Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Yeah man. The growing disdain for migrants in the EU and the ever so high popularity of far right candidates is definitely fake and the only people who hate migrants are redneck sister fuckers

Do you ever actually interact with migrants or do you live in a gated community?
    Don't you know...it's all just fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Well, actully, in Europe, they pretend they are against migrants because they are not working and of a dangerous religion. MAGAboys who squeak about refugees say the exact same thing about Mexicans (I know it can enter the thick skull of MAGAboys, but catholic ''non aryan'' still counts as catholic)
    Your random rants aren't any better than the MAGAboys. You're not exactly helping the "cause".

15+ Year Old Account
    You need proof to notice that it's odd to accuse Mexicans of working AND to not work at the same time ?
    No, I need proof that the EU "pretends to hate migrants" and your incredible generalization that anyone who is against immigration is a Trump supporter and a lazy fuck.

Tell me, without lying - what personal interactions have you had with low-education migrants from Somalia, Tunisia, or Chad? And what sort of experience do you have to make such sweeping claims about both US politics and EU politics, and what makes you think you're correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    "gasps" Are you trying to say they are?
    Yeah, they keep denying what they did to koreans, refusing to admit wrongdoing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    "gasps" Are you trying to say they are?

Kidding.

If Japan doesn't want to take many in why should they? They have no responsibility to anyone...
    Japan has quite a few issues. Their flat out refusal to admit to anything they did wrong during the China (why the fuck did I say manchuria) campaign is a pressing one.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Soon as I saw the thread title I knew the OP would be Daneman or Tennisace, and whichever it wasn't would be right there to be back them up, probably poster #2. And I was right. I have to wonder if they coordinate with each other.
    I don't talk to Tennisace and he's not backing me up, he wants the opposite.

No, I need proof that the EU "pretends to hate migrants" and your incredible generalization that anyone who is against immigration is a Trump supporter and a lazy fuck.

Tell me, without lying - what personal interactions have you had with low-education migrants from Somalia, Tunisia, or Chad? And what sort of experience do you have to make such sweeping claims about both US politics and EU politics, and what makes you think you're correct?
    But do you think your ancestors were with high education, money, and skills ? When do you think the average dude in Europe learned to read ?

15+ Year Old Account
    But do you think your ancestors were with high education, money, and skills ?
    Thanks for playing. Different climate today. We have an established society with high skill workers. We don't need any of these people. Stop poaching the smart ones from these 3rd world countries and maybe they'll have a chance to catch up.

But do you think your ancestors were with high education, money, and skills ? When do you think the average dude in Europe learned to read ?
    My parents were, yes. Both of them attended university, one is working as an engineer and the other works at a pharmacy, currently staying home due to recovering from surgery.

Thanks for playing.
    I'm going to fracking say it, the average migrant that came to the USA between 1870 and 1914 can be charitably qualified as ''poor'' and ''low educated''.

okay? I'm not some weirdo who's obsessed with who lets who into what country so I'm lost on the significance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    My parents were, yes. Both of them attended university, one is working as an engineer and the other works at a pharmacy, currently staying home due to recovering from surgery.
    Migrants for the US, dude. Migrants for the US. Besides, allow me to suggest that in a not terribly distant past (1800 ? 1750 ?) your ancestors would have been, like 95% of mankind, unskilled peasants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to fracking say it, the average migrant that came to the USA between 1870 and 1914 can be charitably qualified as ''poor'' and ''low educated''.
    Answer the rest of the questions and maybe you'll find your answer. It's 2017. Not 1870. We don't need immigrants for the sake of immigrants. If you're truly concerned with bleeding heart compassion, go help these fucking people on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Just because Japan is shirking it's responsibility doesn't mean Europe and the U.S. should as well. We all have our role to play. Do the right thing.

Also, why are you so angry against refugees who have lost everything Daneman? That's not cool.
    There is no responsibility to shirk, it's a charity, Japan isn't obligated to do anything for people who aren't citizens of their country. Japan has every right to thoroughly vet every person who applies for refugee status and only take the few it actually wants.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Migrants for the US, dude. Migrants for the US. Besides, allow me to suggest that in a not terribly distant past (1800 ? 1750 ?) your ancestors would have been, like 95% of mankind, unskilled peasants.
    Everyone was back then except the nobility. I don't quite see your point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    japan, one of the most notoriously xenophobic places on the planet doesn't take in too many immigrants? Next you'll be telling me water is wet!

