simply because of their race.

Illidan, Velen, Malfurion and Khadgar are all not "Alliance". They are all as neutral as can be.

The actual "current" Alliance presence isn't any better on the Vindicaar, really.

Horde has Liadrin and Aethas, Alliance has Vereesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's stupid to say that certain characters are "Alliance heroes" simply because of their race.

Illidan, Velen, Malfurion and Khadgar are all not "Alliance". They are all as neutral as can be.

The actual "current" Alliance presence isn't any better on the Vindicaar, really.

Khadgar - son of lothar, malfurion/tyrande and velen both leaders in alliance faction. Turalyon is an alliance hero and Alleria is still very alliance sided.

ALliance still hasn't gotten past Thrall in cata but he was basically a Velen in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegrain View Post
    Maybe im wrong but in this expansion i have only seen alliance heroes: Khadgar, Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Anduin, Turalyon, Alleria, Vereesa, Genn but none of those heroes is from the horde, the only one is Sylvanas but she just dissappeared after Stormheim...

Also in the Vindicaar there is 0 pressence of the Horde so... here is my question

I don't think Illidan, Khadgar, Turalyon and Alleria counts as Alliance heroes anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Khadgar - son of lothar, malfurion/tyrande and velen both leaders in alliance faction. Turalyon is an alliance hero and Alleria is still very alliance sided.

ALliance still hasn't gotten past Thrall in cata but he was basically a Velen in this expansion.
    thus peole see everything in temrs of the two factions, long after the people involved have nothing or little to do with that faction.

Tyrande Is kind of the leader of the Night Elves. The Horde end up helping her because "reasons" in Valshara.

i think the faction relvance is being better rebalanced. While Velen and Malfurion might be "alliance race heroes" - i think the intention is for us not to see them exclusively in that light, because they and their people aren't really involved like that.

Our factions have people/heores who are that way inclined, like Genn is certainly all about the alliance, but Malfurion and Velen are almost never about them. Like Malfurion hasn't i think done anything alliancey, the night elves seldom do.

Pretty much every Horde race has a reason to hate the Legion's guts, especially the orcs who were corrupted by them in the first place. They also created the Scourge whom they order to destroy Quel'Thalas, so where are the blood elves trying to fight back?

7+ Year Old Account
    The lack of Horde in Legion is upsetting. Let us hope in the next expansion or patch they will include us more than just at the start with the death of our Warchief.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Patch 7.0.3
    The Legion intro at Broken Shore has a split up Horde and Alliance part.
    Stormheim has a decent amount of Horde stuff in it, playing into the Horde/Alliance conflict.
    A bunch of your followers and class hall stuff have both Alliance and Horde characters.

Patch 7.1
    Liadrin and her blood elves play a part in the Revolution in Suramar.

Patch 7.2
    More Horde when it comes to class hall stuff, but that is pretty much it.

Patch 7.3
    There is Aethas and Liadrin at the Vindicaar.

So there is clearly not an abundance of Horde characters after the launch content of Legion, but you could probably make an argument that these characters aren't affiliated with the Alliance either. Illidan and Maiev has never been a part of the Alliance, and Khadgar, Turalyon and Alleria hasn't been active members of the faction in ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You had entire expansions with Orc leadership: Garrosh in Mop, it was orc CENTRAL in WoD (more hellscreams..Gul'danial).. you even had Orc Hero Boss's in LEG: Gul'Daniel again!

What more do you want (And don't give me any SASS about Good Horde Heroes, we all know Horde is evil) ^_-

huehuehueeeeeeeeeee

i think it's pointless this sort of debate/observation as something ounfair - whether they are a facition or their race is a faction they are heroes of the story, and will be used where the content demands or the story/set demands it - because what they are dealing with is far bigger than faction conflict, and faction is only a part of their lives as far as it appears to them. e.g. to night elves, faction only matters when it comes to borders and extra helping stemming aggression from other groups, they are all about the various Orders they are in's business. It's their order that determines the large function of thier purpose, not the alliance. For humans of Stormwind it might be all about the alliance, but that's not the case for all humans, nor for every race in the allianc e/horde or every member of that race.

It sort of makes sense. The Horde should for all purposes be running on steams right now. Trolls don't have a real leader and were heavily affected by Siege of Orgrimmar and garrosh' reign, Tauren just came out of civil war with the grimtotem and have a child leading them, Blood elves are still reeling from kael'thas' betrayal and the scourge wiping them out, orcs had much of their military destroyed and Orgrimmar lorewise was probably bombarded by cannon fire from the alliance gun ship and in the raid many orcs were killed. Goblins don't count since they are basically mercenaries. The only major player the Horde has is probably the forsaken. Most of the Horde is probably on defense just trying to maintain survival. I mean.. there are giant legion ships bombarding the planet right now.

However, it doesn't make it FEEL any better for the horde. It sucks to know your faction is basically worthless right now.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-10-16 at 09:05 PM.

