Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I wish it wasn’t so far away. No interest In Listening to a Nazi (assuming this person actully is one I have no idea who the name is) but I would love to stand in solidarity with fellow Americans to stop liberals from continuing to hurt innocent people.
    No interest in listening to a Nazi, but interested in standing in solidarity with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And Nazis will continue being the racist, authoritarian asshats they've always been. It's good to know you are such a strong supporter of white nationalists.
    of course they are supported over violators of the law. are you saying you support rioting and intimidation? over free speech? wow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No interest in listening to a Nazi, but interested in standing in solidarity with one?
    Gotta get those gosh darn liberal tears flowing!

did you really just say fellow americans = nazi?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    of course they are supported over violators of the law. are you saying you support rioting and intimidation? over free speech? wow
    I choose to support neither any asshat who goes to the rally in support of it, nor anyone who wishes to instigate political violence.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    did you really just say fellow americans = nazi?
    Fellow Americans who happen to be attending a Nazi rally. Yeah, I'd say calling them Nazis is pretty damn appropriate.

He should let the identity idiots fight it out in public square. Since the messaging is always I can't live in the same country with people that don't share the same views I do. Maybe we can remove some of them through their bad choices of getting so wound up in stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Now hold on a second, we haven't even seen the tiki torches yet.
    Oh, I'm sue they'll have them.

It's a shame money has to be spent on security just to allow someone to speak.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    That case is about a ban of speech in the city. That's quite a huge difference from not allowing it at a specific venue.
    As a public institution, if its reasons for changing the venue (which they are) are fear of
    disputes, unrest, or "stir[ring] people to anger."
    then they are absolutely bound by that ruling.

The ruling itself says nothing about when and where free speech is inhibited but rather regardless of the content free speech should be observed and protected by the government. Which ultimately is irrelevant anyway. Supreme court rulings are not structured in a way as to narrowly specific to the case at hand. They are in fact there to interpret the spirit of the law as it applies to the constitution. If you're being honest I believe you know that this absolutely applies and making the case that city is different from venue is splitting hairs and that the university is in violation of the first amendment.

As a public institution the message should not be filtered based on its content or who delivers it.

Oh you're republican... well we can offer you the... basement.

Oh you're democrat... well here is our newly refurbished Glistening Grand Hall.

Politics aside... on principle our universities should be encouraging the free exchange of ideas, especially given the plethora of BAD ideas coming from these schools. Someone needs to be able to say... yo that idea is fucking terrible.

For example. As a republican... if I were to choose to protest against a white nationalist. I would probably blow up huge pictures of what REAL Nazis really did during WWII some of the most gruesome images of the last century.

THIS

Is synonymous with this:
    [Insert Gruesome Picture Here]
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-10-17 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's a shame money has to be spent on security just to allow someone to speak.
    Well Mr. Spencer dived into identity politics and this is the result. It doesn't matter what side of it you are on either.

No no. You misunderstand. I want to stand far away from the Nazis, with the rational centrist people there, showing liberals we will not tolerate violent reactions to speech.
    Who are the rational centrist people at these rallies?

You do realize that the Nazis were the main form of violence at the last major rally, right?

Enjoy that solidarity with your fellow "rational centrists."

Basically. They have caused me much more hardship in my life then Nazi. I forgot they were a thing after history classes untill literally this year.

- - - Updated - - -

The rational people there would be the ones disavowing both sides and demanding rationality and common sense be brought back to America... like duuuhhh.
    But you said you wanted to go to yell at liberals... not at the Nazis...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Counter protesting in this sense is dumb. The people who support this dude are just as extreme as him so any rational discussion goes right out the window. What does that leave? Slandering, insulting, and potentially violence. Just go home and ignore these people. All they're doing is preaching to the choir and won't get anywhere. Just because I disagree with something doesn't mean I have to tell those people I disagree, they already know and being there wouldn't change their minds.
    Showing these people that they're not wanted prevents them from finding followers.

You don't let a festering wound go untreated and hope that it just goes away. Ignoring the nazis didn't work the first time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yup. I edited my post above to make that very thing clear before you quoted. The Nazi are in a building hurting no one. The liberals are in the streets disrupting society. One is a much larger threat by any measurable index.
    Well, except the Nazis pushed the candidate they wanted into the White House, and they support ethnic cleansing. The immigration laws have already been restricted towards authoritarianism, just as they wanted. That immigration push alone has disrupted people far more than the liberal rioters have.

No no. You misunderstand. I want to stand far away from the Nazis, with the rational centrist people there, showing liberals we will not tolerate violent reactions to speech.
    I would hope that a rational centrist would be there peacefully protesting white nationalists instead of trying to show liberals anything.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope that a rational centrist would be there peacefully protesting white nationalists instead of trying to show liberals anything.
    It's uncanny how "woke centrists" simply want to put minorities, lgbt, and feminists back in their place. Which is exactly the same thing that neo-nazi want to do.

They also share dark fantasies of glee when liberals or minority protesters get run over.

They air these inner thoughts aloud. Yet get mad at other people who call them out.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    As a public institution, if its reasons for changing the venue (which they are) are fear of then they are absolutely bound by that ruling.
    Even the majority opinion in the case you linked says that it is not absolute, and cites Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It's uncanny how "woke centrists" simply want to put minorities, lgbt, and feminists back in their place. Which is exactly the same thing that neo-nazi want to do.

They also share dark fantasies of glee when liberals or minority protesters get run over.

They air these inner thoughts aloud. Yet get mad at other people who call them out.
    People claiming to be centrist on this forum, I take with a grain of salt.
    @TheOne01 if your reaction to a white nationalist rally or speech is to take issue with liberals protesting it, then you aren't centrist. You probably aren't even moderate right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Simply increase to cost for rent.
    Or maby they could start jailing the fuckwads that cause the need for 500 police and actually bring charges up on them so future people will protest peacefully and not like unkempt assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Honestly we should be asking why the UoF wants to hold this event. In the end it isn't Spencers event, its the Universities event. They should shoulder the cost of security, the same way they would if it was a big football game. Whether they choose to pass on the cost to the speaker is on them, maybe they have a budget allotment for that kinda thing that allows it. Maybe they decide its worth it to them to provide a wide spectrum of ideas to spend the money. Maybe they don't, but it really should be on them.
    They don't. Richard Spencer's attorney is threatening litigation if they don't let him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or maby they could start jailing the fuckwads that cause the need for 500 police and actually bring charges up on them so future people will protest peacefully and not like unkempt assholes
    True. If we could arrest the Nazis for instigating murder, that would be a fantastic start.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.