Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Trump's Benghazi

Well it's here. Four Green Berets were killed in Niger and Trump remained silent until today.

Trump silent as questions remain over deadly Niger ambush
    On Saturday October 7, the day the body of 25-year-old Army Sgt. La David Johnson was returned to Dover Air Force Base after he was killed in an ISIS ambush in Niger, President Donald Trump was golfing. It's not known if the President ever planned to attend the return of remains ceremony at Dover as he has in the past.
    The Pentagon has not provided a detailed accounting of the ambush by 50 ISIS affiliated fighters which left four US soldiers dead and two wounded and has said the incident remains under investigation.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...nce/index.html
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well it's here. Four Green Berets were killed in Niger and Trump remained silent until today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...nce/index.html
    Nigghazi?

Or is that what his sycophants called the last 8 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I do believe I heard Obama and Hillary were there for the bodies after Benghazi.

We need 8 investigations into it. Now. I mean that is how much time and resources they wasted on Hillary to find nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    We need 8 investigations into it. Now. I mean that is how much time and resources they wasted on Hillary to find nothing.
    Are you high or something?

It was 37 investigations.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why didn't Secretary of STate Tillerson send in the Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Are you high or something?

It was 37 investigations.
    Sorry, I guess I wanted to be accurate, though if anything, 37 investigations would have been what the Republicans wanted, just so they can spend a billion dollars and look at everything including stuff that isn't about Benghazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I do believe I heard Obama and Hillary were there for the bodies after Benghazi.
    Yep today Trump lied that past Presidents didn't call, which is a lie. In one of the rare occurrences a reporter called him out and he stammered and backtracked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Why didn't Secretary of STate Tillerson send in the Marines?
    The Green Berets were on the ground for 1 hour before help was called. Sound familiar?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...225829012.html

Air Force Vet Greg Popovich, Spurs head coach:

I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never-ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner – and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers – is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.
    holding nothing back on this one

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't get it, like honestly, i don't get it.

Soldiers get killed while being deployed on foreign soil, why is it shocking and surprising?
    I mean, if i ear a postman, or a barber get killed, yeah, that's abnormal, but a soldier in the army, that's kind of part of the risk of the job?

Why losing 4 soldiers is a scandal? like i say, i don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i don't get it, like honestly, i don't get it.

Soldiers get killed while being deployed on foreign soil, why is it shocking and surprising?
    I mean, if i ear a postman, or a barber get killed, yeah, that's abnormal, but a soldier in the army, that's kind of part of the risk of the job?

To me, it's part of the job. To others in the US, it's akin to a baby jesus buttplug levels of sacrilege.

Yeah, it's sad people died, but they chose that job knowing it could happens.

That's all it is, a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump lies about sending letters to fallen soldiers.

Breaking his public silence about four American soldiers killed during an ambush in Niger, President Donald Trump said Monday he'd penned personal letters to their families and planned to phone them later this week.

He also claimed, without merit, that his predecessors hadn't written or called the families of slain American troops during their tenures, though the tradition of presidents reaching out after US servicemen are killed in action is long-established.
    This is TWELVE days after their deaths and he might send letters out tonight.

Of course there is a Trump tweet for this occasion.

Trump criticized Obama for playing golf while not being there when a fallen soldier returns home.

Well on 7th October when soldier came home... Trump was playing golf.

Obama was not playing golf and received the soldiers.

Because it's been over a week since they died and the White House has made no move to publicly acknowledge it, Trump has not called/written/spoken with the families (which is traditional for a president to do when soldiers are killed in action), was golfing at his resort at the time their bodies were returned to the US, lied about previous presidents by claiming they didn't always call and then instantly backing down when challenged because he knows he's full of shit. (I'm probably missing a few things, I haven't had a chance to dig too deep on this yet, especially with today's news)

All while wrapping himself in a cloak of patriotism and support for the military, specifically enabling his attacks on NFL players for having opinions, because he's a hypocritical, amoral piece of trash.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-10-16 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Trump lies about sending letters to fallen soldiers.
    This is sort of like the whole condemning white nationalists thing.

He had one job. One easy job. And he still managed to fuck it up.

His incompetence is an endless abyss. There is no bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it's been over a week since they died and the White House has made no move to publicly acknowledge it, Trump has not called/written/spoken with the families (which is traditional for a president to do when soldiers are killed in action), was golfing at his resort at the time their bodies were returned to the US, lied about previous presidents by claiming they didn't always call and then instantly backing down when challenged because he knows he's full of shit.

All while wrapping himself in a cloak of patriotism and support for the military, specifically enabling his attacks on NFL players for having opinions, because he's a hypocritical, amoral piece of trash.
    is that someting that is normally done though?

Don't get me wrong, i think Trump is a horrible president and probably human being, but i don't follow you on this particular point.
    The USA have had been at war somewhere in the world for as long as i am alive. Probably lost tens of thousands of soldiers in the past 50 years.

i wouldn't expect the president to held a ceremony for each one individually.

Yes.

The USA have had been at war somewhere in the world for as long as i am alive. Probably lost tens of thousands of soldiers in the past 50 years.

It's not a ceremony, but for many years now the number of servicemembers killed in action has been low enough for the president to personally write/call/meet with families of those killed in action, and they often are there when the bodies are brought off the transport planes on US soil to pay their respects.

Hence why this president, who loves to wrap himself in a cloak of militarism and patriotism, is being called out for his abject failure to pay respect to the fallen soldiers and their families.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhrm, doesn't "someone's benghazi" mean something different already, based on who writes it with what intention?

Either:
    Something that is stuck in repeated investigations without any real results or consequences, and blamed on that someone.
    or
    An event like this that was/might have been mishandled and thus damages the reputation of that someone.

*confused*

Don't get me wrong, i think Trump is a horrible president and probably human being, but i don't follow you on this particular point.

Yes, it is. When we aren't in a wide-scale conflict a President is expected to acknowledge and show respect to the families of deceased soldiers. Obama called the families each of the people who died in Benghazi, for instance. Trump? no. He's a horrible human being, on top of being a miserable president and an inadequate man.

And "Tens of thousands" since 1980 (so we're only talking about Post-Vietnam, since Vietnam, while not a declared war was at least a fully-supported Police Action), a few more than 6,000 soldiers have died in combat - about 4000 in Iraq, about 2000 in Afghanistan, and in the dozens in a few of our other adventures. So, no, not quite.

In other words, Obama and Bush had the ability to do so, especially when it's a mission the vast majority of us had no idea was going on. While I didn't like Bush, I never doubted he was a human being. Trump? No, I have zero faith in him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Mhrm, doesn't "someone's benghazi" mean something different already, based on who writes it with what intention?

Either:
    Something that is stuck in repeated investigations without any real results or consequences, and blamed on that someone.
    or
    An event like this that was/might have been mishandled and thus damages the reputation of that someone.

*confused*

Well, there won't be any investigations. 11th Commandment and all.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I didn't really care that Trump didn't say anything about it. Trump keeping his mouth shut is usually a blessing, because he'll just cock it up when he does say something.

Which is pretty much what happened, and the only part I do care about. As soon as he started talking, it immediately turned to lies and the blame game, and then (falsely) patting himself on the back for being so much better than Obama. The only statement he needed was "This sucks, all of this was terrible, it's a tragedy, I'm contacting the families and I feel so bad for their loss." But as always, he couldn't get through even half of that without making it about himself.

Man.. I thought Nigeria was West Africa's best hope at civilization. I guess not.