I think you guys are proving OP's point by counting Aethas among the Horde heroes. Seriously, the guy who gave away his people's heirlooms to Kirin Tor just so he can hop in for a ride at the floating city is a hero of the Horde? Surely you jest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    as was the case in Cata and parts of MoP where recognized horde NPC's lead the way, hogging all the glory and causing extreme QQ on the forums, you would think Blizzard would take more care in writing their stories...

but time and time again Blizzard shows they are incapable of balancing story inclusion. they dont know how to use their patch cycles effectively and often think it is fine to leave massive chunks of story to their novels.

they are either unwilling or incapable of, at the very least, giving spot light time to races and factions in a more balanced form.

that doesnt mean that the events have to be the same, just that if one race has a story... allow another race to have some too even if its a later patch within the same expansion. or faction or what have you.

too often is the case, they cant even show full racial representation during group story segments. many races go completely ignored for far too long, and even factions begin to suffer from the same treatment.

mistakes happen, focus is lost at times, but when brought to light instead of doing a better job, they simply repeat past mistakes with a different hat on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

And yet WoD and Cata are considered Horde Expansions because of Thrall and all the Orcs that were NEVER part of the WoW Horde just because they are Orcs. A lot of people complained about MoP being Horde because...... Garrosh! And Legion is obviously a Horde expansion because Sylvanas won't shut her mouth whenever I fly near a tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    as was the case in Cata and parts of MoP where recognized horde NPC's lead the way, hogging all the glory and causing extreme QQ on the forums, you would think Blizzard would take more care in writing their stories...

but time and time again Blizzard shows they are incapable of balancing story inclusion. they dont know how to use their patch cycles effectively and often think it is fine to leave massive chunks of story to their novels.

they are either unwilling or incapable of, at the very least, giving spot light time to races and factions in a more balanced form.

that doesnt mean that the events have to be the same, just that if one race has a story... allow another race to have some too even if its a later patch within the same expansion. or faction or what have you.

too often is the case, they cant even show full racial representation during group story segments. many races go completely ignored for far too long, and even factions begin to suffer from the same treatment.

mistakes happen, focus is lost at times, but when brought to light instead of doing a better job, they simply repeat past mistakes with a different hat on.
    I'd be happy if we just got to see some of the Horde leaders on the vindicarr even if they don't do anything. Sylvanas is mentioned and leading the Horde but why the hell isn't she actually there? She has so many reasons to be there but isn't. She probably has the most reason next to Velen and Illidan but nope we have Khadgar there for some reason?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Illidan has never been alliance. Khadgar has been comptly neutral since tbc. Velan has been more or less neutral since tbc. Sure legion has been way more alliance leaning then any other expan but those 3 are either comptly neutral, illidan and khadgar. Or mostly neutral, velan.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Khadgar, Illidan, Malfurion, Turalyon and Alleria are definitely not representive of the Alliance; they are either neutral or representing the Army of the Light

as for the rest, only time we have really seen Genn is in Stormheim and when he was with Anduin, Velen has obviously played a huge role but that was always to be expected. Vereesa has had comparable game time to Lady Liadrin from the Horde side. Tyrande was there for the later half of the Val'sharah questline but since then she has done nothing.

as for Horde presence on the Vindicaar, you have Lady Liadrin

current situation of the Horde is that their heroes are fighting the legion, however the heads of most of the races are absent from proceedings in Legion and that is true of not just the Horde but also the Alliance

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    And yet WoD and Cata are considered Horde Expansions because of Thrall and all the Orcs that were NEVER part of the WoW Horde just because they are Orcs. A lot of people complained about MoP being Horde because...... Garrosh! And Legion is obviously a Horde expansion because Sylvanas won't shut her mouth whenever I fly near a tower.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be happy if we just got to see some of the Horde leaders on the vindicarr even if they don't do anything. Sylvanas is mentioned and leading the Horde but why the hell isn't she actually there? She has so many reasons to be there but isn't. She probably has the most reason next to Velen and Illidan but nope we have Khadgar there for some reason?
    She has litteraly no reason to go to Argus. Sylvanas is looking for a way to live forever she doesn’t care about the legion home world and she pretty much gave up on her family ties at the end of war crimes when she was in a bears rib cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't think Illidan, Khadgar, Turalyon and Alleria counts as Alliance heroes anymore.
    Still leaves a generous helping of Alliance leaders if you take these out. Having Vereesa give me quests as an Orc is just bizarre.

My bigger issue is really that there's 0 story progression on Horde side. I'm fine with Velen getting his spotlight, dude's been waiting 5 xpacks for it. But that doesn't bmean Sylvanas and some Blood Elves should be literally the only Horde NPCs that are even close to meaningful for an entire expansion. Why aren't the Orcs involved against Gul'dan and KJ? Why isn't Baine in Highmountain? Why aren't the Trolls avenging Vol'jin and/or finding a new leader? These things don't need to take up a major questline, but you know what will happen next; having neglected the Horde, Blizzard will eventually have swing the pendulum back to them in order for the faction to have any relevance, because of this the Alliance will be neglected in turn and the other side of the aisle will cry instead.