Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    That's because we're proof that systems like the EU works. We are a collection of states, that are unified into one. The EU has its growing pains, much like the US has had. But most of that will be grown out of if it gets the chance.
    By then, however, it would be brown. White Europeans can not replace their population as fast as brown, middle easterners and Indians. All the while, children of elite eurocrats will be protected in seculaded high priced environment due to high of living in those places. Just like u.s. where supporters of immigration do not tend to live close to their lovable immigrants. They either live in segregated areas or in college campuses or high cost areas, where newly arrived brown people can't afford to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Trade deals will invariably require 3rd party legal oversight, either from something like the ECJ or a bilateral 'court' agreed in the trade deal. So sure, the USA does have to agree to be told what to do by foreign nations and parliaments in regards to products it wishes to export to those markets. Including the EU.

That won't change for the UK on the basis of leaving the EU, it just means we won't get a say on those EU regulations when it comes to regulations on things we wish to export there.
    why won't it change though? IF U.K. leaves EU, then how could EU control what deals U.K. makes with U.S.?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    That's because we're proof that systems like the EU works. We are a collection of states, that are unified into one. The EU has its growing pains, much like the US has had. But most of that will be grown out of if it gets the chance.
    and the collection of states that have to be affected by one country, Germany. GERMANY ALONE decided to take all these migrants. Other countries did not get a say. now, they are expected to take Germany decision? WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I can really imagine the USA being told what to do by a foreign court and a foreign parliament

Not
    Yes, it's really hard to believe that anyone in the United States of America ever would had come to the idea that giving up sovereignity to form a bigger union might be better and more beneficial, and even might help fighting those red coated bastards that wanted to apply their idea of a empire on them.

So it looks like labour and the Tories failed to boost the country? So no to social democracy?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    By then, however, it would be brown. White Europeans can not replace their population as fast as brown, middle easterners and Indians. All the while, children of elite eurocrats will be protected in seculaded high priced environment due to high of living in those places. Just like u.s. where supporters of immigration do not tend to live close to their lovable immigrants. They either live in segregated areas or in college campuses or high cost areas, where newly arrived brown people can't afford to live.
    i don't think you are right but, for sake of argument, even if the Europe become mainly mestizo (mixing of ethnicity), i couldn't care less. I really don't care if you are white, black green or orange, you can still be my friend, my spouse, my boss or my employee.

Unifying of europe however is facing a problem of multi language. Paradoxically, the most likely language to unify europe is english, even though the english isles are leaving the EU (save rep of ireland).

The train-wreck completely rolled off the cliff and is in free fall now. It's interesting to watch.

Brexit was never about the economics it was about sovereignty
    Only if one does not understand sovereignty.

I can really imagine the USA being told what to do by a foreign court and a foreign parliament

Not
    Not sure about parliaments, but US is in plenty international organizations with juridical bodies or at least powers. They lost and had to comply with multiple WTO rulings alone.

Never mind that birth rates of foreigners stabilize to European numbers within 1-3 generations, which'd require centuries for current racial minorities to even overcome the white people. And oh noes, Europe would be brown? The horror.

and the collection of states that have to be affected by one country, Germany. GERMANY ALONE decided to take all these migrants. Other countries did not get a say. now, they are expected to take Germany decision? WHY?
    Because solidarity is one of the fundamental rules of EU. It's why Germany acted in the first place. Because Germany acted to help out the EU border states that were unable to deal with the sheer amount of migrants on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Not
    You think the US never has to abide by international rulings and binding agreements? I've got sad news for you if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Pretty much at a point where people over a certain age have no value to me anymore, they've stolen our independence, they've made our country suffer more times than I can count, they've taken us brutally out of a huge union they know nothing about and all the while not even researching any of their decisions past anything but a newspaper.

But its all okay, because Margaret, 68, can finally read the Daily Mail in peace, knowing that she's done her bit for the nation.
    Oh you poor deluded man

Margaret is now reading the Express. The Mail was when she was in her 50s but when she became retired she drifted further into insanity so the Mail wasn't extreme enough for her.

Two things.

1, Look up my post history. I warned about this back after the referendum, and I recently warned about this in a thread of -Share a professional secret.

2, Another element that I wasn't aware of until recently is that most of the UK's foreign trade with none EU nations is actually just Gold Bullion. The shifting of Gold Bullion between different national reserves that happens through the London Metal Exchange. This massively inflates the foreign trade values (specifically that of exports) while it makes almost no economic contribution.

But not like any of this will ever make a difference for Brexiteers, who are pretty much the European equivalent of Trumpkins.

Another interesting thing pointed out recently in British media is that Brexit is simply not a priority issue in the EU anymore. Pro-EU political groups got reinforced, there's a greater sense of unity (as most people agree that the EU is a must, that must be reformed but is important to preserve, even separatists like those in Catalonia are very much pro-EU).

The EU accepted that Brexit is a thing, agreed on a position and moved on. The domino effect fantasy Eurosceptics had completely failed to materialize, in reality the opposite happening.

All the EU needs to do now is stand by its position, focus on reform and eventually the Brexit issue will resolve itself advantageously for the EU, meanwhile the British economy is shaky and the government is a constant state of disarray and near collapse. Every day this continues, the EU comes out looking better and better, and they don't have to do a damn thing.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-10-17 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Two things.

1, Look up my post history. I warned about this back after the referendum, and I recently warned about this in a thread of -Share a professional secret.

2, Another element that I wasn't aware of until recently is that most of the UK's foreign trade with none EU nations is actually just Gold Bullion. The shifting of Gold Bullion between different national reserves that happens through the London Metal Exchange. This massively inflates the foreign trade values (specifically that of exports) while it makes almost no economic contribution.

But not like any of this will ever make a difference for Brexiteers, who are pretty much the European equivalent of Trumpkins.