Good for them.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, they keep denying what they did to koreans, refusing to admit wrongdoing.

yup, they are denying it hard time
    Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ssued_by_Japan
    1960s
         June 22, 1965: Minister of Foreign Affairs Shiina Etsusaburo said to the people of South Korea: "In our two countries' long history there have been unfortunate times, it is truly regrettable and we are deeply remorseful" (Signing of the Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and South Korea).

1980s
       August 26, 1982: Chief Cabinet Secretary Kiichi Miyazawa said to the people of the Republic of Korea: "1. The Japanese Government and the Japanese people are deeply aware of the fact that acts by our country in the past caused tremendous suffering and damage to the peoples of Asian countries, including the Republic of Korea (ROK) and China, and have followed the path of a pacifist state with remorse and determination that such acts must never be repeated. Japan has recognized, in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, of 1965, that the 'past relations are regrettable, and Japan feels deep remorse,' and in the Japan-China Joint Communique, that Japan is 'keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war and deeply reproaches itself.' These statements confirm Japan's remorse and determination which I stated above and this recognition has not changed at all to this day. 2. This spirit in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, and the Japan-China Joint Communique, naturally should also be respected in Japan's school education and textbook authorization.
        1989: Prime Minister Takeshita Noboru, in a speech in the Japanese Diet, said:"As we have made clear previously at repeated opportunities, the Japanese government and the Japanese people are deeply conscious of the fact that the actions of our country in the past caused suffering and loss to many people in neighboring countries. Starting from our regret and resolve not to repeat such things a second time, we have followed a course as a "Peace Nation" since then. This awareness and regret should be emphasized especially in the relationship between our countries and the Korean peninsula, our nearest neighbors both geographically and historically. At this opportunity as we face a new situation in the Korean peninsula, again, to all peoples of the globe, concerning the relationship of the past, we want to express our deep regret and sorrow (Speech in the Japanese Diet).

1990s
        April 18, 1990: Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Nakayama said to the people of South Korea: "Japan is deeply sorry for the tragedy in which these (Korean) people were moved to Sakhalin not of their own free will but by the design of the Japanese government and had to remain there after the conclusion of the war" (188th National Diet Session Lower House Committee of Foreign Affairs).[12]
        May 25, 1990: Prime Minister Toshiki Kaifu, in a meeting with President Roh Tae Woo, said: "I would like to take the opportunity here to humbly reflect upon how the people of the Korean Peninsula went through unbearable pain and sorrow as a result of our country's actions during a certain period in the past and to express that we are sorry" (Summit meeting with President Roh Tae Woo in Japan).[14]
        January 17, 1992: Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa, at a policy speech on a visit to South Korea, said:. "What we should not forget about relationship between our nation and your nation is a fact that there was a certain period in the thousands of years of our company when we were the victimizer and you were the victim. I would like to once again express a heartfelt remorse and apology for the unbearable suffering and sorrow that you experienced during this period because of our nation's act." Recently the issue of the so-called 'wartime comfort women' is being brought up. I think that incidents like this are seriously heartbreaking, and I am truly sorry".[16]
        July 6, 1992. Chief Cabinet Secretary Koichi Kato said: "The Government again would like to express its sincere apology and remorse to all those who have suffered indescribable hardship as so-called 'wartime comfort women,' irrespective of their nationality or place of birth. With profound remorse and determination that such a mistake must never be repeated, Japan will maintain its stance as a pacifist nation and will endeavor to build up new future-oriented relations with the Republic of Korea and with other countries and regions in Asia. As I listen to many people, I feel truly grieved for this issue. By listening to the opinions of people from various directions, I would like to consider sincerely in what way we can express our feelings to those who suffered such hardship" (Statement by Chief Cabinet Secretary Koichi Kato on the Issue of the so-called "Wartime Comfort Women" from the Korean Peninsula).[17]
        June 23, 1996: Prime Minister Ryutaro Hashimoto said in a press conference: "Hashimoto mentioned the aspects of Japan's colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula such as the forced Japanization of Korean people's name and commented "It is beyond imagination how this injured the hearts of Korean people" Hashimoto also touched on the issue of Korean comfort women and said "Nothing injured the honor and dignity of women more than this and I would like to extend words of deep remorse and the heartfelt apology" (Joint press conference at summit meeting with President Kim Young Sam in South Korea).[26]
        October 8, 1996: Emperor Akihito said in a speech at a dinner with the South Korean president, Kim Dae Jung: "There was a period when our nation brought to bear great sufferings upon the people of the Korean Peninsula." "The deep sorrow that I feel over this will never be forgotten".[27]
        October 8, 1998: Prime Minister Keizō Obuchi said in a declaration: "Looking back on the relations between Japan and the Republic of Korea during this century, Prime Minister Obuchi regarded in a spirit of humility the fact of history that Japan caused, during a certain period in the past, tremendous damage and suffering to the people of the Republic of Korea through its colonial rule, and expressed his deep remorse and heartfelt apology for this fact. President Kim accepted with sincerity this statement of Prime Minister Obuchi's recognition of history and expressed his appreciation for it. He also expressed his view that the present calls upon both countries to overcome their unfortunate history and to build a future-oriented relationship based on reconciliation as well as good-neighborly and friendly cooperation" (Japan-South Korea Joint Declaration A New Japan-South Korea Partnership towards the Twenty-first Century).[31]

