Page 1 of 2
LastLast

M Antorus ilvl960, but players are ilvl953+ already

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Zytonah

I think that sums it up really. Part of the excitement of a new raid tier is seeing new, powerful loot that is much stronger, but people are going into this new raid with almost a full set of appropriate Mythic level gear from that raid. Sure they've gotten +2 item levels from their legendaries (ilvl970-955 x2) but the story remains the same. How is it in any way exciting to only receive a 5 item level upgrade from a new raid for most of your gear and have to rely on Titanforging to gear up as opposed to it being a nice rare bonus?

Same story for many players for their approriate raid difficulty. I think all Antorus loot needs to be buffed by another 5-10 item levels baseline, otherwise I fear that the raiding participation could plummet much lower than it did in ToS which is not healthy for anyone in the raiding community. Titanforging has had too strong of a stranglehold on loot this expansion.

Player you linked literally has nothing equipped that's higher ilvl then M Antorus drops. The vast majority of his pieces are 10+ ilvls behind them. Oh and that's without forging even being considered.

3/10 for the effort on the hot take. Bonus points for only linking the 3rd highest ilvl in the world instead of the first.

3rd highest ilvl in the world will see immediate upgrades when entering the new mythic raid. Yes it does sum it up really. Thanks for counter-proving your point immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bonus points for only linking the 3rd highest ilvl in the world instead of the first.
    Pretty much this.

The average upgrade ilvl at this guy's gear from mythic antorus, so 960, is 14.3ilvls. Pretty good upgrade tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... literally any item that will drop from M Antorus will be an upgrade (ilvl-vise) for 3rd highest ilvl player in the world, what's exactly the problem here?

I also loved how you generalize all players based on 3rd highest ilvl player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Dumb thread is dumb. That's my hot take.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

By the time this tier is done some guys are going to be around 980 ilvl thanks to titanforging and new higher ilvl on legendaries so non existent problem.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    After split runs in Heroic Antorus, with any luck he'll barely need any loot anyway. Which has been the case for several tiers (and years) now.
    How can I have been the case for several years when this is the first year with titanforging?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I just came back 2 weeks ago and I'm 920, how the hell are you guys 950.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    2x 970 legos and all 945-955 WF/TF items.

Mythic ToS is 930 base, with mythic KJ 940. M+10 weekly cache is a minimum of 935. Titanforged is uncommon, but ToS has been out for nearly 4 months now. It adds up quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the bigger problem is this guy is 953 and doesn't do that much m+ and hasn't cleared Tomb on Mythic even once.

It shouldn't really be "how the hell are you guys 950" it should be "how the hell are you 920"
    And don't get me wrong, its easy as hell gearing up now. I know how to do it, but taking only 2 weeks to gear up for mythic is wrong in my eyes.
    But the game is what it is. We gotta play the cards you're dealt

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It shouldn't really be "how the hell are you guys 950" it should be "how the hell are you 920"
    And don't get me wrong, its easy as hell gearing up now. I know how to do it, but taking only 2 weeks to gear up for mythic is wrong in my eyes.
    But the game is what it is. We gotta play the cards you're dealt
    I've been doing Argus stuff rfor the relinquished. I'm unlikely to get into high level mythics as a non930+

My spriest was 932 after 30 hours played. Ofc, tiergear and better stats made me go down to 924. Easy to gear yeah^^

OP: They don't stop with WF/TF in Antorus. Legendary to ilvl 1000 and some wf/tf gear in there. Voila, 970+ in no time.

*sarcasm on* Yeah what a huge problem... Highest item lvl players will be able to start doing M Antorus bosses with out farming 3-4-5 weeks to get better gear... *sarcasm off* After they will farm it for 3-4-5-6 months like they did with M TOS they will become 984 ilvl (because one more ilvl 1000 garanteed item)... And if my maths aren't wrong 984-953 = +31 ilvl not +5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I mean the bigger problem is this guy is 953 and doesn't do that much m+ and hasn't cleared Tomb on Mythic even once.
    That's not really a problem, that's just amplifying how dumb this thread is. He's one of the luckiest guys in the world on his loot drops and the OP is trying to condemn an entire system around 0.0001% of players getting lucky. Not to mention he's just flat out wrong anyway.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

The bigger issue here is how they've only just killed Maiden around 6 days ago at this point, with an average ilvl of 942+

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That's not really a problem, that's just amplifying how dumb this thread is. He's one of the luckiest guys in the world on his loot drops and the OP is trying to condemn an entire system around 0.0001% of players getting lucky. Not to mention he's just flat out wrong anyway.
    He is 953 yes but the average mythic raider is already over 940 and most 945 if you aren't forced to wear 2 set t19.... Pretty Much when next tier comes out heroic gear 945 is a sidegrade for any mythic raider... The gap in ilvl isn't high enough thx to titanforging.

We need atleast 20 ilvl between normal/heroic/mythic rather than 15.