Another interesting thing pointed out recently in British media is that Brexit is simply not a priority issue in the EU anymore. Pro-EU political groups got reinforced, there's a greater sense of unity (as most people agree that the EU is a must, that must be reformed but is important to preserve, even separatists like those in Catalonia are very much pro-EU).

The EU accepted that Brexit is a thing, agreed on a position and moved on. The domino effect fantasy Eurosceptics had completely failed to materialize, in reality the opposite happening.

All the EU needs to do now is stand by its position, focus on reform and eventually the Brexit issue will resolve itself advantageously for the EU, meanwhile the British economy is shaky and the government is a constant state of disarray and near collapse. Every day this continues, the EU comes out looking better and better, and they don't have to do a damn thing.
    Yeah, the similarities with Trump are pretty funny. for example, a lot of pro-brexit voters were just protest voting, just like with trump, and regretted it as soon as it passed, same as trump. the numbers showed that if a re-vote was held the very next day, it would have failed miserably, just like a re-election in the US would have. strange bit of history that both nations decided to self-harm in such similar ways in the same year.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2017-10-17 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

why won't it change though? IF U.K. leaves EU, then how could EU control what deals U.K. makes
    Because the EU will still expect UK products to meet EU standards set by the EU to be legally traded there. Those standards will include quality, materials and so on. Even if they meet those quality standards they can still add tariffs to make up for any other means that make it cheaper for us to produce, such as employment, safety and environmental legislation. Meanwhile the USA do exactly the same for their markets.

Those rules we are already set to aren’t going to change.

Deleted
    I guess China was offended that the UK didn't stay in the EU, to push through their globalist plots of free trade

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    why won't it change though? IF U.K. leaves EU, then how could EU control what deals U.K. makes with U.S.?
    Oh, the EU won't be able to do that. But the US will probably always make a deal with the EU before they make a deal with the UK. As for why, size. The EU is larger in people and in economy. So there's just more for the US to get from it.
    A deal between the US and the UK will also be the deal the US wants and the UK settles for. Same as a deal between the EU and the UK post brexit, for the exact same reasons.

Same as any trade into the EU the UK will want to do, the products they ship will have to follow any and all EU regulation. Which means that, as the EU is the largest export market to the UK (not sure how large market that is, but there probably is one) things will remain as now, but the UK not having a say over said regulations.

Loss, loss, loss. Everywhere loss.
    - Lars

Deleted

Not
    It was mostly about xenophobia. "Sovereignity" and economics were minor factors.

The main threat to UK sovereignity is the US. That's the country with military bases on our soil that mostly dictates our foreign policy, has the most one-sided extradition treaty of any two nations in the world, multinationals in every high street, and whose firms control a major part of our financial system, pay no tax, and are now engaged in the process of privatizing the NHS. Now, the UK government wants to make us part of NAFTA. People who believe in sovereignity would vote for close ties with the EU if anything as a counterweight to this ridiculous level of foreign control.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It was mostly about xenophobia. "Sovereignity" and economics were minor factors.
    I voted for brexit and it had nothing to do with xenophobia

it had a lot to do with the fact we are a small island that has absorbed more migrants than Germany in recent years without the space or ability to build the schools, homes and hospitals we need for that rise in population

We needed breathing space to catch up on infrastructure and all we got was the eu telling us we could not slow down or restrict entry to people while we did

Then the hypocrites harden their borders when illegal immigrants and refugees flooded in from africa and the middle east

We cant house, treat or educate to any standard the current population regardless of origin, how the hell is an open border going to help?

Stifling regulation, foreign courts with no clue about britain and a foreign parliament overriding our own

Sovereignty is the issue, xenophobia had nothing to do with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The US has several dozen cases under adjudication by the WTO at any given time. It tends to honor those rulings.
    Thats a trade organisation, the World Trade Organisation, not a court

It adjudicates it does not over ride or supercede criminal law for instance in the USA

Can you imagine a day when the USA supreme court was subordinate to a foreign court?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You think the US never has to abide by international rulings and binding agreements? I've got sad news for you if you do.
    There is not a single body in the world that supersedes the criminal courts in the USA

It is not subject to the International Criminal Court for instance

As for international agreements, Trump seems to be tearing those up as he sees fit like the Iran nuclear deal
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny watching people post here, saying how it was brexit's fault and people should feel bad for having support it.

Forgetting that: EU leaders stated, in no uncertain terms that they intend to make brexit painful!

The EU “undeniably” intends to punish Britain over Brexit and the bloc wants the split to be “as painful as possible”, far-right French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has said.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Your source is a quotation from someone who holds no political office whatsoever and has a well-established anti-EU bias published in an anti-EU biased tabloid?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted

(cue predictable xenophobic rant)
    *Sigh*......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Your source is a quotation from someone who holds no political office whatsoever and has a well-established anti-EU bias published in an anti-EU biased tabloid?
    Right-wing paper quoting French nazi doesn't sound very credible.

That said it is probably true and entirely predictable. Naturally the EU countries have their own racists who don't like Britain much, who their politicians will now pander to. British right-wingers fail to understand that other nations can be as petty, small-minded and parochial as they can.

Also, shes european deputee but notorious for not going to her job, she was pursued for this before.

it had a lot to do with the fact we are a small island that has absorbed more migrants than Germany in recent years without the space or ability to build the schools, homes and hospitals we need for that rise in population
    l
    Yeah, sorry, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    *Sigh*......
    I know right :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    How are people that stupid? the UK made a net profit from the EU, and theyll have to maintain the same standards if they want to have any hope of trading with the EU, now with tariffs. brexit is a huge net loss for the UK, there is no polishing that turd.
    Because people voted to leave to kick out all dem immigrantz!