2000s
        October 15, 2001: Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said: "During the talks, President Kim highly appreciated the words of the Prime Minister Koizumi at Sodaemun Independence Park, in which he expressed remorse and apology for Japan's colonial domination" (Japanese prime minister visits South Korea).[37]
        September 17, 2002: Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said: "The Japanese side regards, in a spirit of humility, the facts of history that Japan caused tremendous damage and suffering to the people of Korea through its colonial rule in the past, and expressed deep remorse and heartfelt apology" (Japan-DPRK Pyongyang Declaration).[39]

2010s
        February 11, 2010: Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada said: "I believe what happened 100 years ago deprived Koreans of their country and national pride. I can understand the feelings of the people who lost their country and had their pride wounded," Okada said during a joint news conference with South Korean Foreign Minister Yu Myung-hwan. (This was a statement marking the 100th anniversary of Japan's colonial annexation of Korea, and not in reference to Japan's war acts in particular.)[45]
        August 10, 2010: Prime Minister Naoto Kan expressed "deep regret over the suffering inflicted" during the Empire of Japan's colonial rule over Korea. Japan's Kyodo News also reported that Cabinet members endorsed the statement. In addition, Kan said that Japan will hand over precious cultural artifacts that South Korea has been demanding. Among them were records of an ancient Korean royal dynasty.[46]
        December 7, 2010: Prime Minister Naoto Kan apologized for Korea's suffering under colonization as part of a statement marking the 100th anniversary of the annexation in 1910. "I express a renewed feeling of deep remorse and state my heartfelt apology for the tremendous damage and suffering caused by colonial rule," Kan said. Kan said Japan colonized Korea "against the will of the Korean people" who suffered great damage to their national pride and loss of culture and sovereignty as a result and added that he wants to take an honest look at his country's past with the courage and humility to address its history.[48]
        December 28, 2015: Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida and South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se made an announcement at a joint press conference, which consisted of their respective statements on behalf of Japan and South Korea. Kishida stated, “The issue of comfort women, with an involvement of the Japanese military authorities at that time, was a grave affront to the honor and dignity of large numbers of women, and the Government of Japan is painfully aware of responsibilities from this perspective. As Prime Minister of Japan, Prime Minister Abe expresses anew his most sincere apologies and remorse to all the women who underwent immeasurable and painful experiences and suffered incurable physical and psychological wounds as comfort women.” The statement went on to explain that “the Government of Japan will now take measures to heal psychological wounds of all former comfort women through its budget” and that it had been decided that the South Korean government would “establish a foundation for the purpose of providing support for the former comfort women”. In return, Yun stated that his government “acknowledges the fact that the Government of Japan is concerned about the statue built in front of the Embassy of Japan in Seoul from the viewpoint of preventing any disturbance of the peace of the mission or impairment of its dignity, and will strive to solve this issue in an appropriate manner”. Both stated that this agreement will “finally and irreversibly” resolve the contentious issue and that “on the premise that the Government of Japan will steadily implement the measures it announced”, both countries “will refrain from accusing or criticizing each other regarding this issue in the international community, including at the United Nations”.[53]

Keep fighting the good fight Japan.

Yet Japan is not any better developed than any other country like Sweden or Canada that accepts lots of refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    yup, they are denying it hard time
    I guess if you don't read regional news to the region it might look like they're being some kind of good guys. They're not.