Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    These two morons should probably not be allowed to own a gun.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Price of freedom...bla...bla...bla...bla. We just had 60 people die and over 500 injured at a fucking concert and that didn't make a difference. We had preschoolers shot, that didn't make a fucking difference. NOTHING WILL MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE!
    No one said either of them had legal carry permits, so gun laws might not even matter here.

Other than that, America's Founders believed that we have a right to own guns to protect ourselves and enshrined this right in our Constitution. If you don't like the fact that we have a right to protect ourselves using guns, you are free to leave for a country with very strict gun laws like France. Clearly then you will be free from gun violence.....oh wait!!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Secretary of Education DeVos is working on that because ... grizzly bears. Now I'm just embarrassed to ask how Canadian children deal with grizzlies since there's a larger bear population up there.
    it comes down to guidelines set out by the provinces... either run like hell, play dead, pee pants to mark territory or punch said bear in the most sensitive body part (nose) and brace for impact

When you get done with your gormless screeching about the NRA:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/man-i...-say/483201439

According to CMPD, detectives received a tip that identified Nelson Handy III, 28, as one of the shooters
    Handy was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
    Sure. "Gun owners."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    llegal drugs 'flood' over pretty much every border in the world but no country has a gun problem remotely similar to the US.
    No other country has the gang problem we have either. That isn't a thing because of guns, they would exist regardless.
    Of course there would still be firearms and some criminals would still have them but considering no country produces as many guns as the US, a total ban would drastically decrease the availability
    Until criminals started manufacturing their own... Which as I already said, isn't terribly difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    These two morons should probably not be allowed to own a gun.
    and they aren't, at least one is a felon who could not legally be in possession of a firearm, I'd be willing to bet the other is as well.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-16 at 09:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    No one said either of them had legal carry permits, so gun laws might not even matter here.

Other than that, America's Founders believed that we have a right to own guns to protect ourselves and enshrined this right in our Constitution. If you don't like the fact that we have a right to protect ourselves using guns, you are free to leave for a country with very strict gun laws like France. Clearly then you will be free from gun violence.....oh wait!!
    I've been living in Europe for over 13 years, 9 of which in Spain. And I live free of gun violence.

Bar the occasional highly publicized terror attacks the actual murder rate in Europe is laughably low compared to the US. Spain for example has a murder rate of 0.66 per 100K, while the US is above 4.5 per 100K.

Peddle that nonsense to someone who never set foot outside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm gonna link this chart again, cuz reading is hard. (Source of graph in post#22)

Looks like graph made by cherry picking which countries are used to make some point.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna link this chart again, cuz reading is hard. (Source of graph in post#22)

My point, was that strict gun laws won't protect you from gun violence as Paris demonstrated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I've been living in Europe for over 13 years, 9 of which in Spain. And I live free of gun violence.

Bar the occasional highly publicized terror attacks the actual murder rate in Europe is laughably low compared to the US. Spain for example has a murder rate of 0.66 per 100K, while the US is above 4.5 per 100K.

Peddle that nonsense to someone who never set foot outside the US.
    I've lived in the US for my entire life and live free of gun violence. Aircraft crashing into a building, that is something I've experienced.

Now I will take my protected freedom to own a gun tyvm, because I am my best line of defense against evil people doing evil things.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

My point, was that strict gun laws won't protect you from gun violence as Paris demonstrated
    Strict murder laws haven't stopped murders let's get rid of murder laws

- - - Updated - - -

I've lived in the US for my entire life and live free of gun violence. Aircraft crashing into a building, that is something I've experienced.

Now I will take my protected freedom to own a gun tyvm, because I am my best line of defense against evil people doing evil things.
    Well statistically speaking you are more likely to use it on yourself so....

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I'm always told that, "knowing the other guy might be carrying a gun is supposed to make everyone more polite". Starting to doubt that whole premise at this point. Thankfully none of the children in the bus were harmed.

The Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police say a shootout between two men at a North Carolina gas station ended up with a bullet shattering the window of a nearby school bus.
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police spokeswoman Jessica Lawrence Wallin says none of the 19 children on the bus Thursday morning was hurt, while the driver did suffer minor injuries from broken glass.
    Police released surveillance video from the gas station that shows the two men arguing before one fires at the other. When the first shooter gets into his car and drives away, the second man then fires back.
    In the video, neither man appeared to be injured. No arrests have been made.
    Wallin said in a statement that a second vehicle was also struck by at least one bullet, but the driver was not injured.
    i didn't see any argument in the video, what i saw was a botched drug dealing.

What rich western country is missing you feel?
    why does it need to be a western country?
    Last edited by zhero; 2017-10-16 at 10:17 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Strict murder laws haven't stopped murders let's get rid of murder laws

- - - Updated - - -
    Murder is illegal, gun ownership is a constitutionally protected right.

There are approximately 55 million legal gun owners in the US, approximately 54,950,000 of them manage to get through the year, reveling in their second amendment rights, without killing or injuring anyone.
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2017-10-16 at 10:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I live in a border town in Mexico yes, but I was born and raised in America. (wife is Mexican). Funny you should bring up Mexico because according to the NYTimes article I linked, you are more likely to die from Pancreatic cancer in USA you are to get shot by a gun in Mexico...go figure lol.

Nice ignorant deflecting attempt though. More hand waving
    Mhmm, not handwaving just not cherry picked data.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

We had to sell our house in Nuevo Vallarta because of the increase in violence . The security guard got stabbed to death inside the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    What a bunch of morons
    This is why we need safety checks and controls of teh gun owners. if they have such poor aim like in this case they shouldnt be allowed to own guns. nothing to be upset about just common sense gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Mom always said never to play ball in the house.

Good thing none lost an eye I think a lesson has been learned here.
    Americans learning lessons hahahhAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Murder is illegal, gun ownership is a constitutionally protected right.

There are approximately 55 million legal gun owners in the US, approximately 54,950,000 of them manage to get through the year, reveling in their second amendment rights, without killing or injuring anyone.
    Your objection was to gun laws not working not owning them by your logic if someone breaks the law that means it is not working. Also if you want to go on that path then we don't need to do anything about terrorism since it's so statistically insignificant.

I have lived most of my life in South Korea and now I live in Singapore, there's like no gun violence at all in either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    what did the kids do to deserve to be punished like that?
    They didn't bring their own guns to diffuse that situation, the negligent bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I wonder what Black Lives Matter thinks about this

What sucks most is that they didn't kill each other, would had been 2 less morons to worry about.

And to all of you spouting off about "Gun Laws" I doubt either one of these dudes had a a legal gun or a permit to carry one
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-10-16 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Current situation in the USA is fine. Homicides by firearm are a very tiny fraction of the Population as been stated before.
    So you think that 500 injuryed 50 killed in one shooting is acceptable because there's a population of 360 Million? what sort of screwed up logic is that..

I do wonder when the US will actually wake up and get some common sense and realise that everyone having a gun is not a very bright idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually lol this is an amazing thing that even most ppl in the US seem to not know ...

Your original constitution gave the right for a "militia" the right to bear arms and defend freedom ....

THAT was amended in the 1970's by pro gun lobbyists etc to read "the individual" has the right to bear arms...

So no your country's founders did NOT believe in the right for every person to bear arms ... just an organise militia, and there is a huge difference.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    This has nothing to do with legal firearm ownership or even legal carry. Based on their actions, I'd wager large amounts of money that neither of these guys were carrying legally. There seems to be something going on between these two that existed before this "chance" meeting at a gas station.
    It has everything to do with legal firearm ownership. Say they are criminals carrying illegally, where do you think they got those guns? I'll tell you: They stole them from legal owners.